fbpx

It seems this year is still not done with me.

Home Forums Miscellany Community It seems this year is still not done with me.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Rusti
    Participant

You Have Chosen Tears

This one is a tough read, but it’s comparable to the Rainbow Bridge.

I’m sorry you’ve reached this point with your baby. I had to make that choice with my dog a couple of years ago now. It’s always gutwrenching and it will never get easier. I an unsure what your faith is, but I also found comfort in a book called “Heaven is for Real” about a little boy who visits Heaven during a life-threatening hospital visit. He told his Dad about all the animals there, so it seems that they wait for us.

Katherine
      Participant

I am so sorry that you are going through this..it is not easy, and the pain is horrible. I wish it could some how be easier for you and Saber Dog. 🙁 *HUGS*

twindragonsmum
        Participant

Oh Angela, I’m so very sorry – letting them go on is one of the toughest decisions you’ll ever have to make and I’m sorry it’s fallen on you to do so. Many hugs and prayers for you and Saber

beckie
          twindragonsmum

tdm

It’s always tough to see your babies get old and know their time is coming. It’s heartbreaking to see them go downhill… I remember how hard it was for both Pixie and Fluff… and that was years ago (I still cry sometimes thinking about them…).

Rusti that poem made me cry!

You gave your puppy years of love and comfort(and he in return), and I hope those memories keep you warm once he’s gone. (hugs)

bayoudragon
          Participant

Well, Saber is now at rest. I made the decision to call the vet on Monday morning. He just looked so tired and ready. The vet came out this afternoon. It was very peaceful. Painful for me and my husband, but peaceful, and we were able to be with him until the end. The vet even made a plaster cast of his paw, and we are having him cremated.

While I was baptized and confirmed Catholic, I do not consider myself a religious person and do not subscribe to a specific faith anymore. I am however an extremely spiritual person… me and my husband both. We both believe in God, life after death, and that death is only a transition. I know Saber is in a better place, and I’m positive he is walking alongside my grandfather right now (my grandfather was very fond of Saber, even for the short time that they knew each other).

But I’m still having a hard time. It’s extremely quiet now. Saber was a very vocal and demanding dog. He had a variety of barks, whines, and woofs to communicate what he wanted. This condo is so quiet now that it almost feels lonely. I guess the Powers-That-Be really do know what’s best for me (you would think I would know by now to stop questioning how things play out). I’m so glad I haven’t moved yet… because once I move, I’ll be able to leave the lonely behind, and the new place won’t be associated with Saber’s loss.

This one always makes me cry… God and Dog

He was an extremely intelligent dog, confident, and a level-headed alpha. He was also highly independent and down right stubborn at times, but I loved him for it. He never played with toys; he was too aloof… but every now and then we would get a little mischievous and try to engage you in a game of chase. He will be dearly missed. 🙁

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Misty
            Participant

Sorry for the loss of your friend 🙁 HUGS

He had beautiful eyes, surely a reflection of his inner self.

Grayfire_artz
              Participant

*hugs!*

I’m so sorry 🙁 you did the best you could for the poor guy.

Falcolf
                Participant

Rest in peace, beautiful dog 🙁 -hugs-

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Melissa
                  Participant

I’m very sorry for your loss. What a handsome creature!

“The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man’s.” (Mark Twain)

Riversgrace
                    Participant

Sweety, I’m so sorry. I wish I had the words to take away hurt. 🙁 perhaps he will find Tundra and they will play over the rainbow bridge till you and I arrive, keeping each other company.

Shotzy11
                      Participant

I am so sorry. *hugs*

dragonmedley
                        Participant

I’m so sorry! Big hugs.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Starbreeze
                          Participant

I am so very very sorry for your loss. I know how much it hurts, but you did the right thing. I am a firm believer in the rainbow bridge and know I have several fur babies waiting for me. I too have a much loved 14 year old and I know our time together is limited. Know that my heart goes out to you…

Amy
                            Participant

I’m so sorry, hon. Reading about people losing family is enough to make me cry. Innocent lives are the hardest to let go of. I believe wholeheartedly that we’ll all see each other again in heaven someday, and I’m sure Saber will be waiting for you. Until then, treasure the memories. He wouldn’t want you to be sad.

Scathach
                              Participant

I, too, amd very sorry for your loss. He was a regal fellow. Such beautiful and intelligent eyes. He was a great soul, I’m sure.

Thank you for sharing the photos of your friend. He was beautiful.

Thank you for the video, as well. It’s very touching.

Hugs,

Life is beautiful.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.