fbpx

Mad,mad,mad weather

Home Forums Miscellany Community Mad,mad,mad weather

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 300 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

1°tonight in mid Mississippi!!Coldest weather in the 6yrs.I have been here.I feel for Y’all directly north of us.Goodness.Lookout east coast.It is coming.I know all the ice is going to knock out powerlines but I sure hope the ice doesn’t take out the electricity for too long.Stay safe and warm everyone.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Mary
      Participant

This is the most horrible winter I’ve ever seen. We already got 29 inches of snow over the past 3 weeks including a couple blizzards, and today/tomorrow we’re in another winter storm warning expected to get another 8-13 inches of new snow. Of course, we’ve also been in the deep freeze with our temps not getting over freezing, so none of its melted. I can’t ever remember such a long deep freeze. Last night, we hit -20 wind chill. So much for global warming. Maybe we’re entering a new Ice Age as scientists warned about before mad scientists began geoengineering our weather.

Of course, I felt sorry for all my critter friends who come here to feed, so I shoveled a path through the 3 ft of snow to get to the bird feeder and put out some corn for the squirrels.

I’ve had lots of woodpeckers coming to the feeder all year and have downy woodpeckers that produced a nest of 4 youngsters, and a red-headed woodpecker that had 2 babies. Gotta make sure they get enough to eat since it’ll be months before they can find food under the snow covered ground.

Caught a pic of a couple of the babies.

babydowny

babyredhead

Mary
        Participant

Just heard on the news that the beach at Galveston Texas just got “thunder-snow” storm.

Bodine
          Participant

Goodness,Texas?You there? Be safe.My dearest friend is close to College Station.She HATES the cold,worse than me.She was supposed to be headed here today for my bday but not going to happen today.
            It started raining ice now.Dogs don’t mind.

20210215_0747022

Bodine
            Participant

5mins.later…

20210215_0801344

And then….snow

20210215_0813462

Setsunawolf
              Participant

It’s a balmy -20 here. I’m glad I have today off. It’s too dangerous to take the little one out in this.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                Sun Dragon Koi #3

Bodine
                Participant

DANG!Dangerous temps.Be safe.
                  We are having lots of ice.

pipsxlch
                  Participant

It was 88 here today. Guess that kind of gradient helps explain some of the precipitation we’re all having. Stay safe and warm everyone.

Bodine
                    Participant

This is my drive.Solid ice.I won’t be going anywhere for a couple of days.

20210216_1650102

Ela_Hara
                      Participant

Be Safe Bodine!
                        Ice is nothing to mess with! Talk about topsy-turvy, our temp today in Maryland was close to 50 – you’re getting our weather! Poor Texas too! Temps below 0 in places? Wow!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

merrillannwhite
                        Participant

We’ll be getting some more in the next couple days Ela_Hara. Everyone stay safe.

pipsxlch
                          Participant

Wow, please be careful Bodine! Looks rather scary.

Mary
                            Participant

It was 88 here today. Guess that kind of gradient helps explain some of the precipitation we’re all having. Stay safe and warm everyone.

Want any visitors until summer? 😉

In Chicago, we’ve now racked up over 44 inches of snow, without temperatures dropping enough to melt any of it.

This is my mailbox;

mailbox

And, here’s my driveway. Soon running out of room to pile new snow.

drive

Mary
                              Participant

Bodine, Ice storms are the worst! Even up north where we’re prepared for snow with plows & salt, still ice provides for some very hazardous driving. I was down in Tennessee a few years ago on business, and they had an ice storm & everything shutdown because nobody had plows or salt, and folks didn’t know how to drive on ice.

Nightcrow
                                Participant

I’ve been snowed in for a week – didn’t go in to the office at all, because my car was ice-coated and the roads were covered in snow, and I was running the faucets every three hours to keep the pipes from freezing.

Today it’s 65 degrees outside! I went to work today in a short-sleeve t-shirt and sandals. There’s still a lump of snow in my front flowerbed! Otherwise it might all have been a hallucination.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 300 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.