fbpx

I am just in shock and tears.

Home Forums Miscellany Community I am just in shock and tears.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Megan
    Participant

Oh, no! What an awful thing to happen! ๐Ÿ™ Finding just one Windstone dropped or knocked down is terrible enough, but I can’t even imagine what you’re going through. Big hugs!! Perhaps when you know exactly how much damage was done to each piece, between all the talented folks who do repairs here, fixing them could be managed.

Azurielle
      Participant

I’m so sorry that this happened to you too! It happened to me last year. A shelf fell, and damaged a whole bunch of my windstones, bjd’s and lotr stuff. Dragonfeathers was nice enough to help me repair most of the windstones.

Keeper of the Fledgings

Jasmine
        Participant

Oh, no!! I’m so sorry Hun!!

LuvsDragons
          Participant

OMG i’m so sorry! I have nightmares about this happening. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

LadyFirebird
            Participant

I am so sorry this happened ๐Ÿ™ It is our worst nightmare come true–to have our precious Windstones destroyed in some manner. I really feel for you–that awful feeling at the pit of your stomach as you look at the damage of what once was your beautiful collection. I hope someone could help put them back together for you.

Jennifer
              Keymaster

I’m so sorry! If I wasn’t so far away I’d come and help you. Please let us know if you have any sort of insurance to help you out. Otherwise, we will brainstorm. Once you are ready to look, maybe you can see what the damage is and how repairable they are.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

Jerusha
                Participant

I know it’s been said a bunch already, but I am so sorry this happened!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฅ It is truly a Windstone lover’s worst nightmare.
                  I know there are a lot of people on here who are great at repairs and touch-ups; if it had to happen, at least you are part of a community that cares and can help you fix it as much as possible. Best of luck to you, I hope the damage is surprisingly minimal…

Thank you SO MUCH!!! I love you all!!! Your messages have helped me so MUCH!!! I feel so connected to each and every one of you!!! I can feel your empathy because I know how much we are all connected to our wonderful Windstones and how we all know how much we all value and treasure them and even though we may be separated by miles, I know you are all with me and helping me the way you can. ๐Ÿ™„ :cry :shout:
                  Update: I have 2 young men here helping me, my computer helper and his assistant. They have opened the cabinet door and just as predicted, everything spilled out of the cabinet. They have been able to take out all of the Windstones and a lot of the pieces. They have sorted out the glass as much as possible and taken out 2 full bags of glass to the dumpster. There is some major damage to some of the pieces, a head sheared off, two “circle/councils” that have broken in half, paws and eyes broken off. No piece escaped damage of some kind. Some of them “just” got chips and scrapes, ears suffered the most consistently. I am so grateful that none of them were so damaged that they were unrecognizable, none got totally smashed as I feared they might have. I have taken a lot of pictures both for you and for the insurance. I do have insurance, but I don’t know if it will cover this, it may only cover things like fire, flood, theft, earthquakes, roofs falling in, things like that. I will call them on Monday and see. Maybe they will do a partial coverage, and even that would help. I also checked with Lowe’s, a large hardware company and they made some helpful suggestions. Replacing the glass will be expensive too.
                  Things to feel so grateful for: 1) Nobody got hurt! 2) Of the 5 cabinets in the room, that was the one in middle of 3. The one on one side has the baby tiger in it, one of my most prized Windstones and the other side has all the castles in it and the baby bear as well as a lot of other ones. 3) The cabinet across the room has all the griffins and families, the kirins, and a shelf of nonWindstones, like my collection of Swarovski crystals, a jeweled elephant, and a statue in goldstone of Quan-Yin, another irreplacable piece from my late husband and the 5th cabinet has all the unicorns and the emperors. So of all of them, if this had to happen, that cabinet was the most suitable. 4) I got so much support from so many including the forum and other friends. 5) these 2 guys were available today for practical help. They have sorted the pieces, vacuumed each piece for glass shards and the bottom of the cabinet, taken all the pictures, and packed up the pieces in boxes. I’m taping as many of the gypsum pieces that have color on them as possible to scotch tape so they don’t get scattered. I was having trouble just looking at the destruction, so they did most of the work.
                  I don’t know how to post pictures, so they are going to help me send you pictures of the mess. I was hoping to post pictures of the whole collection, but obviously some of the pieces will have to wait until they are repaired and come back. I have that as a priority to do the whole collection, (last time I tried, the pictures were so bad, Jennifer had to lock the thread!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I haven’t tried since but the intent is there!!)
                  I had 27 Windstones in that cabinet, mostly cats of various kinds, 3 gargoyles, 3 spirit wolves, several circle/councils, etc. I will keep you updated as things move along.
                  I am so grateful for the messages you sent, they really did help a lot! I feel so much less alone coping with this tragedy and knowing that you know exactly how I am feeling because you all feel that way about Windstones too!!
                  Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an experimental post for a link to the pictures. I hope it works! If it doesn’t, PLEASE let me know!

Click here for the entire album:

http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/dragonjoy/Windstone%20cabinet%20crash%202011/[code][code][/code][/code]

Skeeterdeee
                  Participant

I can see the pictures devastatingly clear. That is the most heartbreaking sight! I hope the insurance company can help restore or replace them for you.

Lokie
                    Participant

How aweful! So sorry ๐Ÿ™

Oh man, that is my worse nightmare! I really hope they can be repaired, at least, and am glad that no one was hurt, and that the really irreplaceable ones weren’t in that cabinet. *HUGS*

Jasmine
                      Participant

Oh, that just makes me want to cry. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

siberakh1
                        Participant

That really makes me want to cry to see that. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ At the same time, the damage is definitely much less than it could have been (especially knowing some of the pieces in your collection from previous photos), in regards to the type of damage and the pieces damaged. Those paint jobs aren’t the harder ones to match either (like, say, some of Olimpia’s custom paint mixes on some of her dragons). All of those, including the poor gargoyle whose head is sheared off, are definitely fixable, and even a few of those pieces are replaceable if necessary. Definitely a better outcome than it could have been. I’m glad you had two others who were so willing and able to help you out. Again, from the pictures, every single one of those pieces can be repaired and we’re here to help. ๐Ÿ™‚

BDW
                          Participant

๐Ÿ˜ฎ That is terrible! Did you surpass the recommeded maximum weight on the shelves? I would tell the cabinet company about it. If you know who made them that is. Just a thought.
                            I hope you can salvage most of them. ๐Ÿ™

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.