fbpx

Lunar eclipse

Home Forums Miscellany Community Lunar eclipse

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

So who’s planning on watching the lunar eclipse tonight? The experts are saying those of us in North America and Europe are should have a good view weather permitting.

Quote:

The main event begins at 9:01 p.m. ET, when the moon is completely covered by the darkest part of Earth’s shadow. That translates to 8:01 p.m. CT, 7:01 p.m. MT and 6:01 p.m. PT. The total phase of the eclipse lasts 51 minutes, and the moon starts coming out of the darkest shadow, or umbra, at 9:52 p.m. ET.

Moreover, this eclipse comes with a rare bonus. The planet Saturn (magnitude +0.2) and the bright bluish star Regulus (magnitude +1.4) will form a broad triangle with the moon’s ruddy disk.

Pegasi1978
      Participant

Azurielle
        Participant

I’m going to try. I always watch them, since I was small child…my mother would wake up us to see…There’s just something special about them, no matter how boring and scientific the description of them.

Keeper of the Fledgings

Jasmine
          Participant

Too freakin’ cold to stand outside long. Plus I’m right in the middle of a major city so the light pollution would make viewing hard. ๐Ÿ™„

Elena
            Participant

I wish I could, but I’ll be running my show. I’ve seen a couple of eclipes and love watching them.

Setsunawolf
              Participant

I might watch part of it. But it’s suppost to be 3 degree tonight. I’d freeze to death if I watched the whole thing ๐Ÿ˜€ Of course then my pretties would be up for grabs ๐Ÿ˜†

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                Sun Dragon Koi #3

Bob

It’s raining and over cast all week in No CA

BipolarBear
                  Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

It’s raining and over cast all week in No CA

same here in so cal.

I would help but I am just to tired to get out of bed today~
                    Engaged to a Weasel

Bob

I hope it brings a TON of OT this time around

I’m not sure I’ll be able to see it…it’s currently snowing like a blizzard here which is shocking…not sure how long it will last.

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

We’ve got fog that refuses to go away, so the likelyhood of us being able to see it is low. Disappointing, I wanted to see it. But who knows, maybe we’ll get lucky and it will clear off soon. Not holding my breath though.

Kyrin

Purplecat
                      Participant

It’s overcast here, but if it clears up I want to watch. ๐Ÿ˜€

darjeb
                        Participant

I thought I would the weather is warm and beautiful in SE FL

I read something else that said the full eclipse was at 10pm ET. Partial elipse starts about 8:45pm ET.

The evening weather will be nice here in Florida. I just hopes it clear skies in my area tonight.

It was supposed to be good here, but it’s all overcast here now, Darn, I love eclipses!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.