LAST CALL! Swap time, everyone

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps LAST CALL! Swap time, everyone

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

Let’s do a PYO swap!

I’ve edited the dates, but the sign up dates remain the same.

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU SIGN UP! It’s long, but pretty much exhaustive.

We don’t have a “due date”, but a “ship date”, meaning everyone will be mailing their painted piece on this date. Yes, we’ll have a whole bunch of pictures coming up all at once, but this will avoid people falling short (it’s happened in the past).

Edit: the ship date is November 30 – I will revisit all the other dates.

Prior to this date, so on November 21st, I will send out a message to everyone, asking if the piece is ready. You will need to respond, with a picture of your piece, before November 25th. If you do not send a response by that date, you will be considered out of the swap. In all, that’ll be a lot of time to order and paint your piece.

Once the response is received, you will be sent the address of the person for whom you painted. That’s right! Once the names are picked out of the hat, at first, you will only get the name and color scheme of your swapee. That way, no one will mail out ahead of time and create confusion.

If people do not respond, I’ll reshuffle – hence the picture of the piece. I’ll match the existing pieces as best as I can. Hopefully, I won’t need to do it at all.

TO SIGN UP: you need to email me at:
      dragonmedley@myfirehawk.ca
      No PMs, please. It will make things much easier to manage. I’ll confirm that I got the email as soon as I can. Please bear in mind that I won’t be home this long weekend; I’ll try to respond to any email, but the cellular signal at my in-laws’ sucks.

The sign-up is open from September 2 to September 20. On the 21st, I’ll draw the names and email them to you.

MAKE SURE YOUR FORUM NAME IS THE FIRST THING IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
      Example: Forum Name – PYO swap

We will need the following information:
      1. Your full name and address
      2. Indicate if you cannot ship worldwide.
      3. What you want. For example, colors or theme, the sculpt, if you have a preference. If you want a Muse, indicate it. Otherwise, we’ve agreed that the Muse will not be used. The unicorns are out of stock in the store, but some people do have some on hand; therefore, if you want, you can request one, but do indicated in second choice just in case. At any rate, I would also recommend that you indicate your first choice of sculpt and another one, just in case the store runs out of any of the sculpts.

A few more rules to remember:
      • You are responsible for buying a blank PYO and mailing it. In return, you will receive a painted piece.
      • The person for whom you’re painting will more than likely not be painting for you. This in not an outright trade, but more like a “secret Santa” exchange.
      • If you’re shipping outside your country, make the value 10$; otherwise, the person will probably have to pay duties, even if you indicate that the package is a gift.
      • We’ll have a big enough group, so it’s possible to accommodate everyone. So, if you’re allergic to painting griffins, say it. Same if you only want to paint a unicorn. However, don’t ask to have so-and-so paint your piece! This will be totally random. I will refer back to the previous swaps so you won’t be painting for the same person again (if you’ve participated before), but otherwise, what comes out of the hat is it.
      • It may be redundant, but make sure you double-box the piece when you send it.
      • Don’t forget to sign the felt pad!
      • Last but not least, do not post pictures, not even in your gallery, before the person gets the piece. When you receive your piece, please acknowledge it right away in the thread (I’ll create one separately from the sign-up thread). If you can, post pictures. If you can’t, mention it, and the person who painted it will more than probably be happy to post pictures.

And last but not least, everyone is welcome! Don’t be shy – if you want to participate, please do. I cherish all of my swap pieces and 2 of them were from first time painters – they were painted for me and fit right at home with the others, including the one by Melody!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Rachel
      Participant

Woo! *counts pennies for blank piece*

Hannah
        Participant

Oh dear me. I will have to think about if I can do this or not.. I’m backed up ’til mid October as it is 🙁

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
          Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

kitsunelady
          Participant

I love doing the swaps. =D *emails*

Kalandra
            Participant

This would be my first time participating in a swap… sounds fun, I cant wait!

Kalandra

littleironhorse
              Participant

Well, I’ve never painted anything, but I’ll give it my very best try! And I’ve got 3 pieces to have a go at it, one of those 3 ought to be swapable! S)

littleironhorse
                Participant

Okay, emotionally, I may not be quite ready to start yet… But materially, I’m gettin’ there!

My brand spankin’ new work station, never even used :bigsmile:

P1010003

siberakh1
                  Participant

As always, I’m always in! Haven’t missed a swap yet, don’t plan on it now! I love these things! I’ll have to come up with what to put down (probably the same description and wide variety of ideas I always put out there :P, because I’m game for so many different ideas/themes!).

Just going to be an interesting schedule with starting a new IT job (yes, again) and training out of town for a I think 4 weeks in the Boston area, and 2 weeks I think in Santa Clara/San Francisco, CA! Thankfully, I’ll get to work from home once I’m done with training! I will manage though and get one done, even if it means painting in a hotel room! *lol*

littleironhorse – That looks like quite a nice set up! I sit on the floor and paint on a box or foot locker/trunk half the time!

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

Oh man. I’d love to participate, but things have just been so crazy for me since I moved out of my parents house mid-July so I don’t know if I can or not. At least I have some time to think on it. :/

pegasus4240
                      Participant

I just sent my info. Can’t wait. I love swaps. 🙂

-- Angie

dragonmedley
                        Participant

Love the work area, Littleironhorse!

I’m getting emeils, but I’ll only respond once I’m back home and can input everyone’s info in my totally awesome spreadsheet.

Azurielle
                          Participant

I entered. Painting for others is about the only way it happens for me anymore. I’m just no good at painting for me!

Keeper of the Fledgings

Kujacker
                            Participant

I haven’t missed a swap yet… so of course I’ll enter. I sure hope I won’t be rushed with it, though. Time has been tight for me.

dragonmedley
                              Participant

I hope you’ll be able to squeeze in some time!

dragonmedley
                                Participant

I’m going to bump this periodically to make sure the topic remains in the active list. I don’t want anyone to miss out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 152 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.