fbpx

I just can't believe I will soon have a Brown Emperor……

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone I just can't believe I will soon have a Brown Emperor……

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Melissa
    Participant

Man… Words to express, would be inappropriate for a family-friendly forum. I hope you are able to get your price + shipping back, and are able to get his ‘body’ some proper tlc.

Don’t let that dragon go anywhere! I can fix him, don’t attempt to glue him either, just pack up all the pieces carefully, all the bits you can find & send him here. I will fix him for you. Don’t cry. Message me.

Kyrin

siberakh1
      Participant

Pam, drag0nfeathers was the one who recast an emperor’s missing tail. I saw the repair in person. It was pretty good. Even without casting, a skilled sculptor could give him new wings. Kyrin and drag0nfeathers, not to mention a few others here on the forum, could definitely revive this poor old fellow!

The seller says the inserts were ‘missing’? If the box was tampered with, I would question why they would not have called you? If it arrived that way, why did they not use the insert? I would be asking them serious questions and asking for a refund for most, if not all of the amount. Depending on how much of dust there is in the package, you can probably tell if the wing pieces that are missing were ever really there before packaging at all. I would be just as heartbroken, but he can be fixed! If the seller gives you a hard time, definitely contact ebay and paypal. *fingers crossed for you*

littleironhorse
        Participant

Edit: Well it looks like there’s hope yet!

But I agree with Pam, I would ask for a major refund.

KaytanaPhoenix
          Participant

Get a refund!! and drag0n is the one who recast the tail/feet of an emp.. he’ll hopefully soon be coming to live with me 🙂 so I obviously greatly trust her work!
            Get this poor ol’ fellow repaired.. even as a repair he’ll make you happy sitting on your shelf 🙂

As for the box, I smell suspicion! and a lot of it! I honestly question if this poor fellow even had his wings when he went into the box… sounds like something fishy that an ebay seller would do >.< they would have to "loose" pieces of the box to exlain away why he was busted. Thank GOD ebay and paypal protects against things showing up not as they were sold…

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

I am the one who recast the Emperor’s tail from scratch which sib & Kaytana mentioned. So all hope is not lost, but this situation does make my stomach churn. I’m so sorry that this happened, there nothing quite like receiving a piece you had your heart set on for so long, and that pang of the gut wrenching feeling when you realize your new Windstone has arrived broken. I can’t believe they didn’t insure it >_< You should most definitely seek reimbursement through Paypal if the seller does not cooperate.

Anyway, I could easily repair him, but it seems as soon as Kyrin returned from her hyatis nobody seems to require my services any longer so I would just message her as everyone suggests. I've gotten back to focusing on painting for the time being, but I'm sure she can bring him back to life.

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Bodine
              Participant

I am so very sorry it got busted.How sad.Some people……..

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

siberakh1
                Participant

The photos don’t look like ones that have ever been posted on the forum before. Doesn’t mean they weren’t for the same dragon, but I suspect that either the dragon was damaged just before shipping (easy enough to try and blame it on shipping) or the person is an idiot with shipping, despite being mailed the proper box, and dragon died in transit.

There was a picture of it on eBay, do you guys think it was a borrowed picture? Cause the eBaby listing showed it intact.

Eh, Drag0nfeathers, folks haven’t been having me do all that much either, which is good, less broken pretties. However, I would be very interested in restoring this dragon. So when the message issues get fixed & the seller gets back to you, let me know if you want me to.

Kyrin

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

There was a picture of it on eBay, do you guys think it was a borrowed picture? Cause the eBaby listing showed it intact.

Eh, Drag0nfeathers, folks haven’t been having me do all that much either, which is good, less broken pretties. However, I would be very interested in restoring this dragon. So when the message issues get fixed & the seller gets back to you, let me know if you want me to.

Kyrin

No biggie, it’s refreshing to be painting again. It feels like it’s been forever now since I have worked one of my own projects ^_^

I do hope people at least learn from threads like this. It’s so awful when one of these dragons gets damaged like this. Especially such a rare fellow.

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Lupuslunae
                    Participant

I’m so sorry for the ebay disappointment. It really does suck when you have your heart set on something, finally find it, and then are promptly cursed by the ebay f*** up fairies. It sounds like you have quite a few options though, so after a few days of deserved despair, you can set about getting your still special and still super rare dragon some help. And think, after he’s all repaired and prettied up, he will be even more special to you because of the story and challenge he embodies.

Melissa
                      Participant

4dragonlove, I just thought of something. It might be painful, but if you could remove him from the bag as well as the little shards, and either do a ‘field test dry assembly’ or give us a photo of him and the little shards laid out, we can get a good idea of whether or not all the pieces are in there. (emperor wings are relatively thin and small, so maybe he’s all there???)

It’s also possible, that the seller was simply too inept or careless to figure out how to fit both inserts and the dragon into the box. As those inserts are rather tight, and require placing the dragon in exactly the right way. So if they didn’t have spatial perception or mechanical skills worth beans, left the insert out, and then covered it up with the missing insert lie… (this in no way excuses their behavior, it’s merely a theory on what happened)

Rachel
                        Participant

Oh no…
                          I don’t buy the explanation. You went through the trouble to send the box and she didn’t let you know that a piece of the box was missing??? Get a major refund.

Zelda
                          Participant

Heartbreaking 🙁 I’m terribly sorry to hear of how this has all turned out, and I hope you can both get a refund and don’t have to send the pieces back, 4dragonlove! He CAN be repaired! Folks on the forum have the technology! Better – faster – more dragony 🙂 Seriously though, there can be a happy ending out of all of this, despite the fact that this poor fellow will never be the same. My peacock emperor arrived in the mail smashed years back, and I resculpted his missing pieces myself (didn’t have another to cast from). The process made me much more appreciative of Melody’s skill and level of detail in her pieces, and has made that broken emperor my personal favorite piece despite that fact that my work is by no means perfect.

Keep your hopes up! I know a lot of other forum members are doing the same for you.

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Amy
                            Participant

Oh no. 🙁 I’m so sorry, sweetie. I definitely know the ebay disaster situation. I had been wanting a hatching baby t-rex very badly, and a friend finally found one for me on ebay and bought it, but the lady dropped it while preparing to ship it and it got broken, and I believe she threw the pieces out.

Now, things did go a bit better for me because I was able to find a forum member selling one that only needed a small repair, so I guess the moral is that things, eventually, will work out.

And yes, I completely agree with everyone else: DO NOT SEND HIM BACK TO HER! Just send him to drag0nfeathers or Kyrin. They’re both wonderful. You won’t even be able to tell there was ever anything wrong with him. I promise.

And as hard as it may be, you probably should open the bag and see exactly what it is that you’re dealing with.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.