fbpx

It is lung cancer

Home Forums Miscellany Community It is lung cancer

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    laphon1
    Participant

I am so sorry to hear this. Best wishes for Danny’s full, complete and speedy recovery. **hugs for you all**

Rusti
      Participant

That’s just wrong. I’m very sorry it turned out to be yet another Big Problem.

Wishing you guys the best of luck and a speedy, full recovery for Danny.

Maria
        Participant

I can only wish you the best. I’m sorry you’ve hit another problem.

Awww crap! And I was hoping he was out of the woods!
          I am so sorry you guys keep hitting these bad spots. 🙁 You both deserve a ray of light after the storm that is for sure!
          Many prayers and good thoughts sent your way with tons of *HUGS*.

Laurie
          Participant

I sit her wishing they would tell us they made a mistake and he doesn’t have cancer. I know that wont happen but god I wish it would. We still don’t know what type of cancer it is and they want him to go through chemo since they were not able to get out all of the lung they wanted to. No one from physical therapy has come to help him. I got him out of bed yesterday and up in a chair, changed his bed linen and changed his gown. They are on top of his medication but lacking in everything else. When you call for a nurse no one comes. They’ve been coming in his room all hours of the night to change the trash, stick his finger (he’s not diabetic) and do other stupid crap so he doesn’t get sleep and when I’m there during the day all he can do is nap because he can’t do it at night. His family who wasn’t there for his transplant and have talked to us once maybe twice since is coming out of the wood work wanting to go see him and saying how much they love him. Its pissing me off and I’m having a hard time dealing with my emotions. They are scum and I want to tell them that but Danny says he wants to see if they will actually be there this time or just run off like last time. My mom has been having a mid life crisis since this all started wanting to “mend our relationship” and she doesn’t understand why we hate her. I think she is pissed that she isn’t the center of attention and makes it a point to call me and try and load the “we need to fix our relationship” crap on my plate so I hang up on her. I refuse to deal with her right now. Since I wont talk to her she came over my house while I was at the hospital and my mother in law was here watching Alyssa. She talked with my mother in law about how she doesn’t understand why we hate her blah blah blah. She is going to get it with both guns once things calm down and I can get my head on straight again. Sorry to rant, I’ve been sleep deprived for three days and I’m really not right in the head from it. Hopefully today we will get the pathology reports back and know what kind of cancer we are dealing with and what we need to do next. I just feel like they gave me my husband back only to take him away again.

laphon1
            Participant

Rant all you want hon. You are entitled. And we are here to listen and provide the shoulder(s) to cry on.

dragonmedley
              Participant

laphon1 wrote:

Rant all you want hon. You are entitled. And we are here to listen and provide the shoulder(s) to cry on.

Ditto! If you need someone to call, don’t hesitate to ask. I just wish I lived closer…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Bob

SORRY TO RANT???
                  With eveything you 2 have had to go thru I’m surprised you have not blown a head gasket yet!!
                  That is what THIS family is for
                  we are here for you sweety

Heather
                  Participant

Purpledoggy, I am so sorry for what you’re going through. It sounds like you’re handling all of this with incredible courage and fortitude; you are amazing, lady. Danny is so lucky to have you by his side at a time like this. And here you’ve got lots of people to stand at your side, too. The stress you’re under needs an outlet, so vent away! Who knows? By airing the problems here, we may be able to come up with some solutions.

Regarding your mom: you are absolutely right to set the issue of dealing with her aside. You have every reason in the world to focus on Danny and Alyssa right now. Mom can wait. You can even tell her as much: “Mom, I have to focus on my husband and child during this crisis. We can talk about you and me later. Now isn’t the time.” There really isn’t anything she can say to trump that, if she’s silly enough to try. It’s possible that she’s actually very worried about you and is just picking the worst possible way to approach the subject. Parents. 😕

Hang in there, and for heaven’s sake, take care of you! Be sure to eat and drink, even though you’re worried. If you’re having trouble sleeping, put on your headphones, play your favorite relaxing music, and just drift for a while. Even if you don’t sleep, it’ll still help to just give your mind a break from thinking about unhappy stuff. If you can’t sit still, grab a jump rope and do fifty, a hundred, two hundred; or go for a power walk. Getting your heart rate up will help burn off some of the stress and make it easier to sleep later. Above all, remember to ask for help. You deserve it!

windstonefan
                    Participant

I do not know all you have been through, 🙁 or know you but I am sending all my prayers your way to keep you strong and healthy so that you can help your man once again. May god hold you and guide you through this terrible time once again. I will pray for your husband to feel no pain. An speed his healing too. Y.I.M.P.

windstonefan

Setsunawolf
                      Participant

I am sorry to hear this bad news. Focus on you your husband and daughter and don’t let your mom or anyone else distract you. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                        Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                        Sun Dragon Koi #3

Laurie
                        Participant

Well they clamped off Danny’s chest tube yesterday and if his chest xray looks good they will pull the tube this morning and he will come home this afternoon. The pathology report came back and said no lymph nodes were involved but its not the type of non aggressive cancer they thought it was, its something else. They can’t/won’t tell me anything about it and the only doctor I talked to talked in circles so I finally told him “All your doing is talking in circles your not helping me to understand whats going on at all”. They say we have to wait to talk to an oncologist to find out any information. He has three different teams that are following him and they all come in his room and say something different and its frustrating the hell out of us. Thats where we are right now. Today I have to run around the count to get my officers to sign my fmla paperwork so I can be off the next two weeks to help danny. Today should be a fun filled day of running and stress and it doesn’t help that I’ve been up since 5am.

dragonmedley
                          Participant

The good thing is that he’s coming home. Focus on that for now and let the doctors get their act together. Worry about the type of cancer another day.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Grayfire_artz
                            Participant

all of my best wishes and warm thoughts are with you!!!

Laurie
                              Participant

Danny’s chest tube is out and so is his epidural. He isn’t home yet because now his white cell count is up and hes running fevers. They think he has an infection but don’t know where are they aren’t doing anything about it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.