fbpx

Latest snow storm….

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Latest snow storm….

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Bob

I would LOVE to go play in the snow but I do not know if I would EVER want to live in it again. Too much work and in January 2006 when I had to go to Denver I was scared to be in a car driving much less try to drive in it myself

Elena
      Participant

you have snow!*sigh* I wish we got snow like that.

Good for your family for helping out the neighbors!

Here we have a “Snow Angels” program to encourage people to help out. It’s a way for the neighbors to say thanks for helping out. Does anyone else have a similar program in their area?

twindragonsmum wrote:

I think snow is pretty, too! Today there was this really neat effect happening that I couldn’t catch on camera 👿 The moisture was freezing out of the air; no clouds, bright sunshine and so the air sparkled. No other way to describe it! It was like being in the middle of a snow globe filled with irridescent glitter. The top layer of snow reflected glints of blue, violet, red, green, orange, teal, pink and aqua. It was gorgeous! It’s also cold enough that when the snow does fall you can still see the individual snowflakes sitting on top of each other for days at a time until it warms up enough to melt things slightly.

twindragonsmum

I know exactly what you mean. Yesterday was warm, today we have an artic air mass. Even though it’s only -15 it feels like -35. But, today the sun was shinning, and the snow was doing that sparkly shinny thing that you can never catch on camera. I was just going to say at least it stopped snowing…. I turned my head to look out the window and there’s great big flakes going past. Yea more snow! 😀

Oh, and I love your pictures. So pretty. (Nice to get pictures without a bunch of wires going through the shot. lol)

twindragonsmum
        Participant

We had wispy clouds today probably more tomorrow and we’re supposed to get dumped on again starting Friday 😯 We don’t have a ‘Snow Angels’ program here, ‘tho I think that’s a great idea! We just live in an itty bitty community and everyone looks out for each other. It’s awsome! We have 3 stop lights in town, a one screen movie theatre run by our neighbors that has free matinees on Saturday afternoons in the winter and a geyser behind the historic Enders Hotel. One of these days I’ll post a pic of the geyser. In the winter it looks like a wedding cake. We’ve lived here almost 2 years and love it!

twindragonsmum 😀

tdm

Bob

I’m glad some love it but I do not think I could live in a state that is land locked. Even if I NEVER get to the Ocean like lately I have to know it’s right there

BDW
            Participant

Oh WOW twindragons. You have a beautiful view. I miss the view of our hills. I don’t see them from where I live now but before when I used to live alone I was facing our hills and what a view!
              Very nice pictures.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.