fbpx

Laërtês

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

I’m afraid it’ll be quite a while before I do anything to match Praxithea. But Mom’s green-eyed griff was so sad and dejected in his dark little box, so I gave him a good 40 hours and a design from Nature’s Trogonoptera butterflies.

Laërtês was one of the famous Argonauts and the king of Ithaca. His name fits this guy. It was an adventuresome color scheme and I think I slipped up royally with it. I started with the wings and body, and then went on up the neck and head. He grows on me little by little, but he’s not my best work.

Please tell me what you think.
      I’ll list him on E-Bay either Saturday or Sunday, together with the butterfly picture for reference. I just someone likes him enough to give me back my money on him. I need his spot for the Spectral from BT.
      UPDATE: He’s now up for sale.

Maria
      Participant

Skigod377
        Participant

I was thinking he was your best work. Maybe its the colors I am liking. 🙂 Very nice, and those butterflys are beautiful, too.

Maria
          Participant

Really? That’s a picker-upper!
            I just noticed the pictures are crap. I’ll have to take some new ones for the auction.

lamortefille
            Participant

I like him a lot, too. He reminds me of the bourke parakeet griff I’ve been working on for months now. lol Seeing yours gives me hope that odd color variations can indeed work on a finished piece. I think yours should do well on eBay: -)

Maria
              Participant

I must admit I’m as even more surprised at your compliment for him than I was for Prax. I thought he looked horrible!

Starbreeze
                Participant

Beautiful, GB!!! I love those colors!!! 😀

lamortefille
                  Participant

Well, I meant “odd” in a good way, I hope ya know.:wink: lol I love birds and butterflies and the beautiful/endless combinations they come in.

Maria
                    Participant

I was insulting him with worse than “odd,” lamorte! 😆 The poor guy just has a hard time appealing to me. But he does look like a parakeet, now that you mention it. And I love butterflies too – I’ll probably just try a scheme next time that’s a little more cohesive. Maybe like this:

Starbreeze
                      Participant

Those are beautiful colors. I can’t wait to see it.

Maria
                        Participant

First comes yours. 😉

Starbreeze
                          Participant

Yay!!!! 😆

I have to be honest, I don’t like this color scheme very much. There are a lot of bold colors juxtaposed, and it gives me the impression that the griffin is composed of disparate parts instead of being one harmonious whole. One of the reasons I liked the Praxithea color scheme so much was because it was so harmonious.

Just my 2 cents… 🙂

frozendragon
                            Participant

well….it definitely has bug colors going on….

I think I had all those colors on my windshield when I came home from Dallas on Saturday…

I think it’s pretty cool though…but I want to see different pictures…

Starbreeze
                              Participant

colors from smooshed bugs….ewwwwwww…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.