fbpx

Latest snow storm….

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Latest snow storm….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

We had so much snow and wind blowing steadily at 35 mph that our bishop canceled all church services on Sunday. We had a little space of time to start shoveling out before the next part of the blast hit. Our family helped dig out our elderly neighbors then worked on our house. Here are pics… πŸ˜€

Shoveling the drive…

Front Yard…

Back Yard…

My hubby and I hiked the hill behind the house yesterday; well, waded would be a better way to describe it πŸ˜€ Snow was above my knees (I’m 5’10”) We found where the deer bed down for the night, tracks where a fox chased a rabbit and the rabbit got away, found the rabbit burrow that the fox tried to dig up and almost missed the tracks made by the field mice. Didn’t get any of those pics ’cause I’d left the camera at the house… but it was neat to see!

twindragonsmum

tdm

twindragonsmum
      Participant

tdm

Pegasi1978
        Participant

😯 While I miss snow from the few years I lived in Tulsa, OK, I don’t miss the cold. This has been the craziest winter for me in Coastal Georgia. Today the high was 62. Tommorow the high is supposed to be 45.

dragonmedley
          Participant

Hey, this looks like our place! Except the stupid sun refuses to show its face here.

Snow is so beautiful!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

twindragonsmum
            Participant

I think snow is pretty, too! Today there was this really neat effect happening that I couldn’t catch on camera πŸ‘Ώ The moisture was freezing out of the air; no clouds, bright sunshine and so the air sparkled. No other way to describe it! It was like being in the middle of a snow globe filled with irridescent glitter. The top layer of snow reflected glints of blue, violet, red, green, orange, teal, pink and aqua. It was gorgeous! It’s also cold enough that when the snow does fall you can still see the individual snowflakes sitting on top of each other for days at a time until it warms up enough to melt things slightly. The boys have about exhausted our kool-aid supply making ‘slushies’ πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

twindragonsmum

tdm

frozendragon
              Participant

so pretty….I need to get the Uhaul for the Windstones ready….LOL

twindragonsmum
                Participant

Ready and waiting… We can always use an extra shoveler! πŸ˜†

twindragonsmum

tdm

Skigod377
                  Participant

God I am so jealous but at the same time, not.

WOW!!
                    I wish i snowed where i live!

lamortefille
                    Participant

It’s beautiful: -) How cool to see the animal tracks and the glittery air and snow! Just the same, I’m glad I’m not there. Brrrr!

Adaneth
                      Participant

Gorgeous photos! πŸ˜€ Thanks for sharing…I can never get enough of snow, never. πŸ˜†

Jennifer
                        Keymaster

Beautiful! We have a lot of snow here too, and our high today is a balmy 12Β°F! πŸ˜†

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                          My art: featherdust.com

Purplecat
                          Participant

What beautiful snow!!! 😯 πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

I love snow – we haven’t gotten a good storm in NJ in a long time.

My sister, who lives in Maine, just sent an email that they have 3 feet of snow on the ground. They keep getting 8-12″ storms that dump on existing snow. Talk about a winter wonderland!

Jasmine
                            Participant

We were supposed to get a huge storm yesterday but we didn’t get more hardly any…it’s -13Β°C today. I’m so glad I don’t have to go out this week. Then they say that this weekend is going to be +10Β°C. That is just going to make for a huge mess with snow turning to slush.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.