fbpx

Job Search…. update (probably last) pg 9.

Home Forums Miscellany Community Job Search…. update (probably last) pg 9.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 142 total)
  • Author

All I’ll say on this matter is… it doesn’t matter how safely I’m driving. If everyone else is still driving like bats out of hell and braking without warning, I still go in the ditch!

(which is exactly what happened.)

A semi decided to stop in front of me, and since his lights were covered, I didn’t see it at first. I tried to switch lanes to get out of the way but started swerving, and since I’m front-wheel drive, my corrections weren’t going all that well and I ended up in the ditch.

I’m okay, and the car is still definitely drivable, but I needed some guys to help pull me out! They’re my new heroes. Apparently I was #5 today for them.

And my interview is now Monday. So I’ll update then, okay?

machineguts
    Participant

Oh man! ๐Ÿ™ I’m sorry to hear that… I can only imagine how frustrated you must have felt! I’m just glad that you are safe, and nothing serious happened! *Hugs tight*

Well I am glad you are ok, it does suck, but thank goodness someone was there to help pull you out!!

As for driving I know what you mean, I had a friend leaving from here (5 hours north of dragons FWIW) who was taking her pup to Edmonton to be spayed and had to turn around because of the storm!!

Maria
      Participant

Oh no! I’m glad you and the car are okay though, Dragon87, and that you could reschedule the interview. Better luck again today.

machineguts
        Participant

Yes good luck on the interview today Dragon87!

Well, I had the interview! I just got back about 10mins ago. I think it went well.

If I get hired, I’ll be the first woman working in their technical lab department! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I think that could go either way, an advantage (they want equality) or a disadvantage (used to the status quo, not comfortable working with a woman, etc).

I’ll find out tomorrow!!! Here’s to hoping! ๐Ÿ˜€

machineguts
          Participant

Yay! I’m glad the interview went well, Dragon! I’m excited to hear the results too! ๐Ÿ™‚

dragonmedley
            Participant

Well, good luck!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Crimson Vision
              Participant

Fingers crossed for you!!

I guess it’s back to the drawing board for me… ๐Ÿ˜ฅ I’m so upset I thought I’d really done well on this one.

machineguts
                Participant

๐Ÿ™ *Hugs tight* I’m so sorry it didn’t work out, Dragon. Don’t worry, I know it is very hard right now, but I know you will find one! We are all here for you. <3

Katherine
                  Participant

I am sorry-I know exactly how frustrating and saddening that can be. I know the right job is out there for you!!

Maria
                    Participant

I’m sorry, Dragon. *hugs* You’ll find the right job yet.

dragonmedley
                      Participant

Oh, shucks!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

lamortefille
                        Participant

*hugs* I’m sorry to hear that. ๐Ÿ™

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 142 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.