fbpx

I was so excited…….

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone I was so excited…….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Laurie
    Participant

I saw on the windstone main page that Johns Hopkins Hospital is a windstone dealer. My husband was being admitted there for pneumonia so I figure maybe I can salvage this horrible experience and pick up a windstone at the hospital gift shop. Well during our 4 hour wait in admitting for him to get a room we wandered over the the gift shop to see what windstones they had. When I got there they had………..NONE! Not a single windstone in sight! I thought they were a dealer! Now I’m crushed, no windstone to brighten my dark day. So here I sit a day later all alone waiting for my husband to call and tell me how his first night in the hospital went. They hope to have him out by this weekend /crossfingers. Why do they have Hopkins listed as a dealer when they don’t even have a single windstone product?

Laurie
      Participant

Jodi
        Participant

That’s a good question. I was looking through the web sites on the list for MN and WI last night and most of them do not have any Windstones. A couple were churches. I’m confused why they are advertising for these places that obviously do not carry Windstones. It’s also frustrating to look all over a Web site and not find a single thing, and then do it again, and then do it again. They should not have Web sites listed unless they sell Windstones on it.

Laurie
          Participant

There used to be two stores within a half an hour drive from me that sold windstones but both went out of buisness. I had high hopes that Hopkins would have some windstones but that was dashed. I really wanted to see some of the dragons in black in person. I wish someone near me would sell these!

I hope your husband is doing better purpledoggy. Hope he gets out of the hospital soon.

I believe when the list was compilied all of the places were Windstone dealers but have since stopped carrying them. Which is why they really need new dealers – it is really sad how many dealers have stopped carrying them or gone out of business completely. I am trying to do my part for Windstone’s fiscal health! ๐Ÿ˜€

Jennifer
            Keymaster

emerald212 wrote:

That’s a good question. I was looking through the web sites on the list for MN and WI last night and most of them do not have any Windstones. A couple were churches. I’m confused why they are advertising for these places that obviously do not carry Windstones. It’s also frustrating to look all over a Web site and not find a single thing, and then do it again, and then do it again. They should not have Web sites listed unless they sell Windstones on it.

Churches often carry the Forms of the Feminine Spirit http://www.windstoneeditions.com/mayahillpage.htm
              and since those are Windstones, they are listed as dealers.

It’s also possible that dealers that are listed used to carry Windstones at one point (which include not only Melody’s figurines, but Maya Hill’s and any art prints they have put out) but no longer do because if lack of buyers. This is where you guys can come in- if you can show a genuine interest and ask the store owner to order some more Windstones then they might carry them again! It’s worth a try and could help Windstone out.
              There are fewer and fewer retailers carrying Windstones because the market is so poor right now. DDVM is right- if you see a gift style store (well, not big chains like Hallmark) where you think Windstones would fit in, talk to the owner about your interest in them, and then tell Windstone about them. Remember that if anyone provides a lead to a store that starts carrying Windstones, John and Melody will send you a free Windstone. ๐Ÿ˜€

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Jodi
              Participant

I got a store to start carrying them, but I didn’t get anything for it. Maybe the store didn’t tell Windstones I had contacted them about it.

Jennifer
                Keymaster

emerald212 wrote:

I got a store to start carrying them, but I didn’t get anything for it. Maybe the store didn’t tell Windstones I had contacted them about it.

You need to tell Windstone about it- the store may have no idea about the referral reward. ๐Ÿ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

frozendragon
                  Participant

all but one of the stores listed for Amarillo DO NOT…have windstones…

and one of the stores I can’t even find….

yeah go bug them! I got one store in my area. Luties Lair in Gloucester VA to up her stock! She did have a few, two small unicorns and a leaf cat, but nothing else and those were hidden. I bought the Young Unicorn and told her I was SOOO happy to see a dealer of Windstones and weren’t they just the best ever? I told her about the new colors and bigger dragons and told her she must see them in person. And a few weeks later I popped in to buy the baby unicorn…and she had new stuff! She had ordered the whole family in the new color, a wizard, more baby unicorns, a fledgeling, and she said she even had more in the back that she did not have room for!! WOOT! So keep pushing…and BUY STUFF! It will encourage them. I sent someone here to the store in Williamsburg and they bought the Grand Unicorn, the woman said it was her only sale of the day and it saved her week to have sold it. She thanked me for sending people her way (Arlla got her other rainbow emp. too). Store owners are very happy to order more if you really push and ask them too!

Melody
                    Keymaster

emerald212 wrote:

YOU DID?? Well for heavens sakes! Get the store to tell somebody at Windstone… Or, heck, I’ll tell em…(I’m still in Oregon) what store was it? You deserve something for that!
                      It sounds as if our dealer list needs upgrading, If you’all would email us with the accounts that are no longer dealers, we could weed them out.

wolflodge100
                      Participant

before you weed them out just because the windstones are not listed on the stores website, you might want to contact them and make sure they don’t carry them. case in point, my stores web site is very incomplete and no windstones are on it yet.(no, I am not in charge of it or they WOULD be)

Laurie
                        Participant

Well I’m gonna have to bug the crap out of some local stores around here. I need SOMEONE local that actually sells windstones!

Melody
                          Keymaster

wolflodge100 wrote:

before you weed them out just because the windstones are not listed on the stores website, you might want to contact them and make sure they don’t carry them. case in point, my stores web site is very incomplete and no windstones are on it yet.(no, I am not in charge of it or they WOULD be)

I meant real store fronts that are listed as dealers, but no longer have the line in the store. It is hard for us to tell without calling all of them regularly.

Sorry to hear about your husband purpledoggy. I hope he gets better soon.

What if Susie or someone at Windstone were to keep track of which dealers are ordering and then update the website? I know that wouldn’t get all of the dealers, but it would probably get a lot of them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.