fbpx

Im curious what was your best and worst Windstone buy?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Im curious what was your best and worst Windstone buy?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 164 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

Awww…That bites. Now anything you get will not match. Any chance of finding it on line anywhere else?

Bob

I’m going to try but these cases are HUGE like 84″ tall by 48″ wide and 18″ deep so even if I found something close shipping would KILL me. I just thought maybe I can call Levitz and get the manufactorer and try to get in touch with them to see if they sell to anyone else in my area. The other problem is I have credit with Levitz and no extra cash right now to buy it out right

Skigod377
        Participant

What lousy timing. I wish you the best in your search! I know how it is to want something and juuuuust miss it!

Bob

I have been going to go back and get another one for about the last 5 months but didn’t really think I could justify it until I got closer to winter and the OT that comes from the storms. They will not be on the same wall so I guess they do not need to match exactly but the door has to slide left to right like the other ones do. I was going to get another one in that store but the doors would not open due to my bed tight there so I would not be able to fill it

Dragon Master wrote:

I just thought maybe I can call Levitz and get the manufactorer and try to get in touch with them to see if they sell to anyone else in my area.

That’s a good idea, you should check it out. You could also check if they have distributors that sell online, then they could just ship it to your house. I bought a huge patio table + 6 chairs that way (came from Arizona), and had no problems at all.

Bob

mimitrek wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

I just thought maybe I can call Levitz and get the manufactorer and try to get in touch with them to see if they sell to anyone else in my area.

That’s a good idea, you should check it out. You could also check if they have distributors that sell online, then they could just ship it to your house. I bought a huge patio table + 6 chairs that way (came from Arizona), and had no problems at all.

I just think the shipping would kill me but you never know. I’ll have ot stop by there again tonight to see if I can find out some information

Dragon Master wrote:

mimitrek wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

I just think the shipping would kill me but you never know. I’ll have ot stop by there again tonight to see if I can find out some information

The shipping might not be as bad as you think. For the whole patio set, I think it was only ~$200 (I saved ~$1000 by buying it online instead of locally, so it was totally worth it). The table alone is probably bigger than your display case, so I’d guess that shipping would only be ~$100 for you (that would also depend on what state they were shipping it from), and chances are that it would be quite a bit cheaper than if you were to buy it locally.

Well, I guess everything happens for a reason. If I get the money back from the dragon’s insurance it will cover the repair bill I just got for my oven. My evil little chinchillas got under it and chewed the wires to the ignitor (?). I got really lucky that they didn’t chew something else that could have blown the house up. So they are confined to their cages or to the room they are in until I can figure out how to protect the oven. Destructive little rodents. 👿

Skigod377
              Participant

ddvm wrote:

Well, I guess everything happens for a reason. If I get the money back from the dragon’s insurance it will cover the repair bill I just got for my oven. My evil little chinchillas got under it and chewed the wires to the ignitor (?). I got really lucky that they didn’t chew something else that could have blown the house up. So they are confined to their cages or to the room they are in until I can figure out how to protect the oven. Destructive little rodents. 👿

AHahahahaha! You got done in by your own rodents! Sneaky little buggers! They get into everything!!

They chewed up money that could have been spent on Windstones! Bad chinchillas! Bad chinchillas!

WolfenMachine
                Participant

Well, I must say that with all the talk of broken Windstones and evil post offices…that is why you dont ship Windstones USPS. Use either UPS or FedEx, and that way they wont get broken in the first place. Although….I did have a black griffin who’s ears got broken off thanks to UPS. That alone has destroyed my trust in them. He was MINT too. (Luckily the repair job worked out fine)

I’m still scared about my green Emp! I’d rather have the dragon than the money, but if he gets broken, he either gets to go home repaired with one of you guys or back to the shipping company. 3 broken Emperors would be way too many.

Bob

WolfenMachine wrote:

Well, I must say that with all the talk of broken Windstones and evil post offices…that is why you dont ship Windstones USPS. Use either UPS or FedEx, and that way they wont get broken in the first place. Although….I did have a black griffin who’s ears got broken off thanks to UPS. That alone has destroyed my trust in them. He was MINT too. (Luckily the repair job worked out fine)

I’m still scared about my green Emp! I’d rather have the dragon than the money, but if he gets broken, he either gets to go home repaired with one of you guys or back to the shipping company. 3 broken Emperors would be way too many.
                    Trust me UPS is horrible on boxes I worked for them a couple months and all they where concerned with was getting the packages on and off the truck as fast as possible

SPark
                    Participant

Yeah. The thing here is, that if you haven’t gotten something broken by USPS, you’re lucky.

And if you haven’t gotten something broken by UPS you’re lucky.

And if you haven’t gotten something broken by FedEx, you’re lukcy.

They throw the packages onto the trucks when they’re loading, marked fragile or not, and they ALL do it.

Bob

exactly

The best bet is to always pack everything so that it can’t be broken unless the box is destroyed…but alas, not everyone does that…

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 164 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.