fbpx

May 2014 “Class of 42” GB Curlie Photo Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags May 2014 “Class of 42” GB Curlie Photo Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

Posting for dracco:

Stephanie
      Participant

Stephanie I’m not sure about yours – my bet’s on chalcedony/agate, or it could be a cloudy fluorite or amethyst.

I’m a geology nut too and I haven’t been able to figure it out. Really don’t think it’s amethyst. It’s very brown and cloudy and dark. Not going to do a streak test though. XD

It could be a very murky agate. There’s not much to it.

Hannah
        Participant

Got mine today!
          She’s beautiful, and reminds me of a test paint that was done a while back.. something Cinnamon?
          Anyway, she will be for SALE because my finances have changed and I could use the money πŸ™‚ Please PM me if you’re interested!
          I believe the stone she protects is Unakite.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
          Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Stephanie
          Participant

Beautiful, Hannah! A real Pernese queen dragon there. πŸ˜€

jmoore
            Participant

Oh, I think someone had a mini keeper and lap pair in a color similar to Hannah’s curlie….

etruscan
              Participant

Oh, I think someone had a mini keeper and lap pair in a color similar to Hannah’s curlie….

Those are mine. The lap is “Cinnamon Pearl”, and it does look like Hannah’s curlie matches her. πŸ™‚

jmoore
                Participant

Those are mine. The lap is “Cinnamon Pearl”, and it does look like Hannah’s curlie matches her. πŸ™‚

Oh, right! Your two are a beautiful pair!

Sikek
                  Participant

These all look great, thanks for posting pictures everyone!

Samwise
                    Participant

Such beautiful dragons! Mine is sitting in an unopened box next to me – I’m so excited! But I couldn’t open it before the geologist in me gets the itch scratched to help people ID their dragon’s stone globes.

Anichol, I’ll second Etruscan by saying that one looks like rhodochrosite.
                      Mashubert, yours has a manmade opalescent glass called ‘opalite’.
                      Drag0nfeathers, yours is a jasper of some sort. The black feathery lines are dendritic mineral growths.
                      Copper83 yours looks like a jasper too. If the gray stripes appear metallic, it could be tiger iron or a banded ironstone.
                      Stephanie I’m not sure about yours – my bet’s on chalcedony/agate, or it could be a cloudy fluorite or amethyst.
                      Lysithan yours has a jasper known as dalmatian jasper.

Whee, the nerd in me is now sated πŸ˜‰ Thanks Etruscan for starting the thread, and everyone for posting pictures!

Way to go Zelda!! Impressive

siberakh1
                      Participant

Copper83, Hannah, and drag0nfeathers, your curlies are my favorites of the ones posted so far! My curlie should arrive Monday. I ordered a couple of PYOs with my curlie, so I think they slowed his flying down just a bit. One of the PYOs is a little ‘derpy’. πŸ˜‰

Such beautiful dragons! Mine is sitting in an unopened box next to me – I’m so excited! But I couldn’t open it before the geologist in me gets the itch scratched to help people ID their dragon’s stone globes.

Anichol, I’ll second Etruscan by saying that one looks like rhodochrosite.
                        Mashubert, yours has a manmade opalescent glass called ‘opalite’.
                        Drag0nfeathers, yours is a jasper of some sort. The black feathery lines are dendritic mineral growths.
                        Copper83 yours looks like a jasper too. If the gray stripes appear metallic, it could be tiger iron or a banded ironstone.
                        Lysithan yours has a jasper known as dalmatian jasper.

Whee, the nerd in me is now sated πŸ˜‰ Thanks Etruscan for starting the thread, and everyone for posting pictures!

Thank you Zelda! I was wondering what mine was, so glad you did that, thank you!

Ann
                        Participant

Wow Zelda, thanks for giving us so much expert analysis of the stones. I think the stones really added to the the classy “class of ’42”. It made them even more special. Even though I have always loved the curlies with their crystal ball, I like the unique stones even more.

Did you ever post yours? Hope you finally opened it.

Ann

Serendipity
                          Participant

Posting this for Tinks πŸ™‚

I love the stone on this one!

photo IMG_20140531_182447_zps02e85ce7.jpg

Zelda
                            Participant

Thanks Samwise, and you’re very welcome Lysithian and Anichol! Stephanie, now you’ve got me curious if your sphere would fluoresce under UV light – some agates do!

Truth be told I’ve spent too much time staring at a lot of these minerals in rock shops over the years, so it tickles me when I recognize them πŸ™‚ I hope everyone ends up liking their dragon even more for knowing something about the stone. I don’t subscribe myself to the metaphysical traits that some associate with certain gems and minerals, but for those that do there’s another added dimension to the stones. I just think it’s great that Melody was able to find such a range of spheres to compliment all of the varying colors in the curlies!

On that note:
                              Dracco’s curlie has a classic red jasper.
                              Hannah you’re correct that yours has a unakite sphere. Love those orange eyes too!
                              Tinks’s dragon looks like another jasper, or possibly a finely-banded mookaite.
                              Kelseyslk, your dragon in the classifieds has a sodalite sphere.

I’ll have to take pics of my dragon tomorrow when the lighting is better. He’s the blue and turquoise curlie in the third row from the left, fourth one down. He has a lovely moss agate sphere!

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Kim
                              Blocked

I love the other rainbowy ones that were posted too! I also love the real stone globes they have! I used to have a nice rock and gem collection when I was young. It’s probably good I didn’t get one though because I have this thing that I have to have even numbers of everything so am sure that would start me wanting to collect curlies too!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 137 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.