fbpx

Logo change?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Logo change?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

Ah, that answers my question as well.

Melody wrote:

Leigha wrote:

So, now that you aren’t going to be based in Hollywood anymore, are you going to change the “Hollywood” to “Corvallis” on the felt pads on the bottom? and on the hang tags? and on anything else that says Hollywood? (moving is so much more work for a company- all the little details!)

We will, but we will have many months worth of inventory that we will be selling from Corvallis with the North Hollywood address, so it won’t be immediate.

It would feel like such a waste (to me) to toss the remaining felt pads and tags.

Do you think you’ll have all the sculptures completed before the move, so you’re only moving finished items ready for shipping?

Hmm, that almost sounds like a vague Rainbow question. πŸ™„ It wasn’t meant to be!

As for leftover pads after the move, I’m willing to bet that any extra Hollywood felt pads would be an easy item to get rid of on it’s own for anyone wishing to replace their own on a sculpture it was messed up on.

Curious, do you cut and stamp them yourselves or do they come pre-cut/stamped for your various sculptures?

~Hoofer

Purplecat
      Participant

I’d just use up the last of the old pads..then change the location on the logo…less muss and fuss. πŸ™‚

purplecat wrote:

I’d just use up the last of the old pads..then change the location on the logo…less muss and fuss. πŸ™‚

AMEN! You have already paid to have them made. *shrugs* Why not use them? 😐

I didn’t notice…Is the Griffin on the logo gonna stay the same? ❓

Purplecat
        Participant

I think it will….it would be too confusing for collectors to change the logo image. πŸ™‚

Jennifer
          Keymaster

Hoofer wrote:

As for leftover pads after the move, I’m willing to bet that any extra Hollywood felt pads would be an easy item to get rid of on it’s own for anyone wishing to replace their own on a sculpture it was messed up on.

Curious, do you cut and stamp them yourselves or do they come pre-cut/stamped for your various sculptures?

~Hoofer

I think this has been asked before… and the answer was that they can’t ship/sell pads by themselves to collectors, because felt pads are one of the best ways to tell a fake from a real Windstone, so they don’t want anyone to have a chance to put a real felt pad on a fake Windstone. I think it’s fairly safe to say that they will use up the remaining Hollywood pads, or dispose of them.

I believe that the felt pads are outsourced, because they are die-cut, and I don’t think Windstone has the facilities to do tool and die making to make the individual dies for these.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Melody
            Keymaster

Hoofer wrote:

Melody wrote:

Leigha wrote:

So, now that you aren’t going to be based in Hollywood anymore, are you going to change the “Hollywood” to “Corvallis” on the felt pads on the bottom? and on the hang tags? and on anything else that says Hollywood? (moving is so much more work for a company- all the little details!)

We will, but we will have many months worth of inventory that we will be selling from Corvallis with the North Hollywood address, so it won’t be immediate.

Quote:

Nah, we guard our pads. That is one thing that is very difficult to fake, so we never let them out of the factory without being stuck to something! The grey stamped pads are another “Knock-off detector” to tell if a piece is real or not. We will just destroy the old ones, probably.

Quote:

It would feel like such a waste (to me) to toss the remaining felt pads and tags.

Yeah, but that can’t be helped. We’d only need to pitch the stamped pads. A lot have not been stamped yet. The hangtags… oh well. Maybe well get rid of those. They are a nuisance anyway.

Quote:

Do you think you’ll have all the sculptures completed before the move, so you’re only moving finished items ready for shipping?

We are doing our best to finish almost everything and box it up nice and neat before the move. We will leave a few things unpainted so that we have something or other left to paint in the new place while the casting dept gets set up again.

Quote:

We have them die-cut to shape and then we stamp them ourselves. Some of the one-of-a kind, or old retired things get hand cut pads because we no longer have pads for them.

~Hoofer

Melody
              Keymaster

starbreeze wrote:

I’d like to know too. Also, will you keep the griffin as your logo symbol or will you use something else? πŸ™‚

Hmmm, hadn’t thought about it, maybe I’ll give him a big smile after the move.

Andrea
                Participant

I just look at the logo more closely. It would be hard to improve on it.
                  How about giving him bat wings! That may be cool!

Jennifer wrote:

I don’t think the logo should be changed- just the location. Windstone has done too much branding with their current logo over the years to change it now, plus it can confuse collectors.

I agree with this 100%… location only. Windstonne griffin logo is too much of a staple (well known).

Even with just location changed, like emerald said, the Hollywood ones may just become more valuable after a time.

Kujacker
                  Participant

imo, I don’t think a move gives reason to change everything. Would you a buy a new car just because you moved down the street? Probably not. I think the gryphon logo should stay the same. There is no point in changing something that doesn’t need changing (“if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”?).

Starbreeze
                    Participant

If you decide to get rid of the hang tags, it’s fine by me!!! I prefer that they don’t show when I’m displaying my sculpts and it’s hard to cram them under the smaller sculpts like the curls and the griffin chicks!! πŸ™‚

Maria
                      Participant

Ditto on the hang tags. They especially get on the way on the smaller pieces.

Purplecat
                        Participant

Yeah….the hangtags are a bit cumbersome at times…I think getting rid of those would be a good thing. πŸ™‚

I wouldn’t miss the hang tags either. πŸ˜‰

Bred egg*Bred Egg 2*Blue

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.