fbpx

how times have changed

Home Forums Miscellany Community how times have changed

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author

😀 Have another one for y’all 😀
    Matresses… I remember when they were only a couple of hundred dollars and they last for 10 years. The last mattress I bought 5 years I had to replace a couple of months ago. It looked like I had it 10 years. Already the new mattress looks beaten and old. I also had to spend alot of money for it. About 3 times as much as my last one.

How about “Do not place ladder in wagon before climbing” (“I just wanted to get a little higher, why not?” Ellen Degeneres does a very funny bit on directions on a shampoo bottle. But I know the manufactures of the ladders actually got sued because they didn’t warn (stupid) people not to put ladders in wagons!!!Another one was “Do not use gardening shears to cut electrical wires while wires are in use” Sheesh! Where do these people come from?

Bodine
    Participant

Refrigerators used to last 30+ years,now,you are lucky to have one last for 10.Even those of us that are not “over consumers”,are stil pushed to buy,buy,buy. It is a vicious cycle isn’t it?Society,as a whole seems to think everything and everyone is disposable. 😳

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
      Participant

Anyone notice the new commercials popping up about insurance for your insurance?{a car repair,for instance}GIVE ME A BREAK!They are advertising for you to buy their policy to help fix your car,if your car needs repair,to help with the repair cost.Isn’t that one reason we have to buy insurance,WHICH,by the way,is the only product us American citizens are ORDERED ,by the American Government,mandatorily,that we must purchase,FROM a PRIVATE company,in order to drive our cars,WHICH,by the way,is concidered a “privilage” instead of our RIGHT. As American citizens,we should be able to move about freely and to pursue a better life for ourselves.Our constitutional right to the “pursuit of health,happiness and a better way of life”.Without being able to move about freely,you can not do this.What happened to individual choices in America?

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.