fbpx

If it was you

Home Forums Miscellany Community If it was you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Sapphire
    Participant

If you bought a Windstone from a seller & had been told that it would be shipped in it’s original box but it wasn’t & the packaging was inadequate resulting in the Windstone arriving at it’s destination damaged is it the seller or the buyer that’s responsible & what would you expect the seller to do ?

siberakh1
      Participant

Was it through ebay? You can put in a claim through paypal if the seller won’t work with you. Packaging properly is the responsibility of the seller. Also, if they did not include the box and the auction said so, you can claim that item was not as described.

If it wasn’t through ebay, then it’s different (perhaps someone can fill in for this one). Was there insurance placed on the piece? An insurance claim through the post office could be done (by the seller I believe). Someone else could fill in for other shipping companies like FedEx or UPS that are more knowledgeable on those in particular.

Sapphire
        Participant

No unfortunately the seller didn’t have a Paypal account & insisted on a money order so no back up from Paypal .

Sapphire
          Participant

Ah – so it’s the sellers responsibility to claim from the insurance if there’s damage .

Danzig Moon (Karen)
            Participant

YES it is the SELLER’S responsibility to either take the item back or ask for pic’s of the item and refund your money. It is not right for a seller to mislead a buyer just for the sake of the money.

*** Always looking for Brindles..*** AWD Pieces **** Lavender Coiled Mother with Globe**** if you have one you would like to sell or trade please contact me ?

Fritochick (Mary)
              Participant

I know I sent a piece without insurance and it broke. Asked for pics and was satisfied it was MY fault. Refunded their money. I NOW have everything insured but, I now package the items so it could live through a soccer game!!!! P.S. Hi Sapphire–I’m back collecting. This is such an ADDICTION!!!

Sapphire
                Participant

I thought that the seller & myself had come to an agreement with a partial refund but it seems that agreement has been reneged so not only a broken Windstone because there was no original box , but a broken trust . I have seen & experienced so many acts of kindness & trust on this forum it makes it all the more upsetting to come across an example of this behaviour .
                  I’m glad all the Windstones that I sent you arrived safely Secerthope – it just shows with the correct packaging Windstones can travel thousands of miles & arrive in one piece rather than many , but having the original box makes a happy outcome much more likely . I would never sell a Windstone especially a large piece such as an old warrior without letting the buyer know if I did or didn’t have the original box as I know how easily these pieces can get broken without the original packaging to protect them .

Danzig Moon (Karen)
                  Participant

Yes the dragons that came to Florida could have survive a ground zero explosion that is for sure and it WAS NOT just one small item it was several item’s 6 to 7 pieces. All arrived in perfect shape.
                    All Seller’s should know that they are responsable for thier item’s from the moment it hit’s the post office till it is received by the Buyer.
                    Also needs to be noted that packages leaving the country take longer to arrive than packages being mailed in the states.

*** Always looking for Brindles..*** AWD Pieces **** Lavender Coiled Mother with Globe**** if you have one you would like to sell or trade please contact me ?

Sapphire
                    Participant

Hello Fritochick , so nice to see you back & this addiction is never cured , just on hold now & again .
                      I totally agree with what you did about the broken Windstone that you sent & I reckon that most responsible sellers would have done exactly the same .
                      I had sold a piece to a forum member recently & noticed that it had a small area of damage that I was unaware of when I put it up for sale . I contacted the buyer & told them what I found & offered them the choice of a full refund or to buy the piece at a reduced price . It all comes down to reputation & if you do the dirty on someone it comes back & bites you on the bum , a little thing called Karma!

WolfenMachine
                      Participant

I agree with everyone so far. If the seller said it was in its original box, and it wasn’t, its the sellers fault. Its also the seller’s responsibility to file the insurance claim. In my experience, UPS for instance, will not even talk to the recipent. So if you are the one with the broken Windstone and you dont trust the seller, there is no gaurantee he or she will be honest about the claim status. The shipping company refunds the seller, not the buyer-which is stupid in my opinion, but nothing to do about that.

Sapphire
                        Participant

Ha – these poor Windstones didn’t have enough room to breathe let alone move around as the boxes were stuffed so full but thanks for the feedback SecertHope , it’s nice to know that people appreciate it .

WolfenMachine
                          Participant

Sapphire-do you have pictures of the packaging?

Sapphire
                            Participant

Thanks for your input WolfenMachine & I agree with your comments about trust as I certainly do not trust this seller after what has happened & could not rely on their honesty as they haven’t adhered to their part of the agreement about the refund for the damage .
                              I suppose there’s an unwritten Windstone code that the majority of forum members follow without even thinking about which leads us to trust each other when we wheel & deal Windstones on the forum so it comes as a bit of a shock when you come across someone who doesn’t seem to uphold the standards that we have become used to here . I think the caring way that Melody & her team deal with us Windstoners is in no small way responsible for the honesty & integrity of the Windstone forum .

Sapphire
                              Participant

Sorry Wolfen I didn’t see your question but yes I do have pictures of the packaging & not only was the Windstone not in his original box with inadequate packing but the poor thing was packed UPSIDE DOWN – an Australian Windstone ????????

Sapphire
                                Participant

I think sellers should be aware that it’s their responsibility to pursue the matter if there’s a claim for damage but of course in this case a claim wouldn’t have been entertained because of the lack of appropriate packing & the actual way the Windstone had been packed ie upside down .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.