fbpx

Magic Invisible Paint??

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Magic Invisible Paint??

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    siberakh1
    Participant

If I ever get a custom hotrod/rat rod… I will have some of these custom paints used. Worth the cost for a car… but not so much on a pyo (unless there is leftover from a car…). Some of those colors are just delicious! I think the only thing I’d really go for is some of the paints in a spray or smaller red model paints. I just can’t find anything decent in red that is a basic acrylic tube paint.

Purplecat
      Participant

I’ve been toying with the idea of getting equipment so I can paint motorcycles….mmmmmm….It’d be worth it for something that is outside on a regular basis, the expense would be hideous though! 😯

Melody
        Keymaster

KoishiiKitty wrote:

there is also this paint called Chameleon paint that is not invisible, but literally changes complete colors depending on the angle you view an object at, if any one is interested in that too.

That is probably Dichroic paint. We tried that too. These effect paints only look good on cars or large moving surfaces, outdoors.
          In the case of the dichro paint, an object that stands still, under consistent light doesn’t show off the color shifting quality.

Kujacker
          Participant

Melody wrote:

KoishiiKitty wrote:

there is also this paint called Chameleon paint that is not invisible, but literally changes complete colors depending on the angle you view an object at, if any one is interested in that too.

That is probably Dichroic paint. We tried that too. These effect paints only look good on cars or large moving surfaces, outdoors.
            In the case of the dichro paint, an object that stands still, under consistent light doesn’t show off the color shifting quality.

Yeah, I have some of this paint. And like Miss Melody said, unless the piece is moving or outside and moving, it doesn’t color change…

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.