fbpx

Just wondering…

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Just wondering…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Stormbreeze
    Participant

Is there anything else on the way? Trover dragons, perhaps? 😀

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Melody
      Keymaster

We’ve got a batch of baby poads cast but we don’t have any eyes in the size they need
        yet, so I am waiting for that to happen.
        Soon as somebody has a free hand we’ll paint some bat eared foxes.
        Blue Morpho Oriental dragons, and Sun and Moon dragons are coming soon.

We’ve got a large number of standing kirins cast. The problem is the way the feet are shaped.We can’t put pads on them, so I am not sure what to do. Little tiny pads would fit, but there is no room for a stamp, and signing them would be hard.

Hoarder dragons are still waiting patiently to be painted.

I am trying to come up with new unicorn colors. I think plain snow white with silver horn and chain, and blue eyes. These are plain vanilla, but they are pretty and look different enough from the off-white color of the old “white” unicorns to be a new color.
        I might try them in jet black with silver chain and horn too.

I test painted a few blue roan unicorns, but they look an awful lot like the “grulla” color.Maybe too close, though they would have silver horns.

I am test painting “Autumn leaf” again for the dragons. I would like to do that as a limited production color.

Melody
        Keymaster

I think he would make a nice artist’s edition… what is he doing? Sitting, Standing, lying down?

I’m thinking pyo. He’s lying on a base with his long tail stretching out, like the logo.

Melody
          Keymaster

…what’s next on that marvelous drawing board you call a brain?

tdm *scratches head in puzzlement *

Uh, not much really… got a couple new foxes, since those seem to be popular at the moment.
            I am poking around on a “Snerl” sculpture , probably a pyo.
            I’ve still got a bunch of stuff in process that I need to finish: the two oriental pyos, the shorthaired flapcat, the lion kirin ( been in the works about 8 years) and some other stuff…

I’ve been painting instead.

May I assume that those new foxes are, perhaps, bat eared?

BTW, what’s a Snerl?

These are small sitting foxes. A grey fox and another red fox.

Landipan
            Participant

Are they pebble sized as well? Either way, I am excited! Sitting foxes sound so adorable!

*Formerly meowmix101
              Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Kim
              Blocked

Oooh, if you did autumn leaf as a limited production colour on all the dragons similar to the curlies that just out, that would be awesome! I think autumn leaf dragons coming out soon for this fall would look so good!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Stormbreeze
                Participant

I agree! Autumn Leaf is a great color.

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Lokie
                  Participant

These are small sitting foxes. A grey fox and another red fox.

I’m intrigued! Any photos?

BTW, your Kitsune PYO is ADORABLE! I can’t wait to paint mine (and buy more)!

LadyFirebird
                    Participant

I would be interested in getting a bat eared fox; that is, if you can fit it into your already busy schedule. 🙂

Prezaurian
                      Participant

We’ve got a batch of baby poads cast but we don’t have any eyes in the size they need

We’ve got a large number of standing kirins cast. The problem is the way the feet are shaped.We can’t put pads on them, so I am not sure what to do. Little tiny pads would fit, but there is no room for a stamp, and signing them would be hard.

I am trying to come up with new unicorn colors. I think plain snow white with silver horn and chain, and blue eyes. These are plain vanilla, but they are pretty and look different enough from the off-white color of the old “white” unicorns to be a new color.

I test painted a few blue roan unicorns, but they look an awful lot like the “grulla” color.Maybe too close, though they would have silver horns.

I am test painting “Autumn leaf” again for the dragons. I would like to do that as a limited production color.

For the standing kirins, maybe instead of a pad…something like rubber paint for just the bottom of their feet? Just a suggestion. I have no idea of the validity of it though.

As for unicorn colors. What about dark rose pink with black mane and tail? Dark pink with black is a nice color combo.

Melody
                        Keymaster

I would be interested in getting a bat eared fox; that is, if you can fit it into your already busy schedule. 🙂

I am going to have one of our production painters do them. Bat eared foxes don’t have any color morphs I am aware of, so I was going to do them as a regular batch- all the same.

Melody
                          Keymaster

For the standing kirins, maybe instead of a pad…something like rubber paint for just the bottom of their feet? Just a suggestion. I have no idea of the validity of it though.

As for unicorn colors. What about dark rose pink with black mane and tail? Dark pink with black is a nice color combo.

I guess I am going to paint the standing kirins and either have tiny pads on the feet or no pads.
                            Maybe this isn’t an issue because only forum members will buy these. We aren’t selling them to retail stores, so we don’t need the logo stamp. You guys know who we are.
                            The issues with unicorn colors: The mane and tails being a separate distinct color is much more difficult to paint. If the body color and mane/tail color are very different, the manes and tails need to be hand painted with a brush to make them look nice. I got away with airbrushing the m/ts on the Grullas, because the body color was similar, so a little overspray didn’t show too much.
                            A color scheme with a lighter mane and tail is even more difficult. Light paint hand brushed over dark airbrushed paint looks yucky,unless you take a ton of time to do it.This is ok for ebay or special pieces, but not production.
                            White, black, solid purple, and stuff like that, is best.
                            Blue or red roan is a possibility, because roans are splotchy. Pintos are a possibility, though they require some stenciling … appaloosas maybe…

Linda
                            Participant

I would really love the Hoarder Dragon to come out.

ROSE
                              Participant

I would love a blue morpho pegasus.

Samwise
                                Participant

Looking forward to what’s coming. Snerl would be awesome! I’ve spied a drawing of a scratching snerl; super cute!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.