fbpx

Kinda worried.

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Kinda worried.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Purplecat
    Participant

It’s not really the seller’s fault. Someone basically stole their identity to get us to send money.

Krimsen
      Participant

Truly sorry this happened to you πŸ™ , at least others will now be aware that Windstone items are being targeted for this scam.

SPark
        Participant

There are a lot of other scams out there too. And like this one, most of them can get you if you’re not aware they exist.

People need to be suspicious of anything on the internet. It’s too easy to pretent to be something or somebody that you’re not on line. I could set up a web page and a shopping cart that would make me look like a Windstone dealer, for example, and take payments and never ship anything out. That’s just the first thing I thought of without even trying. Criminals are even better at coming up with scams.

You can find a TON of info about various internet scams at snopes: http://www.snopes.com/fraud/fraud.asp I highy suggest at least skimming every article in that area, especially the ones marked “true.”

Snopes is also a good site for debunking alarmist things you get via e-mail. Stuff like those “gangsters will get into your car at a gas station and murder you, oh no, never buy gas again!” e-mails that go around warning you about things that may or may not be real.

Nina
          Participant

I’m sorry you got scamed. I don’t know if it will help at all now but if you get an e-mail that looks fake you can forward it to spoof@ebay.com you might still contact e-bay anyway just to see if they can help at all. Let me know if you don’t find a white male. I still have mine don’t really want to sale but I’m running out of room.

Can you put a Western Union on a credit card? I’ve used them once…To pay my late phonebill that fell between the seats of my car. I was so embarrassed it was late. But, I never paid attention as to wether or not you could pay by credit card. πŸ˜•

SPark
            Participant

It’s quite possible that you can’t, now that I think about it.

Anonymous

You can buy WU on a credit card but it has to be sent a minimum of something like 250 miles away to avoid localized fraud (like stealing a credit card then using it to send yourself money across town).

Purplecat
                Participant

Purplekitty has a response for ebay scamming bad-guys!!!!

LOL That is a cute pic Purplecat!!! I saw one with a gun once too…Sniper Kitty! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

hehe, good pic.

Skigod377
                  Participant

I have missed this one, but that Ebay name is a fake. Its a copy from Isoldit. He sells lots of Windstones and is just using a reputable guys name to swindle people. Also, if you buy Western Union w/ a credit card, you cant dispute it because there was nothing wrong with what you bought. What you bought the MO for has nothing to do with it. Sorry πŸ™ Someone may have already stated this. And never send cash.. that is just asking for it. πŸ™

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.