fbpx

I am just in shock and tears.

Home Forums Miscellany Community I am just in shock and tears.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author

I just now saw this. I am so sorry. I have had a glass shelf fall and ruined my swarovski crystal animals.

If you could make a list of the ones that are ruined beyond repair I will gladly see if I have any in my collection I could give you.
    *hugs*

Diana L
    Participant

😥 {{{HUGS}}} I am so sorry for all the damage and wish I could put it all to rights, but I can’t. Have you taken some time to go over the other cabinets to check them out??? Is the insurance company of any help? If I have any of the cats that were damaged beyond saving or just damaged you are welcome to them to rebuild your collection. I remember when you posted pictures of your cabinets and I drooled at all the color, I’m soooo sorry this happened. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. [[[BIG HUGS]]]

Maria
      Participant

Oh NO oh no oh no. I am so sorry, drglvr. Those pictures are so sad to look at. At the same time, I’m very relieved to see that none of your OOAK or limited edition pieces were affected. I hope you’re able to recover most of the damage somehow.

Anonymous

Oh I am SOOOOOO Sorry for your loss ::hugs::

Because of the forum being screwy for me, I didn’t see this post until now – and I have to say when I got to the picture of the flap cat, while one eyebrow was raised in anguish, I smiled because I thought THAT CAT knows EXACTLY what happened!!

It kinda looks like you had some very large/heavy sculpts at the top – and this would be a good time to go check all your other cabinets to be certain none of the supports are overloaded by weight or uneven in distribution. You are in Cali, do you have earthquakes? 😡 :/ I’m quite sure you will be insuring the remaining sculptures, if you haven’t already.

I will be checking my library shelves – while they are all wood, books are very heavy and then I have Windstones in front of all the books – the supports need to be checked, yes they are the culprit 🙁

Again, I am very sorry for your loss, it had to hurt beyond comprehension. :sigh:

You have no idea how much your posts of empathy and support has meant to me. I am so grateful and proud to be a part of this group of kind and generous and wonderful people. Thank you from the bottom of my socks!!!
          I contacted the insurance company and they want pictures, lists, and cost estimates which will take me a while to gather up. I have to get the glass replaced as well. I checked the other cabinets and all but one are in good shape. That one is bowing slightly and the shelves aren’t movable, so I have to rearrange all the pieces. The top shelf has all the unicorns/families on it and the other shelves aren’t tall enough to accomodate the grands, so I will probably leave them there and break up the families,which distresses me, but not as much as more damage would, so they will get moved. I have a wooden brace on another one, but it has a wooden base, this one has a mirrored base, so that won’t work. I don’t know yet where I’m going to put what, there is no room for more cabinets.
          I decided to get the pieces repaired, rather than look for replacements as much as possible. Some of them aren’t replaceable, particularly one tiny cat I got from a forum member that is very old and doesn’t have much damage. I spent so much time rounding these up, I think it will be better to repair the ones I have.
          I am so thankful and grateful for all the wonderful offers of help in so many ways including providing replacements/gifts/rehoming etc as well as people wishing they could come and help. What wonderful gifts!!!!!!! I will continue to keep you posted in the progress and also continue to learn to post pictures!! Thank you!!

Skylover
          Participant

Oh no! I’m so sorry to learn about this. Something similar happened to one of my friends a couple years ago. All of her silver dragons along with two of her oriental sun dragons were crushed.

If you want, I can help with some re-painting if you have a few pieces that are only scuffed. Unfortunately, I’m not among those that are skilled enough to re-sculpt them though. Those pictures are so sad, especially the ones with the dragon gargoyle. Again, I’m so sorry. I wish I could do more to help.

Bob

I started to cry when I read this!!
              Your collections is so beautiful adn precious
              Do you at least knwo what pieces are damaged?
              I know you have a lot of OOAK like the spring time fledgie are they possible replacable ones??
              You have been such a wonerful person to us all since you joined
              I’m sorry to hear this has happened to you

If you need us we are here!!

dragonmedley
              Participant

When I got my display shelving, I decided to get the Billy Ikea ones, the “square” kind. You can put less pieces, but it’s solid and won’t warp like metal can. I would encourage you to replace your cabinets… it might be expensive, but it’ll avoid another such tragedy.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Oh my, like everyone else, those pictures make me want to cry… but at least most if not all of them can be fixed. I hope your insurance company covers the damage! **MAJOR HUGS**

darjeb
                Participant

I have been gone for the last week and just looked at the Forum. I am so sorry that has happened to you it is a Windstone Collector and/or lovers worst nightmare. Those pictures just made me sick and hope most if not all of them can be repaired.

😮 *Gasps* My heart has dropped! You had such a huge collection! I am soooo sorry! “I wonder if for future reference, if it is possible to insure such an investment?” I hope you can salvage some…I can fix just about anything. I may be able to help you with some of those pieces. Especially the retired, or discontinued ones. As for any of the others you had, that are still available, it may be better to just order or purchase them again instead.

I would suggest you consult your insurance agent. You may be able to claim this under house insurance if you have it. If you can indeed get reimbursed for some of the damages, you can use towards re acquiring your collection.

Next time, maybe try a different method of display, for your Windstones, possibly something stronger? Mineral castings are so heavy! And if you did all the math, adding up the total weight, before designing a new cabinet… that would be prudent. 😥

Skigod377
                  Participant

Im so sorry Drgnlvr.

Update on the dragon disaster: Barrdwing and her husband came up this afternoon to help me with this mess, and my young neighbor came too. We took all the Windstones off the other shelves and replaced all the shelf supports with nickelplated ones which are stronger, and rearranged the pieces to redistribute the weight. We also researched all the broken pieces for the values through my records and ravenheart database and the store, to establish the cost for the insurance company. Then we packed up all the pieces to be ready to send to Drag0nfeathers who said she is willing to repair them. I also have a box of large chips and paws and legs and eyes, etc, to send. It will cost quite a bit to send them to Mass., especially in this weather, so I can’t send them all now, some of the pieces are quite heavy. I don’t know if the insurance company will cover any of it, but at least I can now send them the information and the pictures.
                    So, THANK YOU Barrdwing and spouse for your time and help, I am truly thankful!!! :yes: :yes: It would have been so much more difficult without you! I still get upset looking at the poor damaged pieces, it is so sad! It helped that you were here, it was less hard that way.
                    I will keep you posted on the progress. Next is shelf replacement and fixing the scratches, and getting the packages to Fedex and cleaning the wood parts of the cabinets. and finish one cabinet shelf support replacement. I will post pictures when I can.
                    Thank you to everyone with all the messages, they have been a great help!!! :yes:

Skeeterdeee
                    Participant

Such good news! It’s comforting to know that when disaster strikes, the family is there to help pick up the pieces. When Nurse Drag0nfeathers is done with them you’ll never be able to tell they were injured!

Nina
                      Participant

OMG! Those pictures made me cry 🙁 That’s one of my worst fears & my husband thinks I’m silly for checking the support on my display case all the time. I have insurance on my windstone just in case. Do you have any paper work on the display case? Some display cases will have a set weight that they guarantee it will hold. If you where not over that weight you might be able to contact the company that made the display case & raise hell.

If there is anything I can do to help let me know. I might have some extra old windstone stock sitting around. I know I have a little happy cat gargoyle some where…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.