fbpx

I'm so upset right now. *UPDATE* page 2

Home Forums Miscellany Community I'm so upset right now. *UPDATE* page 2

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Hey, that’s what friends are for. Anytime!

It’ll be okay. With luck the diabetes will be temporary, from what I understand it is rare for it to become permanent, though it does happen, but I suspect that that is due to the person being borderline diabetic in the first place, just my theory.

Anyway, you’ve got a couple months to go before you need to start worrying about what may or may not happen at birth, so relax. Do of course talk about all possible outcomes and how you want to handle them, but don’t borrow trouble until it gets there, just take it one thing at a time. Right now you need to get your blood sugars under control and take care of you and the little one, so do that.

Then ask what your risks are, how this occurance changes your health situation and what you need to do to keep those risks and changes to the bare minimum.

Main thing though is to break this into small manageable chunks and deal with it in small doses. And breathe!

Hang in there, you got this far, everything will be just fine, try not to worry.

*hugs*

Kyrin

Katherine
    Participant

*HUGS* I really hope that everything goes as well as you want it to! I am here for you! ๐Ÿ˜€

I do hope the diabetes thing is temporary! **HUGS**

Youre going to alright sweetie. I know it, ya know? Youre just gonna be fine. Im willing to put money (I dont have) on the great hope and belief your body will return to normal once your cuteness is born. I just think that, especially with a first pregnancy, your body is going through SO much for the first time- everyday is a new day for it- that in a while after delivery, your body will begin to return to normal. I truly believe it and hope that Im right… cause you know us witchy bitches… we just HAVE to be right LOL ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

But regardless, you know that candle is lit and you continue to be in my thoughts, heart and prayers as usual since you announced you were pregnant! I’ll just amp it up some more and send you even more spiritual hugs! And… I support anything you choose to do regarding YOUR child, body and pregnancy. XOXOXOXOX

Sbianchi
      Participant

I’m sorry to hear your having problems especially during your pregnancy,
        my prayers and hugs are with you also!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I’m sorry to hear that you may have GD…but I would advise researching it throughly before you make any decisions regarding diet changes and delivery options, since this is a well-known way of pushing first time moms into C-secs on fears of an over- sized baby. There is some debate on the sugar resistance test they do to diagnose this condition as well. I won’t persume to know your situation, so I just advise that you research and ask a lot of questions to your caregiver and even ask for 2nd opinions from another caregiver before making any big changes. Feel free to email me privately if you would like…I had the same diagnosis during my pregnancy but didn’t actually have GD… this just isn’t the place to discuss that in detail.

Thanks again everyone! I saw my OB today, he thinks that I will be able to manage my sugars just fine, as long as I follow the diabetic educator’s instructions…I am meeting with them on monday. He is also behind me about being induced, he will do all he can to let me go naturally, he said that I can’t go past my due date, and as long as I can manage the sugar levels it will be okay. He did say that if I can’t manage the level, or if the baby gets way too big, we will decide whether or not to just break my water, without the medications and such. But…if the baby gets really really big, more than 10 pounds or the placenta stops cooperating, they will have to induce, rather than risk a c-section. They are going to monitor me and the baby very carefully, and if by 35-36 weeks it looks dangerous, they will do an amnio to check his lungs and if we’re all clear they’ll induce. I have an ultrasound on the 25th, and he is still measuring 2 weeks larger than he’s supposed to be, so my doc thinks I will go early on my own…FINALLY some GOOD news!!!! That was the best birthday present!!!

Sbianchi
        Participant

That’s Great news, I’m glad to hear things are going to be ok for you and your baby.

NirvanaCat13
          Participant

DragonMistress wrote:

Thanks again everyone! I saw my OB today, he thinks that I will be able to manage my sugars just fine, as long as I follow the diabetic educator’s instructions…I am meeting with them on monday. He is also behind me about being induced, he will do all he can to let me go naturally, he said that I can’t go past my due date, and as long as I can manage the sugar levels it will be okay. He did say that if I can’t manage the level, or if the baby gets way too big, we will decide whether or not to just break my water, without the medications and such. But…if the baby gets really really big, more than 10 pounds or the placenta stops cooperating, they will have to induce, rather than risk a c-section. They are going to monitor me and the baby very carefully, and if by 35-36 weeks it looks dangerous, they will do an amnio to check his lungs and if we’re all clear they’ll induce. I have an ultrasound on the 25th, and he is still measuring 2 weeks larger than he’s supposed to be, so my doc thinks I will go early on my own…FINALLY some GOOD news!!!! That was the best birthday present!!!

If it’s any consolation luv, we think I was a gestational diabetes baby too and I turned out just fine! *I think…:shock:*…I weighed in at a whopping 10 lbs 6 oz. (HUGE for a girl) and my mom was only 5’2″. Mom has type 2 diabetes now that she controls with diet and is just fine.

Long and short, don’t worry about it! I think you bing stressed out will hurt you more than anything else =P

Wishing you the best and sending big hugs!

Katherine
            Participant

DragonMistress wrote:

YAY!!! I am so happy that this is good news!!! I think you’ll be just fine! Do you have bing babies in your, or your hubby’s, family? I am extremely happy that the doctor agrees with you on your original plan. ๐Ÿ˜€

Heather
              Participant

My little sister had gestational diabetes too, and despite a sky-high stress level created by the MIL from Hades, she was able to manage her blood sugars without insulin. She went into labor on schedule, and although they did eventually elect a C-section, it was because the baby had gotten tangled in the umbilical cord and not because she was too big. So hang in there, and best of luck! I’m glad that they caught this early and that your OB is being supportive of your wishes. ๐Ÿ™‚

lamortefille
                Participant

Hooray! at the good news:)

I wanted to say Thank you again to all of you…I was more frightened and scared and angry and well, everything when I originally posted. Since hearing all of your stories, and talking to some other Moms I know around me, I feel much better. My Dr. is very understanding and is very much behind me, which helps immensely. On another plus side, my hubby’s boss found us a diabetic educator program that our insurance actually covers!!! we were looking at at least $900 out of pocket at first, which was not helping my stress level!!! This program is about an hour’s drive for us, but hubby’s job has been great about everything, he works for a small state office, it’s like a little family. I don’t fit behind my steering wheel anymore (lol, I’m five feet tall and have a HUGE belly!) so we had to make appointments that he could take me too, but overall we are very relieved. It’s all a waiting game now. On a humerous note, it turns out that one of the women Zack works with, who just had a baby last december, went through the same situation. And her baby was born a week early, on his own and weighed 7lbs, 2oz. That was reassuring!! We’ll know more about our little one on tuesday the 25th, when we have another ultrasound, and get an (guess)-timate on his weight. Thank you again for all the support, it means so much!

Skigod377
                  Participant

Thats awesome girl!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.