fbpx

how times have changed

Home Forums Miscellany Community how times have changed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

:hi: I bought some dishwashing liquid.It read on the bottle,”Aromatherapy while you do dishes”. It used to say,”green apple scented” ๐Ÿ˜†

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Bodine
      Participant

Starbreeze
        Participant

That’s marketing for you!!! Whatever it takes to find new buyers. ๐Ÿ˜†

bayoudragon
          Participant

Marketing… omg… How about a bottle of bleach with the words ANTI-BACTERIAL BLEACH plastered across it? Really!? Well, I would have never of guessed they made that. Thanks for the heads up that all the other bottles of bleach I have been buying are just the “regular” kind. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

I don’t think I ever rolled my eyes that far back before. ๐Ÿ˜†

Bodine
            Participant

That’s funny XD Who’s next? XD

Lokie
              Participant

“Aromatherapy”, that’s hilarious XD

bayoudragon wrote:

Marketing… omg… How about a bottle of bleach with the words ANTI-BACTERIAL BLEACH plastered across it? Really!? Well, I would have never of guessed they made that. Thanks for the heads up that all the other bottles of bleach I have been buying are just the “regular” kind. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

I don’t think I ever rolled my eyes that far back before. ๐Ÿ˜†
                Just a heads up, not all bleaches disinfect. Regular, non-scented Clorex does, but not all scented Clorex do. Also, some cheap brands of regular bleach do not as well. I learned this the hard way after hours of cleaning cages of sick birds and then reading the back of the bottle of a cheap bleach I was using to learn it doesn’t disinfect. I made the assumption that if the bottle says bleach, then it disinfects. But that’s not the case. Not to pick on you; everyone should check bottles of bleach for the word “disinfects” if they want antibacterial, antifungal, germ and virus killing properties. ๐Ÿ™‚

I notice bleach bottles don’t always list ingredients so I don’t know whether its the over dilution of Sodium hypochlorite or absense of chlorine (or both) that make bleach loose it’s disinfection abilities.

bayoudragon
                Participant

Actually, that’s very good to know! I’ve never used the scented kind. I just figured a scented bleach product would smell absolutely awful. In my mind, you can’t cover the strong scent of bleach. I just couldn’t buy anything that I thought would smell like bleach with the scent of roses on top! :puke:

I wish I could remember the brand. If they wouldn’t dilute it or make cheap products, then maybe they wouldn’t have to state something so obvious. I try to keep myself informed about the products I buy… I hate marketing… ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ˜ก :negative: (how many icons can I put here! LOL!) ๐Ÿ˜†

Another pet-peeve of mine is when boxes advertise – 0g Trans Fats! Zero grams PER SERVING is not the same as trans fat free! Sly dogs… ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

My husband absolutely HATES going to the store with me. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜€

Setsunawolf
                  Participant

I read the ingredient list on a package of low fat cheese once. It shared the exact same ingredient list as a bottle of Raid. Umm… I never ate low fat cheese and I really don’t have any interest in trying after that. yuck. Cheesy raid :puke:

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                    Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                    Sun Dragon Koi #3

bayoudragon
                    Participant

๐Ÿ˜ฎ

I wonder… if I leave it on the counter, will it kill bugs??

The food industries are horrible. If you love cereal, don’t read this.
                      http://muddybootsblog.blogspot.com/2009/04/case-against-breakfast-cereals.html

Man, I’ve been posting some depressing stuff lately… ๐Ÿ˜ณ

It’s kinda like eating hot dogs although you know what kinds of things go into them… :puke:

A little off topic, but I recently bought a straightener and on the directions, it told me not to use it while I sleep. Why not? ๐Ÿ˜• I always dream about getting ready for a date…Don’t you? XD

bayoudragon
                      Participant
                        purpledragonclaw
                        Participant

I like how, because of the new marketing campaign, the prices for the product go up to pay for it!

Elena
                          Participant

My 1 year old neice has a push/ride toy and I noticed the warning label the other day
                            “Do not use on stairs”
                            Ummm… thought that was common sense? ๐Ÿ˜•

Bodine
                            Participant

foxfeather wrote:

My 1 year old neice has a push/ride toy and I noticed the warning label the other day
                              “Do not use on stairs”
                              Ummm… thought that was common sense? ๐Ÿ˜•

XD You’ld think ๐Ÿ˜€

Adaneth
                              Participant

bayoudragon wrote:

These are fun! ๐Ÿ˜†

http://rinkworks.com/said/warnings.shtml

Those are hilarious! ๐Ÿ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.