fbpx

I just can't believe I will soon have a Brown Emperor……

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone I just can't believe I will soon have a Brown Emperor……

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Scathach
    Participant

*Blushes!* Thanks. Seems Emperors take the worst of it nearly every time. I think I posted pictures of Pixie’s poor Emerald Emperor.

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j307/Kyrinslair/Pixie%20Dust%20Emperor%20Repair/

This Album shows the pieces he started in, & finished result. This should make you feel much better about your Brown too.

Kyrin

Totally awesome! Poor Emp, Poor Pixie. But IT ALL WORKED OUT! 🙂

Life is beautiful.

Chloe
      Participant

Oh, wow!!! Yeah, I guess looking at it I did get rather lucky it was such a small break. I can’t believe you rebuilt a whole emperor from pieces!!!! Amazing…..simply amazing….

KaytanaPhoenix
        Participant

I’m glad his breaks aren’t as bad as we all thought at first! I noticed right away his tail was intact! I was highly impressed by this since that seems to be their fault point!
          Man, I didn’t realize how lucky my emp showed up in one piece! He didn’t have his inserts but the seller packed him with everything they could find, it seemed like (He had 3 or 4 different kinds of bubble wrap, packing paper, packing foam, and *a* packing air bubble that SOMEHOW didn’t break (thank god)) and his outter box is bigger than the outter box used for SK’s XD lol

You will have to let us know how things go, and show us your beautiful baby when he is all in one piece again 🙂

Pam

It is possible to safely ship an emp without inserts, but most people don’t pack well enough to make it possible.

Bodine
            Participant

Yep hard but with love and plenty packing material.Don’t spare on the size of the box either.I sent one to Canada and it was bigger than 2basketballs.He said there were so many peanuts he didn’t know what to do but it arrived safe and sound.Worth every penny to ship which wasn’t too bad considering the precious cargo. 🙂

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Make a complaint with eBay. You will most likely get your money back even though he wasnt insured. Sucks to see another Windstone fall due to eBay sellers stupidity and/or mail carriers. At least this way you might be able to get your money back and you can keep him to try and fix him… Sorry for your loss…

Need to come up with a list of people not to buy Windstones from on eBay. It doesnt cost that much for the packing material and it doesnt take anymore time to pack it right. I dont see why people chose to be like that… My very first Windstone ever to my collection came in broke. Broke my heart almost to the point to where I didnt want to collect them (glad that didnt last long) and he conviently forgot to put insurance on it even though I paid for it. He was fixed and was given a new home, but still that is a lot of hard work and heartache to the buyer if the seller doesnt do it right….

Jennifer
              Keymaster

Reading this thread, I have to tell you a story. This is 100% true.

As you know, when DDVM passed away, she had the pieces I painted willed back to me. I didn’t know what all she had of mine and the last thing on my mind was to send DDVM’s mourning family packing instructions. I didn’t know when or how or what they would be sending me! I didn’t inquire– it wasn’t the right time to do so, as they were deeply grieving.

So– Imagine my surprise when they arrived on my doorstep (handled none too gently the whole way, given the condition of the boxes, and then hucked onto the cement slab in front of my basement door)… and in a small box, with nothing more than a single roll of bubble wrap around him, was the Amethyst Mist Emperor. Arrived safely, with nary a scratch, chip, or flea bite. I could NOT believe it. How could I?? My friend told me that DDVM herself must have overseen the pieces in transit, because that was the only explination for them making it to me in one piece…!! (the other pieces were more or less shipped like that, only some were worse.. some were lose all in the same box, with simple bags or tissue paper wrapped around them and nothing more! The only casualty was a chipped off horn on the PYO keeper…).

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

Amy
                Participant

As you know, when DDVM passed away, she had the pieces I painted willed back to me. I didn’t know what all she had of mine and the last thing on my mind was to send DDVM’s mourning family packing instructions. I didn’t know when or how or what they would be sending me! I didn’t inquire– it wasn’t the right time to do so, as they were deeply grieving.

So– Imagine my surprise when they arrived on my doorstep (handled none too gently the whole way, given the condition of the boxes, and then hucked onto the cement slab in front of my basement door)… and in a small box, with nothing more than a single roll of bubble wrap around him, was the Amethyst Mist Emperor. Arrived safely, with nary a scratch, chip, or flea bite. I could NOT believe it. How could I?? My friend told me that DDVM herself must have overseen the pieces in transit, because that was the only explination for them making it to me in one piece…!! (the other pieces were more or less shipped like that, only some were worse.. some were lose all in the same box, with simple bags or tissue paper wrapped around them and nothing more! The only casualty was a chipped off horn on the PYO keeper…).

Oh my gosh. Jennifer, that story is terrifying. O.O To think the only thing between my emp and the windstone graveyard was one roll of bubble wrap *faints*

I completely agree that ddvm must have been looking out for the windstones on their way back to you. Divine intervention is the only thing that could explain them all arriving in tact. It’s a miracle :O

dragonmedley
                  Participant

Need to come up with a list of people not to buy Windstones from on eBay.

You can add them to the feedback lists; there are a few ebay sellers on the negative list.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Chloe
                    Participant

I keep coming back to this post because it is so inspirational. DDVM’s love for her pieces filled the space between the bubble wrap and plastic sacks and cradled them safely to your home. I am sorry for the loss of your friend, but very glad you are getting an opportunity to use her collection to do things in her honor.

Chloe
                      Participant

I still haven’t seen him yet, but I am excited all over again!!!!! Here are pictures of the wonderful repair Kyrin did. She posted these on her repair thread, but thought I would update here in case someone was curious.
                        He will be coming home Monday!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Photobucket
                        Photobucket
                        Photobucket

I’ve had that same thing happen before, except it was a wedding gift for a friend. I had bought her a Micheal whelan dragon sculpture from ebay, it was fully intact in the pics on ebay and when it arrived, the head and neck spine was busted. I was VERY upset. I spent enough money on it and it came broken. I fixed it up really well with expensive silver paint and gold leaf pen. You couldn’t tell it was broken, but still I was bummed. When I gave it to her she loved it tho!!! She will never know it was broken because I made it look so close to perfect (took 3 hours to fix but was worth her happy reaction 🙂 ) EDIT: I forgot to say because I was so upset to hear someone was careless on how to pack a rare windstone; I am so sorry this happened to u, and it was NOT wrong for u to cuddle ur windstone and cry. I would have done the same. And Kyrin did an absolute stunning job! U can’t even tell at all that he was broken.

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.