fbpx

Melody’s clay sculptures

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Melody’s clay sculptures

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

No clay this time – the story about the avocado, posted on the “Windstone Editions” Facebook page yesterday (March 10).

Melody says, “The Paint your own The Muse has been restocked in our store! For those of you that don’t know about The Muse, let me explain:
      I was in a slump one day. Didn’t feel like creating anything. This is very unusual for me, but thankfully the muse came to the rescue. There in the fruit bowl was a moldy avocado. It looked at me and I recognized my muse. After adding hair, warts, scales. a beak. two ugly feet and a pair of unmatched eyes, the muse came to life and now works along with me every minute.
      The Muse has almost every texture I could think of for a trial Paint Your-Own-Piece. You can’t mess up the muse. After she is painted, she will inspire you with her odd-eyed stare to reach your creative goals no matter what!
      Her beak can hold a toothpick with a motivational note. I use my Muse to display favorite fortune cookie fortunes. With typos.
      She comes with a dixie cup to hide her in if she won’t let you sleep.”

Windstone_Muse_Melody

etruscan
      Participant

More about the Muse (drawings posted on Melody’s deviantArt page):

Windstone_my-Muse_by-Melody_drawing-1a

Windstone_my-Muse_by-Melody_drawing-1b

Windstone_my-Muse_by-Melody_drawing-1c

Windstone_my-Muse_by-Melody_drawing-2

Thank you for sharing this. I was thinking that it would be great if there was a muse comic, and lo and behold, there is one. It would be so much fun to see the muse as a character in future stories.

Gem
        Participant

This is so precious!

etruscan
          Participant

Melody posted this on the “Windstone Editions” Facebook page on March 15. Melody says, “It is the 50th anniversary of The Godfather movie. So here’s a horse head. It is sitting on the table in my studio with a lot of my working gypsum “masters” . I am running out of room.”

Pena_sculpt_horse-head

etruscan
            Participant

Another photo from the “Windstone Editions” Facebook page.
              Melody says, “I found this unfinished dragon candle lamp in a storage box. We never produced this one. We decided to stop making new gargoyles and candle lamps when we couldn’t keep up with the ones we already had in production! He holds a votive candle in a secure cup behind his wings. When the candle is lit, it would shine through his glass eyes and his open mouth.
              We do have a lot of other candle lamps in our Windstone Editions online store. We still can’t keep up.”

Pena_candlelamp_dragon_WIP

From the comments – “Would you ever sell unpainted ones?”

Melody’s reply – “I don’t know, I wonder if would we be liable if someone painted one of these with flammable paint and it caught fire or something?”

Several people suggested including a battery operated candle with the PYO sculpt.

Ela_Hara
              Participant

I would go for that! I like this Dragon Lamp!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Mika
                Participant

That dragon lamp looks really nice!

pipsxlch
                  Participant

I love that dragon lamp- I would buy it as a PYO or production piece!

etruscan
                    Participant

Posted on the “Windstone Editions” Facebook page on March 16.
                      Melody says, “Clay day pic. This is the original clay sculpt of the unicorn mare, left, with the finished version, right. The Unicorn mare was a remake of the little guy in front. He is an oil clay sculpt I did about 38 years ago before we started Windstone! The big unicorn mare has her legs tucked in a bit more to prevent breakage. … The fledgling in the background wears a green zip tie because she is a paint sample. We do that so we don’t accidentally ship our paint samples!”

Pena_sculpt_mother-unicorn_clay

etruscan
                      Participant

Catching up on Melody’s recent posts on the “Windstone Editions” Facebook page. Guessing at the dates for some of them.
                        For anyone who follows Instagram, and doesn’t already know this, some of the things that Melody posts on Facebook also appear on the Windstone Editions Instagram account – https://www.instagram.com/windstoneeditions/

Posted on March 17 – Melody says, “A nice clutter pic of one of the shelves in my studio. A test-painted Autumn Wizard cat is in the center, flanked by a mouse and a toad wizard, several dragons, and other assorted gypsum life forms.”

Comment – “This looks like one of those super challenging 1000 piece puzzles!”
                        Comment – “Perfect picture to post today, with all those shades of green and orange!”
                        Melody replied that there is a St. Patrick’s Day fuzzy at the very bottom of the photo.

Pena_clutter_wizards_dragons

Posted on March 17 – Melody says, “An aluminum foil aardvark. I’m testing the Meta Facebook business app. It is supposed to post to both FB and instagram. But it don’t. Let’s see if this pic does.” [It did 🙂 ]

Pena_aluminum-foil_aardvark

Posted on March 19 – Melody says, “Working on these today.”
                        The griffin is Snerl, the Windstone logo griffin. The unicorn is a ponycorn. Melody calls it the ponycorn mare (or the poppycorn mare). Someone called the ponycorns “poppycorns” – Melody likes that name for them.

Comment – “Are these both meant to be PYOs? I love them!”
                        Melody’s reply – “Snerl is a pyo. The poppycorn is a regular thing”

Pena_Snerl_ponycorn-mare_WIP

etruscan
                        Participant

Posted today (March 21) on the “Windstone Editions” Facebook page – another view of the Work In Progress Snerl sculpt.

Melody says, “This is a rough casting of ‘SNERL’ the Windstone Editions logo Griffin. When he’s finished, we’ll offer him as a Paint-your-own from our website”

Pena_Snerl_WIP_plaster

Melody
                          Keymaster

Posted today (March 21) on the “Windstone Editions” Facebook page – another view of the Work In Progress Snerl sculpt.

Melody says, “This is a rough casting of ‘SNERL’ the Windstone Editions logo Griffin. When he’s finished, we’ll offer him as a Paint-your-own from our website”

Pena_Snerl_WIP_plaster

Argh. Facebook simply won’t work for me today. I don’t know what is going on with it. It won’t even open. so I posted this on Instagram, which is linked to the Windstone FB page. Instagram crops photos into a square format, so that’s why this pic is cropped funny.

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

YAY! SNERL will be a PYO?!?!? YAY!!!!!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

dragonmedley
                              Participant

I can’t wait for the Snerl PYO!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 105 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.