fbpx

Just a WARNING!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Just a WARNING!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Arlla
    Participant

Huh…I was just looking at the auctions, and the high bidder for every single one has their ID kept private…herm…..

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
      -J R R Tolkien

Akeyla
      Participant

sunhawk wrote:

Akeyla wrote:

z

usually if you give a feedback its a one time hit the entry and thats it. Yes, I have also already slipped and given someone a feedback that like… stopped mid-sentence. This case looks like a very, very unlucky slip. I doubt it was purpose. ebay seriously needs to change that.

But it makes me curious, what kind of sentence starts with z??

“zut alors, quelle escroquerie extorsion!” (holy mackeral, what a rip-off!)

“zoo is where this bad man belongs, BAD SELLER!!”

“ze item was great!”

and so forth :3

*g*
        zut alors *g*

I guess it was no sentence at all. could be an unlucky drop of an item over the keyboard, the cat typing(our cat is known to delete datas) or pure absentmindedness. Now, if I did not have the erase key I could show you tons of typos and slippos I’ve made 😉
        coincidence is very creative 😉

lamortefille
        Participant

sunhawk wrote:

But it makes me curious, what kind of sentence starts with z??

“zut alors, quelle escroquerie extorsion!” (holy mackeral, what a rip-off!)

“zoo is where this bad man belongs, BAD SELLER!!”

“ze item was great!”

and so forth :3

Thanks for the laugh! 😆

Arlla wrote:

Huh…I was just looking at the auctions, and the high bidder for every single one has their ID kept private…herm…..

I think the auction is set up that way, so that the ID of everyone who bids is kept private…

Skigod377
          Participant

Yes, another reason the auction is suspect. Crooks do that so people cannot warn bidders off their auctions.

Ahhh…I’d always wondered what the motivation was behind doing that…I mean, I could understand if they did it on auctions for sex toys or something…

Skigod377
            Participant

If there are other reasons for keeping bidders IDs private, (Besides the 2 mentioned) I dont know what they are.

Well, one thing did occur to me — it might be good for the seller in situations like we have here…where people who know each other are likely to bid on the same item, and might refrain from bidding if they saw that a friend had already bid on that item…

Bob

mimitrek wrote:

Well, one thing did occur to me — it might be good for the seller in situations like we have here…where people who know each other are likely to bid on the same item, and might refrain from bidding if they saw that a friend had already bid on that item…

Very good point

WolfenMachine
                Participant

mimitrek wrote:

Now that’s a REALLY good reason! I can think of one auction I’d love to bid on right now…but I know the other bidder and I cant bring myself to out bid her 🙁 I think we’ve all been there, even for a moment hehe

Skigod377
                  Participant

Thats a good reason! Though it still does not negate the fact that he does not have original pics and almost no feedback. He/she could be perfectly legit, but all those factors added together is too much for me.

Bob

I know I do not trust this person

Lokie
                      Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Thats a good reason! Though it still does not negate the fact that he does not have original pics and almost no feedback. He/she could be perfectly legit, but all those factors added together is too much for me.

Yes, I don’t think he should be trusted unless people actually contact him directly and see his Windstones in pictures.

Look at the auction the person who gave the “z” feedback won (This “z” person also has 2 negative feedback, one claiming a “scam”). It’s for a cellphone, but look at the bidding history. Only one legit person bidded on it for 42.00, the rest were from people with 0 or 1 feedback and one who was “not a registared user” (I think that was what was next to their name) who drove the price up to 200.00 to meet but not beat this “z” person’s bid.

I wonder if that auction also started private so legit bidders couldn’t see that the seller was intentionally jacking up the price of the item by having nonlegit “buyers” bid. Looks like no one fell for it though. I’m guessing that’s what could be happening in these Windstone auctions.

I could be wrong, but it is better safe than sorry and if the seller is honest, he won’t mind responding with pictures to an email.

Skigod377
                        Participant

I agree with you. Lots of sellers will create accounts just to jack up prices, or they will have friends bid for them.

Arlla wrote:

DUDE. Next time I leave feedback, I am SO saying “ze item was great!”

…you think I’m joking, don’t you…

DO IT.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.