Job Search…. update (probably last) pg 9.

Home Forums Miscellany Community Job Search…. update (probably last) pg 9.

Viewing 7 posts - 136 through 142 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    LadyFirebird
    Participant

Sorry Dragon87 that you didn’t get that job. πŸ™ I was really hoping you would—so nice to see that someone got 2 job offers!! At least they emailed you and let you know. I interviewed for a job the beginning of this month–sent an after interview letter and even emailed them as to status and nothing! I understand that there are so many people looking but when you’ve met someone face to face and talked with them, I feel at least give them the courtesy of letting them know whether they’re in or not.

The bright side is that you currently do have a job. What hurts me most with this economy and being laid off is that I can’t help my friends. I can be there for them but I can’t help them in a monetary way. So maybe something else will come your way…something better. People keep telling me this but I have a hard time believing it–but it sure sounds good! πŸ™‚

ruffian wrote:

Move here!!
      πŸ˜†

πŸ˜† Ruffian! I need to find out where Colin’s going before I want to attempt a move.

Greater Basilisk wrote:

May I ask – was the rejection a form letter or was there a specific reason they decided against you?

The rejection letter said, “Although you have tremendous qualifications, you are not quite what we are looking for”. So it’s probably that I was willing to quit this job so soon after getting it. Doesn’t bode well. πŸ˜• But if I had tremendous qualifications, I should’ve at least gotten to the interview…. *mutters*.

But yes, at least I have a job…. however gross and crappy it is. I think I pulled a muscle slipping on some beef blood the other day…. ouch and yick at the same time. :puke: Right now I’m happy I even have an income. Because something is better then nothing. And MAYBE my plan in 3 months will at least partially cover my lantus insulin!!! I can hope for that!

At least the people at work are starting to accept and trust me now. Maybe they just decided that I wasn’t just gonna up and quit on them (if only they knew…. πŸ˜† )

Maria
      Participant

You’re good about seeing the silver lining. πŸ˜€

darjeb
        Participant

Sorry you didn’t get the job but hopefully another one that is better will come along soon

Dragon87 wrote:

ruffian wrote:

Move here!!
          πŸ˜†

πŸ˜† Ruffian! I need to find out where Colin’s going before I want to attempt a move.
          [/]

And what does he do?

ruffian wrote:

Dragon87 wrote:

ruffian wrote:

Move here!!
          πŸ˜†

[/]

And what does he do?
          He’s finishing his math major in Education in April. Job market’s tough for him, I go where he goes, in this case. So I’m looking in Edmonton to tide me over till then.

Bob

Good luck no matter what you decide

Viewing 7 posts - 136 through 142 (of 142 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.