Job Search…. update (probably last) pg 9.

Home Forums Miscellany Community Job Search…. update (probably last) pg 9.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 142 total)
  • Author

dragonmedley wrote:

If they’re frowning on you needing time off, then most def go to that other interview! To me, this doesn’t bode well…

This only works if they call me back when I can actually answer……….. they called back at 11:48…. when I was on the floor. I’m not allowed my cell on the floor, because I could contaminate samples/get raw meat in my phone. Nothing like a brooding colony of E.coli on my cell phone….

megamibabe16
    Participant

That certainly would not be fun.

Well, it turns out that this place will offer more then the other. I haven’t had an official interview yet (I called on my lunch, lol), but he asked what I was getting paid – and when I did, he laughed – LAUGHED – and then told me that they’d “definitely be able to make a better offer”. So I’m hoping that means that it’s a much better offer, and he thinks this place is nuts paying me only $13/hour.

He also asked if I applied to that company before, and I said I didn’t think so, but would look into it (because if I applied for the position and was turned down, the application ends there, period). Well I haven’t applied for THAT position… but I have applied to the company… in December I applied to their Atlantic division. Hopefully since it’s a different division they’ll ignore that part, since in all likelihood, the Atlantic one didn’t call me because they found candidates that actually were in the Atlantic, and who would not need to move (especially cross country).

*crossing fingers* I’m really starting to hate the lack of trust they are giving me. If I wanted $13/hour, I could go back to my immigration job and not deal with the crap at this one. πŸ™„ But it’s experience! Augh!

LadyFirebird
      Participant

In this day and age there is no such thing as company loyalty! If this current company would benefit from laying you off right now they’d do it no matter how hard you worked for them! If the other company will pay you more and you’ll be happy with them I say go for it. I’ve seen people who were ‘loyal’ to their company and deicated to their jobs for 20 years plus and just got shoved out the door like they were a piece of poo! So I can sum up my feeling of company loyalty with just one finger! 😑 πŸ˜†

bayoudragon
        Participant

LOL @ Lady’s last comment! XD

I made 10 years in January. Know what I got? I got invited to the Commission meeting. It sounds good, but ANYONE can attend these meetings. They’re open to the public. Thanks… I feel so honored. 😈

Maria
          Participant

Keep us posted, Dragon87! I’m finding your odyssey rather encouraging, actually.

Bob

I’ve seen it happen here too so make the best choice for you
              It does not seem like you got turned down for the other position anyway they just found someone in the area was all not an actual turn down, at least that is how I read it
              GOOD LUCK!!!

Katherine
              Participant

I would like 13 dollars an hour. 😳 That’s what I need to pay daycare, and it is hard to find that, even with my degree. πŸ™

eaglefeather831 wrote:

I would like 13 dollars an hour. 😳 That’s what I need to pay daycare, and it is hard to find that, even with my degree. πŸ™

I dont think people realize how much we loose to taxes in a year in Canada.

My last pay stub was $1491.50 plus $190.00 (LOA) from that I lost $415.81, thats for 2 weeks, thats about 1/4 of my total pay cheque. I make $19 an hour to do my job, but add to that that I live in the most expensive place to buy a home in Alberta and that we are the end of the road, thus things are more expensive, because the trucks have to go back empty. Average cost for childcare is $50 a day, fuel is still at 99.9/liter, its all added costs. So while Dragons $13 sounds great, and my $19 even better please do remember that we do live some very very expensive places, I dont know what the average house costs where you live but here its $600,000.00, thats an average 3 bedroom house, and any of the new ones are on tiny tiny yards.

dragonmedley
                Participant

Yup, that’s true! In general, I could deduct about 40% of my income in order to get to the clear income.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

And not to mention that with a guaranteed $300/month for my testing supplies and needles, and about $600 I think every 2 months for my 24hour insulin (which without a guaranteed scheduled break – I need to stop me from crashing on a regular basis), plus $1100 rent, plus food, etc… I figured it out, and even without taxes, I’d be living off of $300/month or so for food/gas/anything else I’d need. I’ll probably loose a chunk of that to taxes, sadly.

Without the diabetic stuff, I’d probably be fine with $13/hour. I was fine with it when my stuff was still covered.

But if I could eaglefeather, I’d totally give you my $13/hour job.

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

My best wishes for you! I have found a lot of very creative ways to stretch money. I won’t tell you the abysmal amount I made last year (I just did my taxes). πŸ˜‰ Let’s just say that all calculated I made less than $2/hr.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

Katherine
                    Participant

ruffian wrote:

eaglefeather831 wrote:

I dont think people realize how much we loose to taxes in a year in Canada.

My last pay stub was $1491.50 plus $190.00 (LOA) from that I lost $415.81, thats for 2 weeks, thats about 1/4 of my total pay cheque. I make $19 an hour to do my job, but add to that that I live in the most expensive place to buy a home in Alberta and that we are the end of the road, thus things are more expensive, because the trucks have to go back empty. Average cost for childcare is $50 a day, fuel is still at 99.9/liter, its all added costs. So while Dragons $13 sounds great, and my $19 even better please do remember that we do live some very very expensive places, I dont know what the average house costs where you live but here its $600,000.00, thats an average 3 bedroom house, and any of the new ones are on tiny tiny yards.Oh wow! I didn’t realize that it was that expensive! Thank you for letting me know. πŸ™‚

Katherine
                      Participant

Dragon87 wrote:

And not to mention that with a guaranteed $300/month for my testing supplies and needles, and about $600 I think every 2 months for my 24hour insulin (which without a guaranteed scheduled break – I need to stop me from crashing on a regular basis), plus $1100 rent, plus food, etc… I figured it out, and even without taxes, I’d be living off of $300/month or so for food/gas/anything else I’d need. I’ll probably loose a chunk of that to taxes, sadly.

Without the diabetic stuff, I’d probably be fine with $13/hour. I was fine with it when my stuff was still covered.

But if I could eaglefeather, I’d totally give you my $13/hour job.

You are too sweet. I am very happy for you, and that this job will probably pay you more (I hope you get it) but since I have been looking for a job for so long, I kept on reading the posts and thinking, I want that too!! πŸ™‚ You are too sweet, but I didn’t mean to make you feel bad in any way. 😳

Katherine
                        Participant

Jennifer wrote:

My best wishes for you! I have found a lot of very creative ways to stretch money. I won’t tell you the abysmal amount I made last year (I just did my taxes). πŸ˜‰ Let’s just say that all calculated I made less than $2/hr.

I do often wonder why you don’t make more Jennifer. I always feel bad that you are struggling. πŸ™

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 142 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.