fbpx

Melody asks you

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Melody asks you

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    Mmloda
    Participant

I LOVE raffles, I think they’re exiting, its so much fun seeing other people win, I never have any luck with winning anything but I still LOVE being a part of them… πŸ˜‰
      I also think that it is very generous of you Melody and in a way it keeps us all on the edge of our seats and it provides that little bit more of excitement…. πŸ˜€
      And I also have to say that I LOVE seeing the pics or the video of the person who pics out the name… πŸ˜‰

I VOTE for having raffles… πŸ˜€

Marzena

Katherine
      Participant

I really do love raffles! There is dissapointment, but it is expected. I like the rules concerning that no previous winners can win again. That way there is more of a chance for everyone else! Even if I someday win a dragon, I will cherish him, despite the fact that my first love are unicorns!

Melody
        Keymaster

2Huberts wrote:

We love the raffles and it is fun to watch even if you don’t win.

Here’s another idea. You could charge everyone a dollar and then donate that to the best cause at that time. the Humane Society, the Falcon rescue, and even to a forum member that could use it. a good example now would be Dracomancer’s dog (Monty) surgery. Just a thought. πŸ™‚I’d love to do charity raffles but I think you need to be an authentic non-profit to get away with that.. when money is involved things get complicated legally, because then the raffle could be considered gambling.

BlueDragon
          Participant

I would love to enter a raffle here! Its always fun to see who wins, even if its not you.

BD πŸ™‚

Travistie
            Participant

Yes, keep the raffles going! It’s fun to see what people win, and I even have a chance myself!
              Thank you so much for doing the last two. It’s very kind of you to do this for us! πŸ˜€

laphon1
              Participant

purpleturtle wrote:

I never win anything, but its nice to see others win πŸ˜€ . Do we have to ‘enter’ the raffle, or if you are in the forum are you automaticaly in the drawing? I was’nt clear on that πŸ˜• ?

When Melody announces a raffle she tells you to send her an e-mail. Any thing else she wants she will say so.

laphon1
                Participant

Please keep the raffles, Melody. They are fun to watch even if you don’t win. And there is always next time.

Bob

Melody wrote:

2Huberts wrote:

Here’s another idea. You could charge everyone a dollar and then donate that to the best cause at that time. the Humane Society, the Falcon rescue, and even to a forum member that could use it. a good example now would be Dracomancer’s dog (Monty) surgery. Just a thought. πŸ™‚I’d love to do charity raffles but I think you need to be an authentic non-profit to get away with that.. when money is involved things get complicated legally, because then the raffle could be considered gambling.
                    To my unserstanding it’s ONLY considered Gamblng of you are giving away money as the prize. If you are giving away produts, as you are, I think you are OK. At least that is my undserstanding in the charity world I live in
                    All the money I give and the organizartions I hlep raise money for are 501(c)3 non profit charity organizations

Joshmo4evr
                    Participant

I am Sooooo down for raffles. Like Phoenix, I never win anything. But I always enjoy the chance. And if I ever DO win something? I probably won’t be alive (due to excitement) to enjoy the piece :).

Plus, it’s very generous of Melody, as many other members have said.

Yes to raffles!! πŸ™‚

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

Dragon Master wrote:

Melody wrote:

2Huberts wrote:

To my unserstanding it’s ONLY considered Gamblng of you are giving away money as the prize. If you are giving away produts, as you are, I think you are OK. At least that is my undserstanding in the charity world I live in
                        All the money I give and the organizartions I hlep raise money for are 501(c)3 non profit charity organizations

No, there are still laws against it. That’s why on all those contests you hear “No purchase necessary to enter”… once you start having money involved, even if you intend to do good things with it but you are not a registered ‘not-for-profit’ it gets very legally confusing and potentially could come back on Windstone. Not worth it, really.

Also, remember you are an individual doing fund raising. Windstone is a business and the government has a much more critical eye on them.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                        My art: featherdust.com

Mmloda
                        Participant

Melody wrote:

2Huberts wrote:

Melody, I just have a quick question…would you consider doing a charity raffle for a non for profit organization in Canada?
                          The one that i am thinking of is called THE DURHAM RAPE CRISIS CENTRE…it is a free counselling and accompaniment service for abused women and youth who have been affected by sexual assault… πŸ™‚
                          I know that they have a website and I am sure that if there was a raffle they would add it to the website which would provide extra advertising for Windstone. πŸ˜‰

Marzena

Allison
                          Participant

I love the raffles! It gives me a tiny hope of getting some awesome Windstones, being as I’m a starving student πŸ˜†

I’ve never won anything from a raffle before either, so I’m used to dealing with the disappointment anyway. I enjoy all the excitment, and I love seeing all the prizes people win.

setsunawolf wrote:

I’d hate to win a hoofer when I’d rather have a Clash.

But do keep up the raffles. They are awesome!!!! πŸ˜€

What?! 😯

I can Clash with the best of ’em! πŸ˜‰

—————–

I love the raffles. They’re a great and very generous idea you came up with.

~Hoofer … Neigh

Setsunawolf
                            Participant

That’s one of the benefits of the auction for Jax. It has been sent to Sibernet-L and other rescue groups to broaden the bidding pool. It’ll let a lot of people know about Windstone and help Jax at the same time.

Melody, if you are interested SOS-Save Our Siberians has a bi-annual auction to raise funds for expensive medical procedures for rescues. They help rescues by paying part of emergency surgeries, expensive treatments of tests. They’ve helped a lot of dogs who otherwise would not have been saved. They are always looking for donations to add the auction.

Northern Lights would also be very excited to benefit from a raffle for a Windstone. I think you would get quite a few Rescue people buying raffle tickets if you were interested.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                              Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                              Sun Dragon Koi #3

Setsunawolf
                              Participant

Hoofer wrote:

setsunawolf wrote:

I’d hate to win a hoofer when I’d rather have a Clash.

But do keep up the raffles. They are awesome!!!! πŸ˜€

What?! 😯

I can Clash with the best of ’em! πŸ˜‰

—————–

I love the raffles. They’re a great and very generous idea you came up with.

~Hoofer … Neigh
                                πŸ˜† Except for my Koi-Rins I don’t think I have any hoofers. I remember seeing the Peacock dragons as a child and I fixated. I always wanted but they were too expensive for me to buy until I became an adult. Now I’m running out of room πŸ™„ πŸ˜†

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                                Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                                Sun Dragon Koi #3

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 130 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.