fbpx

I'm so upset right now. *UPDATE* page 2

Home Forums Miscellany Community I'm so upset right now. *UPDATE* page 2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

I hate complaining to you guys, but I need to vent. I just found out that I have gestational diabetes. I am 30 weeks, 1 day pregnant with my first, and am so frustrated. I have had pancreatitis for like 5 years and I always knew that my insulin production was going to fail eventually, but I didn’t think it would be right now. My doctor isn’t sure yet if this is only temporary because of the pregnancy or if it will be permanent after the baby is born. I have to go and meet with the diabetic obstetrics counselor (as soon as I can get an appointment), and hopefully won’t be on insulin. I’m okay about the finger sticks, and that stuff, and the diet that they want me to be on is basically what I eat anyway, they just want me to eat alot more. This is hard for me because I really don’t like eating, I never really did. (No, I don’t have any kind of eating disorder, I’m chubby, lol, I just forget to eat and it’s a hassle) I don’t eat alot of sweet stuff anyway, so that’s not really a problem. What really upsets me is the possibility that I may be induced. I don’t want to be induced. I want to have him as naturally as possible, go into labor on my own, no drugs, no epidural etc. (Please don’t bash, this is my choice, not what I would cram down anyone else’s throat, I feel miserable enough as it is without anyone getting upset with me for my birth choices…to each her own) I really wanted this to be natural. Don’t get me wrong here, I’m not going to risk the baby’s health by being stubborn. I have to have a long sitdown with our Ob and see what our choices are, I really don’t want it to come down to my stubborness resulting in an emergency c-section because the baby is too big for me to deliver and starts to have distress. I wouldn’t do that, he comes first. I guess I’m just upset and scared and well, everything right now, and needed some virtual hugs. My poor husband is scared for me now too, and I hate to stress him out. He tries so hard to hide his stress, such a sweet man I married. And my birthday is tommorrow, I always get bad news around my birthday, so I have decided that next year I am skipping it altogether. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m sorry if this sounded whiney, I’m just really stressed right now. Thanks for listening

Pegasi1978
    Participant

*Hugs*

darjeb
      Participant

Good luck I hope everything goes OK for you

Purplecat
        Participant

it is stressful, I had problems with my bloodsugar when I was pregnant with Aurora (my youngest)…not to mention my hubby has diabetes, and deals with daily bloodsugar testing and shots. Hopefully it’ll be a temporary thing, mine was. I pretty much went back to the way I was after I had her. In the meantime, take care and just handle it one day at a time, sometimes that’s all any of us can do. *hugs* ๐Ÿ™‚

Setsunawolf
          Participant

*hugs* You’re not whiny you’re just scared and frustrated. It’s okay to be a little whinyish when bad things happen. I’m sick right now and that’s what my roommate tells me. It’s okay.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
            Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
            Sun Dragon Koi #3

A friend of mine ended up getting the same thing when she was pregnant with her son. They both came through it ok, but she spent more time with her Ob getting very frequent check ups. She had him about 8 wks ago and both mom and baby are doing great. You’ll do fine. Remember we’re all here for you and wish you our best. *HUGS* ๐Ÿ˜€

Thank you all for your kind words!

Andrea
            Participant

I’m sure everything will work out in the end. I hope you can still go natural.
              If it comes down to being induced, you can still labor without the drugs!
              Good luck and my prayers are with you!

dragonmedley
              Participant

Hugs!

I hope the diabetes is temporary…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Jasmine
                Participant

*Huge Hugs*

Jodi
                  Participant

Lots of *hugs* I’m thinking of you!

Skigod377
                    Participant

Sorry girl. I hope everything goes back to normal after the baby. *Sending hugs*

twindragonsmum
                      Participant

That’s so frustrating and scary… I’m so sorry – vent all you need, that’s what we’re here for. Hang in there, doll baby. It’ll all come out for the good!

twindragonsmum

tdm

Thank you again…I feel a little better now, just overwhelmed. Hopefully I will know more after our appt. tommorrow, and we have one with the diabetic obstetrics people on monday too. Thank you for the well wishes, It means alot! ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.