fbpx

I just can't believe I will soon have a Brown Emperor……

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone I just can't believe I will soon have a Brown Emperor……

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Melissa
    Participant

Yeah… my worst ‘horror story’ is that I bought two Guardian Dragon Gargoyles for a song, and they were horribly packed and arrived shattered. Really, really shattered. This was before Ebay had much buyer protection at all, and the seller never responded to my multiple Emails. (I ended up having to ‘snipe’ negative feedback on the 90th day, so they couldn’t reciprocate) The money was very minor (unlike with the emp), but this happened the same week that my boyfriend and I split, and my childhood dog died… I kid you not. So those poor beautiful pieces drove me nuts every time I looked at them…

Happy ending though, two forum members bought ’em cheap, got them out of my hair, and restored them beautifully.
      (I apologize for any thread derailment, but it seemed relevant in a way.)

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

I still have one of those Guardian Dragons perched on my headboard

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Puffpastryofdoom
        Participant

This whole situation just breaks my heart, (ESPECIALLY because it had to happen to such a rare Windstone) 😥

Her story does sound incredibly fishy… and a bit farfetched. It just doesn’t make any sense on why she wouldn’t contact you if she did in fact receive the box opened and missing an insert. I would think something like that would be considered major because NO package should arrive at your home opened and tampered with. If something like that happens, it’s just common sense to contact the shipping company about it as well as the original shipper.

To be honest, I wouldn’t be surprised it Maplecarver was right about the seller choosing to leave an insert out simply because she couldn’t figure out how to reassemble the box properly and then made up a story once she found out he was broken. That would make a lot more sense than the box arriving open and tampered with without her questioning it.

I wish more than anything that you can get a major refund on him so you can at least get him restored back to his beautiful self again. After all the years he’s been around, he certainly deserves a second chance!

Melissa
          Participant

@dragonfeathers *purrs* Happy to hear it!

Overall, I guess the point is, (regarding the Emp) is that 4dragonlove’s in the legal, ethical right (and Ebay will surely agree), this forum has several miracle workers with restoration, and that poor brown emp is still valued.

So it may be a bit more grief and some headaches later, but IMO there are good odds of things eventually being set right.

Oh, he is not as badly broken as I feared, yay! And we have pieces! This won’t be as bad as you think. Get the seller stuff dealt with & we can get him over here for his restoration. If he can’t be mine, & least I get to put my hands all over him. He can visit with my brown dragons for a few days. 🙂 They will be so nice to him, he won’t want to go home. LOL! Anyway, not near as badly broken as the first pictures made it seem, that’s a relief. So don’t cry anymore, will be okay.

I want to add, his tail is intact! This is a bloody miracle, wings are so much easier to fix!

Kyrin

Chloe
            Participant

I agree with Maplecarver and Puff….I think she couldn’t figure out the insert so she left it out and packed it. She said “He’s so heavy, I had no idea he would break.” Ummm…this is why he breaks….sigh….and why I sent you a box. Okay, still going in circles (STOP THAT)!

More pieces of his wings were there than I originally thought. Thankfully.
              Photobucket
              Photobucket

Kyrin has generously offered her services for fixing him (thank you so much!) so we will see what we will see. Is it wrong that I held him cradled like a baby and cried?? If it is, then, nope, I didn’t do it……. Yes, I did.

EDIT: Oh, to reply to the missing insert….I sent her an emperor box DOUBLE-BOXED with peanuts in a larger outer box…..so if an insert came out, someone opened up the outer box, waded through peanuts, then opened the inner box and removed an insert. Like I said, hot black market item! I’m not buying it; I think she just couldn’t figure it out.

Chloe
              Participant

It reassures me that you seem so nonchalant about it. I am going to have to research some of the repair threads now…..I will be staggered by the work done, I am sure. I did see that thread that drag0n did about the missing tail….that was incredible.

I am in awe of anyone who can do work like this. I can’t even work on a 2D level…… 🙂

Chloe
                Participant

What did she use to fill up all that empty space left by the missing insert? Anything?

To answer one of your questions, I would not want to pay more that $50 for something in that condition, and not more than $100-200 for the same piece if it was repaired. That is just me though. I can see him maybe being worth $100 broken, and $200-300 with a really expert repair.

She filled part of the empty space with peanuts, then put that packing paper in. There was quite a bit of space without packing in the inner box. Two squares of small bubble wrap around his tail.

Thanks so much for the price estimation. I would have had no idea what to offer her to keep him if she wants him returned….. much appreciated.

Amy
                  Participant

Oh wow. Yeah, he’s is in WAY better shape than I imagine. I was picturing a box of emperor crumbs. He’ll be patched up in no time 🙂

Pam

I agree with the others, he is in much better condition than we expected. I would absolutely NOT return him to the seller.

Revising my price estimate: I would pay 100-200 for a brown emp in that shape, since it doesnt look like very much resculpting will be required (just a lot of gluing and filling in cracks).

If the seller could not figure out how to position the cardboard, why in heavens name did they not ASK YOU about it?? Rrrraaaarrg! *sigh* Didn’t that mean anything to them that you actually took the time to send them packing materials for it? How many buyers ever do that? Probably just Windstone buyers I would imagine. Some people simply do not understand how rough the post/UPS can be, and how terribly fragile Windstones are. They must imagine that boxes are carefully handed onto or off of trucks, and not chucked every which way. I guess we need to add this to the list of things to do when you buy a windstone. Even if you send them a box, MAKE SURE they know how to use it! (no matter how self explanatory it may seem)

Scathach
                      Participant

Is it wrong that I held him cradled like a baby and cried?? If it is, then, nope, I didn’t do it……. Yes, I did.

NO! It’s not wrong! You have a right to cry. I shed many tears over my Lap and Grand Unicorn. However, the magicians fixed them and even though I know they were broken, I can’t tell where.

Even though they have less monetary value, it doesn’t change the eye candy value. THAT is why I collect anyway.

It WILL be OK.

Life is beautiful.

Chloe
                        Participant

I feel much better today. Thank you everyone for your very kind comments and support–it is greatly appreciated!!!

I did have a WS dream last night, though. In my dream, there were dragons and gargoyles in a “Mount Olympus” setting (think clouds, columns, thrones, chess boards) all talking and lounging around. As they were talking, one of them broke one of their figures and they all gathered around. One of the dragons says, “It’s okay, that one is okay to break, it’s just a collector. They’re everywhere.” The figurine was of a person.

This dream came from two things, my broken emp and a thread where someone was talking about a broken old green and someone said “oh, well, it’s just an old green. They’re everywhere.” and I thought it was sad.

I am so thankful Kyrin will be repairing him. I am NOT going to send him back to the seller….I just hope he doesn’t cost me too much to keep.

Scathach
                          Participant

I agree with the others, he is in much better condition than we expected. I would absolutely NOT return him to the seller.

Revising my price estimate: I would pay 100-200 for a brown emp in that shape, since it doesnt look like very much resculpting will be required (just a lot of gluing and filling in cracks).

If the seller could not figure out how to position the cardboard, why in heavens name did they not ASK YOU about it?? Rrrraaaarrg! *sigh* Didn’t that mean anything to them that you actually took the time to send them packing materials for it? How many buyers ever do that? Probably just Windstone buyers I would imagine. Some people simply do not understand how rough the post/UPS can be, and how terribly fragile Windstones are. They must imagine that boxes are carefully handed onto or off of trucks, and not chucked every which way. I guess we need to add this to the list of things to do when you buy a windstone. Even if you send them a box, MAKE SURE they know how to use it! (no matter how self explanatory it may seem)

I have gone so far as to include pictures of how to pack an item into a box. Including how to align the two cardboard halves.

Life is beautiful.

Carolyn
                            Participant

Poor dragon . Kyrin is a wonderful fixer .

*Blushes!* Thanks. Seems Emperors take the worst of it nearly every time. I think I posted pictures of Pixie’s poor Emerald Emperor.

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j307/Kyrinslair/Pixie%20Dust%20Emperor%20Repair/

This Album shows the pieces he started in, & finished result. This should make you feel much better about your Brown too.

Kyrin

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.