fbpx

Im curious what was your best and worst Windstone buy?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Im curious what was your best and worst Windstone buy?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 164 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

Skigod377
      Participant

My worst was a $350 black male uni, though he was mint. If I had waited, I could have gotten him much cheaper. I spent $175 on my brown young dragon (Ouch) and 151.00 on my black baby uni.

My best would either be the $167 white emperor, the $9.99 fletcher candle lamp, or recently, the $500.00 prototype kitty.

What was your best and worst Windstone buy?

Hum, My worst was a $300 Peacock Emperor. And a male and mother white unicorn for $75 each. After paying that much the idiot I bought them from packed them together with just tissue paper (One sheet each) and packing chips. They were smashed beyond repair. He then blamed it on Customs. Ha they didn’t open the box. I never got my money back. And the money spent on insuring them well… He didn’t put the insurance on them.

My best was a $20 emerald young dragon and a $30 peacock oriental.

Jennifer
        Keymaster

I’m lucky- I don’t think I have a worst! Vantid and I went a little crazy on an old green male once, as a gift for my fiance, but I think he’s worth it, he’s the nicest green male I’ve ever seen!

My best was a few years back, I think before many of the members here were looking on ebay- I paid $45 for a mint black griffin on eBay and was the only bidder… them were the days!!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Well my worst has to be the broken ones, expecially the ones that I have not been able to get my money back for, πŸ™ .

But well my best has to be my small peacock wizard and my Flion that I got for $0 πŸ˜‰ .

Well I guess that is a double edged sword though as they are what made me decide to buy the dragons πŸ˜€ .

Skigod377
          Participant

Ruffian, thats a good best! Nam, yours is a real steal! I wish I was around Ebay back then! I have to agree about the broken ones. I hate getting those.

Maria
            Participant

So far my best buy was the peacock Scratching and Young pair for $99 off E-Bay. I don’t have a worst yet, unless it’s that poor Sitting Spectral whose owner didn’t have a clue how to take care of him…

frozendragon
              Participant

my best were the ones water got for me from that store that had them 50% off…..the black gold emperor and ruby scratching….for still less than just buying an emperor…

the worst was a broken flion for $100 and something….I fixed him up and resold him….but his left wing was broke in half and they superglued it crooked….and I had to fill…..carve……fill…..carve and paint….I did sell it for just under $100 so it was pretty cool…

My worst are the Windstones that I got a few months ago which were supposed to be “like new” but actually had many chips and stains — had to go through the hassle of filing a dispute with the credit card company but at least I got my money back.

My best was the eye shut grey tabby that I got for $515!

nina789
                Participant

my worst was when there was a store around me that sold windstones. My mother had put the peacock cat wizard on layaway( for the store wanted 300+ for it) and then when she had around 60$ left to pay on the store closed.. πŸ™ she didn’t get her money back or the windstone.

My best I would have to say when I got my windstones from Watergazer πŸ˜€ I got the peacock Cat Wizard for $85.00, a Ruby Emperor Dragon (for $122.50 and the
                  Cat Wizard Candlelamp for $40.00 oh and the lion Sconce for $40.00. all were in the same box and not a bit of damage on them… πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

so that is proof that a Emperor cane make it in the mail over the border to Canada!

Participant

My worst was a tan griffin that was advertised as mint, but was really not. The seller ended up saying “Oh, I didn’t notice”. At the time I had paid good money for him.

The best was finding my small and large siamese cats at a store for retail, several years after retirement.

I think I have not had too bad of luck because I havn’t used Ebay too much for Windstones. But I think as auctions end this weekend that maybe a different story. Sorry Ski, I have my eye on that mother coiled dragon….. 8)

Participant

nina789 wrote:

my worst was when there was a store around me that sold windstones. My mother had put the peacock cat wizard on layaway( for the store wanted 300+ for it) and then when she had around 60$ left to pay on the store closed.. she didn’t get her money back or the windstone.

Ahhh! I’m so sorry that happened to you! I would have been heartbroken and angry, not to mention on the warpath when someone does that to your mom! Did you ever find another cat wizard?

Skigod377
                      Participant

SilverArrow wrote:

Sorry Ski, I have my eye on that mother coiled dragon….. 8)

Can you tell me what you are gonna bid on it? I will tell you if you will get it from me!

Participant

skigod377 wrote:

SilverArrow wrote:

Sorry Ski, I have my eye on that mother coiled dragon…..

Can you tell me what you are gonna bid on it? I will tell you if you will get it from me!

LOL! What’s the fun in that?! I was just firing a warning shot. You’ll probably out bid me anyway – but I like a challenge. πŸ˜‰ I can’t go too high anyway – waiting for those griffins at the end of the month! I’m estimating that coiled mother will go over $100 but under $200. Just a guess.

Skigod377
                          Participant

SilverArrow wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

SilverArrow wrote:

Sorry Ski, I have my eye on that mother coiled dragon…..

LOL! What’s the fun in that?! I was just firing a warning shot. You’ll probably out bid me anyway – but I like a challenge. πŸ˜‰ I can’t go too high anyway – waiting for those griffins at the end of the month! I’m estimating that coiled mother will go over $100 but under $200. Just a guess.
                            Ah well, Guess I will have to wait to see if I win it. I hate waiting…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 164 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.