I just can't believe I will soon have a Brown Emperor……

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone I just can't believe I will soon have a Brown Emperor……

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Chloe
    Participant

You don’t know how right you are!! I told my kids if something happens to me and they need/want to sell my dragons–to list them on the forum!!! All forum members will have first dibs on my collection.

(This makes me worry that I’ve told you….do I need to hide my identity from snipers??)

WolfenMachine
      Participant

WOW! What a lucky find! That is so awesome! Man, I have alerts sent to my phone when new things are listed on ebay that have “Windstone” or “Pena” in the title and yet I still miss all the good stuff lol I couldn’t have afforded him right now either, so Im glad he went to a forum member….*looks around innocently* who will post pictures when he arrives so we can all drool 😉

Amy
        Participant

You don’t know how right you are!! I told my kids if something happens to me and they need/want to sell my dragons–to list them on the forum!!! All forum members will have first dibs on my collection.

(This makes me worry that I’ve told you….do I need to hide my identity from snipers??)

You are too funny, 4dragonlove XD
          I know there can be some competition on this site, but I don’t think anything quite that intense 0:)

Bodine
          Participant

A HUGE congrats!!!! I am so happy for you.I must stay away from Ebay.Get’s me in debt too. :bigsmile:

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Mike
            Participant

Quietly crying in the corner that I was not on at the right time, seems I just missed him too. I went to bed at around 8-9am and my wife did not look until 11am-noon. So missed it by an hour at most I believe.
              Yes he has been on my list and I now wish I had bought one when I first saw them in the store I saw him in so many years ago but at the time we needed to save some money for our wedding that was coming up so the Emperors had to wait. I have since picked up the Green and Peacock, but still need this one from the original versions. Ah well it will happen, I have hope and hope when it does I still have the money to do it and the time to enjoy him.

darjeb
              Participant

I won an old green empror on ebay a couple of years ago for $400 and couldn’t believe it. I was going to be on a cruise when the auction ended so I put in a bid and crossed my finger and when I got back home the first thing I looked at was that auction and still could hardly believe I got him. I had sent the seller a message telling her if I was the lucky winner I would not be able to pay her for a until I got back and I would send her a fitted box from another emperor to put him in. She said OK but that by the time she received the box she would be on vacation but woudl mail him as soon as she got back – all in all it took about 30 days for me to get the old green but he arrived in one piece. I always thought I got him at that price ws because the picture on ebay show such a bad color people weren’t sure he was an old green.

Bodine
                Participant

So just happened on eBay yesterday….and what do I see newly listed? A Brown Emperor!! Buy it now!!! I was so afraid someone else was going to beat me to the click…..I have been looking for him forever (just like everyone else!)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160852546896?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The seller wants to pack him, but I am definitely sending an emperor box for him to be shipped in!! I am walking on air…..

Yay you!! So happy for you. :bigsmile:
                  ……….and I will be getting a GENET Griffie!!!YAY!!!…..THANK YOU! :bigsmile:

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Chloe
                  Participant

Sigh…..eBay strikes again. 🙁 I have been crying all day.

Though I sent the seller a box to ship him in and the accompanying inserts, she chose not to use half the insert. As a result, he arrived with NO WINGS whatsoever. Most confusingly, the pieces are not even in the box….hmmmm….she swears he was “in perfect condition” when she sent him. She says the box I sent her was open and missing the rest of the insert. Apparently box inserts sell well on the black market.

SHE DID NOT SEND HIM INSURED!!!!!

I have been so heartbroken I haven’t taken him out of the wrap….but here he is….
                    Photobucket
                    Photobucket
                    Photobucket

Misty
                    Participant

😥

Dragon_Hoarder
                      Participant

So sad, the explanation seems suspect too. Hopefully you get your money back without an issue

Chloe
                        Participant

Yeah…..I knew it was too good to be true. I just knew it!!! I want my money back, yes, but I am just so heartbroken that another one of these sculpts was broken. That’s another brown emperor gone from the world. If I get to keep him maybe someone can fix him…but the wings are gone. Gone. I am just so sad….

littleironhorse
                          Participant

Oh no!!! That’s so awful, especially after going to the trouble of sending a box. 🙁

But there are amazinly talented people here, I’m sure someone will be able to fix him! You can always contact the seller and tell them that you’ll keep and fix him if they give you a substantial partial refund.

Chloe
                            Participant

But there are amazinly talented people here, I’m sure someone will be able to fix him!

You can always contact the seller and tell them that you’ll keep and fix him if they give you a substantial partial refund.

I know Kyrin fixes things….PM me anyone if you think he can be fixed. THE PIECES ARE NOT THERE. The only pieces there are a few shards you can see in the second photo.

What in the world would I reasonably pay for him broken like this??? Anyone have any ideas???

Scathach
                              Participant

Man, that just sucks.

I had an anful experience with a lap and drag0nfeathers worked magic. Kyrin repaired my Grand unicorn and he now looks like new and can stand after having both legs smashed because the seller decided to protect ths horn and figured double-boxing was “overkill”.

I’ve PMd you, too. BUT take pictures, contact ebay and paypal, get a dispute started. DON’T send him to be fixed until you get the resolution from paypal.

BUT ABOVE ALL, DON’T GIVE UP.

There are magicians on this forum.

What can’t be fixed, unfortunately, are the non-thinking people in the world who have marvellous objects in thier trust and can’t take proper care of them.

Have a good cry, then get mad and get justice.

I totally feel your pain.

PS – DON’T GIVE UP.

Life is beautiful.

Pam

“She says the box I sent her was open and missing the rest of the insert.”

Is it possible that this could have happened? I.e, that the box you sent could have broken open in shipping, releasing one insert? Either way, I’m floored that the seller did not think to contact you prior to sending him if she received the box in open, damaged, or incomplete condition. It does not take a genius to realize that a statue that size and weight won’t be held safely in place with only a single cardboard insert. What did she use to fill up all that empty space left by the missing insert? Anything?
                                  And is it possible the wings may have been smashed to dust? So many questions!!

To answer one of your questions, I would not want to pay more that $50 for something in that condition, and not more than $100-200 for the same piece if it was repaired. That is just me though. I can see him maybe being worth $100 broken, and $200-300 with a really expert repair.

The others are right though, it IS possible to repair him, even if the wings are gone. Somewhere on the forum there are pics of a repair that was done to an emp who was missing his entire tail. The person repaired that emp by making a mold of another emps tail, fitting it to the broken emp, and casting him a brand new tail! That method could be used to give your guy new wings.

If I were you, I would try to get a refund for most (if not all) of what you paid. Even though he was not insured, eBay and paypal should both offer protection to you in this situation. Now, if you HAVE to send the emp back to the seller to get your refund, please beg the seller not to just trash the pieces. He can be fixed, and something this rare should not be sent to a landfill even in this condition. Im sure there are a lot of collectors who would be happy to have a broken/repaired brown emp (better than none at all if you cant afford a mint one).

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.