fbpx

I guess what I paid wasnt that far off

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone I guess what I paid wasnt that far off

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

I was watching that one, saw Ski was bidding and figured I had spent way too much on Windstones this month. But, wow, it went way up there. So did the white lap dragon. I don’t see those particular dragons on ebay that often.

WolfenMachine
    Participant

I’ve seen a small handful of white laps….

Why do you say ‘it wasn’t that far off’? *is dense*

I was watching a peacock sitting spectral dragon, and was hoping to get it for $100 with shipping, and it sold for $150. That’s silly, there’s still plenty of websites where you can buy it MIB for $130. Ah well.

EDIT:
      ————–
      I DIDNT POST THIS ABOVE! No one else has access to my computer but me. ugh.

Participant

๐Ÿ˜€

Well, you can feel better now. ๐Ÿ˜• I knew once I saw what yours went for I would be in for a tough time. I am the lucky/unlucky lunatic that paid the insane amount for that item. The good side is that it now completes my white dragon collection. I keep thinking back when I had thought about buying that piece (back when they were in stores). *Kicks self, kicks self again….* I should add this to the worst and best buy thread…… 8)

Participant

WolfenMachine wrote:

I was watching a peacock sitting spectral dragon, and was hoping to get it for $100 with shipping, and it sold for $150. That’s silly, there’s still plenty of websites where you can buy it MIB for $130. Ah well.

No kidding, I saw a white grand unicorn go for $200+ about a month or a month and half ago. I was thinking the same thing, that you could still get them in the stores/on-line for $126.

LOL I really wanted that one, and as a side note, I also bought the other coiled from the same person *, and the new coiled as well, so got all 3 in the same week :D. I kinda gave up in the kinglet because of the cost of the mother w/golden egg, but I will wait and bide my time for the next one ๐Ÿ˜ˆ .

* I gave her very strict instructions on packing, each in their own box and then wrapped in bubble wrap and in another box. She aggred to it, plus offered insurance.

Participant

ruffian wrote:

LOL I really wanted that one, and as a side note, I also bought the other coiled from the same person *, and the new coiled as well, so got all 3 in the same week :D. I kinda gave up in the kinglet because of the cost of the mother w/golden egg, but I will wait and bide my time for the next one ๐Ÿ˜ˆ .

* I gave her very strict instructions on packing, each in their own box and then wrapped in bubble wrap and in another box. She aggred to it, plus offered insurance.

I was suprised by how fast the Kinglet went up in price. I’m personally not keen on the egg ones, but I know they are popular. Just as well, can’t keep this up.

I know what you mean about the packing instructions. I just gave the seller an e-mail on it. I hope he doesn’t take offense. Soon see. 8)

Skigod377
            Participant

Its the color. The whites almost always go for more. They are the most popular, for some reason. The ones with the golden egg dont come up too often, so when they come up in mint condition, lots of folks go for them. I knew the white curled was gonna go too high for me, but I was surprised by how high the peacock went.

Skigod377
              Participant

Im glad you got one before they retired the peacock, ruff, Cuz I think these are just gonna go way up. I know they were retired before, but they didnt seem to ever go as high as the whites or emeralds.
                http://cgi.ebay.com/Windstone-Editions-Coiled-Dragon-w-Egg-1997-Ret-Peacock_W0QQitemZ260080237885QQihZ016QQcategoryZ35873QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

She is the reason I fell in love with the curls in the first place, and I also glad I think they will go way up as well.

Participant

ruffian wrote:

She is the reason I fell in love with the curls in the first place, and I also glad I think they will go way up as well.

Do you think so? I really like the white dragons, but they don’t seem to sell as fast as the other curls.

These were the first curls I actually got to hold, I was instantly hooked I love the way they curl around what they are holding, the look the mother has in her eyes over that egg is perfect, protective and loving. The male has a guard dog-protective look about him, and the new curls have that try it bub-go ahead make my millinium.

I personally dont like the white, I do really like the new empea, and the empea curl is awsome looking, and the white curl will look so good with the male and mother. Now if I can convince them that we need a peacock little curl.

Wow! Am I ever glad I snagged the peacock coiled for $35 and the emerald mother coiled for $125. I knew they were both good buys but, wow, are they ever going for alot right now.

I dont have the emeralds I will get them at some point, they just arent that important right now, if they come along I will snag them, but I am not going to hunt for them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.