fbpx

If it was you

Home Forums Miscellany Community If it was you

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Sapphire
    Participant

It’s difficult to trust people after something like this happens but I suppose you just have to realise that one bad apple is not representative of most Windstone sellers . I have to say that while this is the most upsetting episode I’ve had as a buyer there are plenty of positive transactions with honest Windstone sellers both here and elsewhere who prove that the vast majority of times trust is not misplaced as it was this time .

Danzig Moon (Karen)
      Participant

SAPPHIRE can not be the only one dealing with this from dishonest forum seller’s. If this has happened to you from another forum member please speak up. I’ve had it happen but mine were Ebay buys. All my forum purchases have come in perfect.
        Whom ever did this needs to step up and make things right and not put it off on some one else.

*** Always looking for Brindles..*** AWD Pieces **** Lavender Coiled Mother with Globe**** if you have one you would like to sell or trade please contact me ?

Definitely speak up. It may give others who have had issues with that seller confidence to come forward and relate their own experiences, saving heartache for many. There’s a link to an offsite database for feedback around here somewhere.

Wampus Dragon
        Participant

Im not calling anyone out. But I will say I know who this is about, and I’ve never had trouble with this seller. I have both purchased and traded with them with no issues. This isnt a bad seller. Its a single bad transaction.

Wampus Dragon
          Participant

Double post.

scenceable
            Participant

I’m a bit confused as to what you mean when you say it was packed upside down? Theoretically a box could be flipped over and you’d open the windstone upside down?

I’m not sure creating and posting on this thread is really going to help solve the issue, I know if I was the seller I’d be upset reading through this, and be all the more unwilling to solve the issue as a result. Not that that would be the right thing to do, but still. You did send a money order, and therefore don’t have any real protection.

Depending on how bad the damage is, I’d try to work out either a return or a partial refund. If the damage is really severe, I’d say you need to get the seller to do an insurance claim.

I hope it works out for both of you, I know damaged items are never fun, having been on both ends. ๐Ÿ™‚

Tethra
              Participant

Sapphire, I checked, and all my Aussie Windstones are the right way up! ๐Ÿ˜€

Seriously, it is so dissapointing when the seller doesn’t pack them properly, I have recieved one damaged and 2 broken Windstones so far, and I’m surprised the damaged one didn’t come to me in a million bits! My emerald mother dragon was mint when I bought her, and she came in a tiny little box, with probably about 15 packing peanuts and a few bits of the hard foam that surrounds electrical appliances. She now has a broken foot and flakes off her shoulder blade, both thankfully on the non display side. Good luck with your claim Sapphire!

Sapphire
                Participant

Wampus I can only go by my own experience with this seller & although I know there have been transactions that have gone smoothly there are other issues with this person that I haven’t mentioned anything as they are not my problems to speak about . Initially the seller & myself seemed to have agreed how to resolve the issue but then other issues occured which I’ve mentioned in the bullying thread . I’ve had no other option than to pass the correspondence about this transaction to the relevant people along with my concerns . I am glad that your transactions have gone well with this person Wampus but wonder what you would have done if the roles were reversed & you got a damaged Windstone & a seller who maintains it wasn’t their fault and ignoring the problem & I was the one who was happy with the outcome .
                  Scenceable – the inside box was placed upside down inside the outer box so the Windstone was upside down whenever the outer box was the proper way up . If the Windstone had been adequately packed this would’t have matterered but because the Windstone had not been shipped in its original box as I had specifically asked & been told it would be , and the packaging used was totally indaquate for this Windstone the damage occured . I have already tried & thought that a solution had been agreed but the seller but now find that the seller is ignoring the issue .
                  I have never said whether this person is a forum member or not but what I will say is that I am not the first person to speak publically about this issue on the forum & up until this point have tried to use private communication to resolve this with the seller .

Tethra
                  Participant

I should just say that all my transactions on the forum have been wonderful. My damaged and broken Windstones were ebay transactions.

Lupuslunae
                    Participant

I suppose there’s an unwritten Windstone code that the majority of forum members follow without even thinking about which leads us to trust each other when we wheel & deal Windstones on the forum so it comes as a bit of a shock when you come across someone who doesn’t seem to uphold the standards that we have become used to here . I think the caring way that Melody & her team deal with us Windstoners is in no small way responsible for the honesty & integrity of the Windstone forum .

I am very sorry to hear about your siutation ๐Ÿ™ Hopefully some resolution will be reached, and when this happens, definitely leave feedback in the feedback post/section, I think it’s a sticky in the flea market forum. I’ve only done a few transactions here, everything has been wonderful, but I am paranoid and only braved my first forum transaction because my seller had great feedback. Accurate feedback makes for a safer and happier forum market for everyone and should help ensure honesty and good selling/buying manners.

Wampus Dragon
                      Participant

I probably wouldnt have dragged it out in public like this, but I would have worked with the seller for at least a partial refund for repair purposes.

As for the upside down thing, aren’t some windstones packed upside down in their original boxes upside down anyway? Like the OW, female unicorn and lap dragon for example? Maybe the seller was trying to recreate this with boxes that were not the original, trying to recreate how they are packed and padded at windstone.

The only ones I’ve warned people about publically are non forum sellers with blatant disregard for how they should be packed, even after me explaining to them how they should be packed. Ive never had a purchase on the forum go awry. But that doesnt stop me from being picky and specific when I explain how I want a windstone packed, even to veteran collectors Ive purchased from on here.

WolfenMachine
                        Participant

I probably wouldnt have dragged it out in public like this, but I would have worked with the seller for at least a partial refund for repair purposes.

As for the upside down thing, aren’t some windstones packed upside down in their original boxes upside down anyway? Like the OW, female unicorn and lap dragon for example? Maybe the seller was trying to recreate this with boxes that were not the original, trying to recreate how they are packed and padded at windstone.

Agreed and seconded. My OW’s and Laps all arrived with their horns nestled inside the box, face down. I can’t imagine this is a good thing, even for Windstone to do, but I have not ever had a piece FROM Windstone arrive broken, so it must not be all that bad.
                          If the damage isn’t all that bad (nothing like a missing head or shattered wings) maybe you could still sell the damaged piece.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.