fbpx

I am just in shock and tears.

Home Forums Miscellany Community I am just in shock and tears.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author

I was sitting in my office talking to a friend, and all of a sudden, a huge crash and the sound of breaking glass so loud I just covered my ears. We went outside to see if someone had crashed into my car or something else, nothing. So we went into one of the rooms that I have 5 ( I have 11) of my Windstone display cases in. I went into shock. In one of the cases, one of the top shelf’s metal supports for the glass shelves had become twisted and dumped the entire shelf onto the two lower ones breaking all three shelves and leaving all the Windstones that were on the three shelves in a broken heap at the bottom mixed with the broken glass. Every one of the Windstones is broken and/or damaged. Heads sheared off, horns off, gypsum in little pieces every where. The door to the case is bulging so I haven’t opened it up yet, I need to get a sheet to put on the floor before I open it because it is going to come out in a rush. I had a lot of the cats, dragons, gargoyles, and other ones I can’t see under the rubble. This just happened about an hour ago and I am still in shock. I just don’t know what to do. I can’t throw them out, I don’t know who could do such a massive repair job, and I feel paralyzed, grieving this major hit to my collection which has been a huge focus of my life. The last count was about 460 and I don’t even know how many were destroyed. Apparently the glass held up, it was 1/4 inch glass and I haven’t had any problems with any of the glass in the other cases and it is all that thickness. It was the metal supports holding the glass in place that got inexplicably twisted and dumped the shelf. So I need to replace the supports as well. The glass doors and sides weren’t damaged.
    I just hurt so much!

dragonmedley
    Participant

I’m so sorry!

All you can do is limit more damage… I wish I could help you πŸ˜₯

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

O___O oh my God, I’m so sorry! Hopefully you can save at least some of them! πŸ˜₯

Tinks
      Participant

I’m so sorry! πŸ™ You should take pics so people can see the damage. I kno a few people would be willing to help with repairs!

twindragonsmum
        Participant

Huge {{HUGGLES}} for you drgnlvr! I’m so sad for you πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯ I just feel sick – I’m so very sorry πŸ˜₯

twindragonsmum

tdm

siberakh1
          Participant

OMG! @_@;; I’m so sorry. πŸ™ Definitely get a sheet with some foam or something underneath (or even just some pillows) to cushion the collapse when you open the doors to prevent possible further damage from anything hitting the floor (assuming you have hard wood floors in that office). If the glass was fine, but the metal twisted, I’d suspect that the metal twisted from weight possibly. I’d check the other display cases as well. Could just have been a defect too. πŸ™ OMG! How devastating! *cries* *HUGE HUGS* If I was out your way, I’d volunteer to come out tomorrow to help you sort through everything and see what bits go where (my mom says I’m good at that sort of thing).

From there, I would just make sure you are wearing some sort of gloves, like the gardening kind, if the glass shelves broke, though I’d be careful of them at this point if they didn’t, in that case. Tempered glass is good on the tops and bottoms, but if they got knocked on the edges, it can cause weakness that you don’t see and cause them to shatter.

Just sort everything slowly and systematically. If you have any of those cardboard containers on the bottoms of the huge packs of bottled water or the like (they’re like trays) or something, they should help. Even just laying cardboard out should help. Keep pets away if you have any.

I would honestly go from there and just sort through things to see what you have. I’m sure they can be repaired, considering the amazing repair skills so many members here have shown! It might take quite a while and maybe the work of more than one person, but I’m sure they can be salvaged. Make a list of what pieces and when they are sent out and where, just so you don’t lose track, since it will be so many. Again, it will just take time, but you can celebrate each one as they come home whole again. I have faith that they can be made whole again. For some of the specialty colors, I know some of us on the forum have air brushes and can assist there as well if a paint match can’t be made by hand on some of the more specialty colors, even if it means mixing metallic flakes into the paint to get the desired effect or using the ‘magic’ automotive paint (the expensive kind like Windstone uses, not the stuff from the shelf on the auto store… they’re not the same). I know Kujacker has some of that and I’m sure others do. I know I’ve been meaning to get some when warmer weather appears.

Again, *HUGE HUGS* and MUCH luck. πŸ™

Rachel
            Participant

Do you have any of them listed on your insurance? If so, you might be able to replace the ones still available. Wow…that is so aweful!

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

OMG!!! MY WORST NIGHTMARE IS THIS!!! I’m SO SORRY drgnlvr! Maybe I can try and fix some of them for you. I hope they are salvageable. That’s a horrible shame! I’m SO SO SORRY!!!!

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

KoishiiKitty
                Participant

This was the first thread I read when I got back home and I could not believe it. That is just so terrible…D:
                  I wish we could put your windstones back together for you.

Katherine
                  Participant

Oh no!! I remember all of your pictures, and that is just so horrible to hear! I am hoping that you had insurance because you had so many. if so, i really hope that you can use that. *hugs* Let us know what you find in there, and be very careful.

Anonymous

Oh nooooooo! πŸ˜₯ I’m so sorry hun! Maybe some of them can be repaired.

Adaneth
                      Participant

So sorry for your loss. What a nightmare! πŸ™ I hope you are able to get at least some of them repaired.

I’m glad nobody was right there when it happened and got hurt. Be careful with the glass!

bayoudragon
                        Participant

πŸ˜₯ OMG… this is heartbreaking… I sincerely hope they can be saved. (((hugs)))

Purplecat
                          Participant

OMG….that’s just terrible…. πŸ™

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.