fbpx

How many Windstones do you have?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone How many Windstones do you have?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

How long have I been collecting: Got my first sculpt in 92, started seriously in 2004.
      How many do I have: 32 production pieces, 8 PYOs painted by me and 19 painted by other – and 2 that I’m painting now.
      My favorite: I have no idea… though I will admit having a weakness for the keeper Melody painted for me.
      Special wishes: A peacock SK – I missed out on them and I really hope there’ll be some more.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

pipsxlch
      Participant

How long have you been collecting? First saw them, and bought the original dragon family, in 1986.
        How many do you have? hmmm… 18 I think? Not including the ones I’ve gotten for family that currently reside with me, or which I’m only temporarily housing.
        What is your favorite piece in your collection? Hard one and the answer varies sometimes, but (usually) my male dragon, sometimes my OW.
        Anything really special you want but do not have yet? Anything (western dragon that is) in old green that I don’t have! Since I have everything that’s been made in old green though, a SK in a color complementary to my collection and both rock dragons, especially that little one that was just eBayed.

Nightcrow
        Participant

Quote:

I know we have done this before, but there are a lot of new people participating on the Windstone forum.

Quote:

Haha, every time I try to count them, I screw up in a different way! (The curse of having most of your collection in another state…) But let’s see:

Dragons: 10 White, 3 Peacock, 2 BVP, 1 Emerald, 1 Ruby, 1 Rainbow. Total: 18
          Griffins: 2 Sunset, 1 Wolf, 1 Brown. Total: 4
          Other: 1 Kirin, 1 Gothic Uni, 1 Mouse Wizard. Total: 3

Grand Total: 24
          Plus a handful of PYOs in various states of “finished” (3 griffins, 1 wolf, and 1 dragon) and 1 finished PYO unicorn by another artist (Fauxbird, she’s your work, and she’s absolutely lovely! One day when I have the funds I’m going to ping you about commissioning a Kirin or Griffin to match her…)

How long have you been collecting?
          Since about 10th grade (age 14, for non-Americans). I saw a White dragon family in the local “Glass Menagerie” shop and knew then that I HAD to have them! My friend Laura had the kirin family and a wizard, but aside from thinking the Kirins were really neat, Windstone hadn’t really made an impression on me till I saw those White dragons — it was the gold eyes that really drew me, I think, because so many (read: every) white dragon portrayals had blue eyes; very boring and unattractive. The gold made them look real, and fierce, like hawks, or snakes.

What is your favorite piece in your collection?
          Ummm… this one’s kind of a tie between several pieces.

1. Black Violet Peacock Old Warrior #13 (Prototype) — the most expensive by far! I was outbid on #10 and feared I’d never get one after that; and also a bit afraid I’d end up with a number I didn’t like — trivial, compared to actually having the dragon, but still, 10 [is] my favorite number. Instead I went on and won the13th, which is my second-favorite number… AND Melody “customized” him by adding “This one is GOOD luck!” on the felt, which makes him extra-special to me! I’m in love with the color scheme, so combined with the other factors, plus his being my first Prototype, he’s definitely among my all-time favorites.

2. White Old Warrior — for one of the only times in my life, procrastination didn’t screw me over! I waited a long time to get this guy, while he sat in the store and seemed perfectly safe. Finally I bought him… and a few weeks later there was a notice saying there would be no more. I beat the cutoff! ๐Ÿ™‚ He’s so majestic, and the White color was my first love as well as the bulk of my collection, so he’s very much a focal point.

3. Male KiRin — I’ve been fascinated by the Kirins since my friend showed me hers; they were so outlandishly fantastical, and so beautifully real-looking! I scooped this guy up on Ebay with a fantastic buy-it-now price (shipping and all, he was under $75), either right before or right after they retired. In addition to making my dorm room a lot classier and geekier, ๐Ÿ™‚ he also made a great bookend for my non-textbook shelf!
          I
          4. Peacock Oriental — I went into “The Tinder Box” to have them order another White dragon for me, and this guy was sitting on the shelf near where I was waiting. The Peacock color that had never excited me on the dragons was suddenly amazing — I walked out of the store with a White dragon on order and an Oriental in my arms! The riot of colors just felt right on the Orientals the way it never had on the Western dragons (well, they didn’t even have any of that reddish-copper shading, so they weren’t as bright). I didn’t get the other two until years later, because by the time I had the idea (and the money) to look, they’d been retired and were hard to find. Still, this guy did a fine job of brightening my collection and my room all by himself for the years it took me to find him some company!

Anything really special you want but do not have yet?
          Oh, yeah — I desperately need a White Rising Spectral dragon! And one day I’m going to track down a White Secret Keeper; but that’ll have to wait till I’m a millionaire. ๐Ÿ˜€ (I’d also love a BVP Emperor, as long as he looks like the OW version and not the Lap version — I’m not a fan of the lime-green in BVPs.)

I also really want an old Stripy Brown male griffin, in spite of his blue eyes. ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh, and an Ocean Blue production run! On everything! Or at least on the OW, Lap, and Emperor. ๐Ÿ™‚

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Bob

How long have I been collecting:
            I found my very first and 2nd Windstone in July 1988 and was on my motorcycle plus a bit cash poor that weekend so I was only able to bring home the Male in Brown, one or two weeks later I returned to the store in SF and bought the Female, now mother dragon in brown. I lost this set in December 1988 when that apartment burned down, I did finally replace them but it took awhile and I finally finished the brown family including the Emperor right before, or as, they retired the color

How many do I have:
            I have no idea on the EXACT number of Windstones I have but I know for sure it’s over 100

My favorite: well the Emperor had been one of my favorites for years becasue of his size, but I have to say the SK and OW are right up there next to him.
            I also LOVE and hope to NEVER part with my 3 23KT Gold Leaf ones, 1 OW and 2 Hatching Empresses, but with the apt issue mentioned above I have to say I have a special place in my heart for my replacment 2.
            I would LOVE to get a circle of Emperor picture if most of them where not stuck in my display case with earthquake putty
            I have also fallin in LOVE with the Fledgie and Curlies

Special wishes:
            Special wish number 1 is to win the lottery and move ot Oregon to help Windstone work out the casting issues and help Melody make the world a more beautiful place by issuing her art work for everyone to enjoy
            Special Wish 2 to have a SK in EVERY Production color to complete each family
            Special Wish 3 to have a house with a room big enough to display ALL my Windstones
            Special Wish 4 to buy Melody a building for a seperate Windstone museum that is owned out right so it NEVER has to worry about closing

I’m SURE there are more things for this topic but I think this is enough for now

PurpleTurtle
            Participant

How long have I been collecting: Officially, a little over 2 years. I bought My first Windstone, Circle of Cats, about 5 years ago, but I didn’t start collecting until late 2007.
              How many do I have: Not sure, I keep losing count, but I now it’s over a hundred.
              My favorite Windstone: I have several, but the top ones I can I immediately think of are as follows.
              Rainbow Hatching Emperor and Rainbow Hatching Empress (I count them as ‘one’)
              Rainbow Old Warrior
              Black Gold Coiled Momma
              Pearly Pink Lap
              Shut Eyes Orange Tabby Flap Cat
              Those of course are not my only ‘favorites’. I only buy the pieces I really love, so All of my Windstones are actually my favorite ๐Ÿ˜ณ .
              Special Wishes: Well, to start with, an endless stock of PYOs in the store, including the PYO Flap Cat. I would love to see the Autumn Leaf color become a Production color. I would also love to see more Large Flap cats made. That’s all I can think of right now.

Maria
              Participant

I’ve been in the Windstone loop for aout four years now.
                My collection numbered over a hundred pieces until I broke it up and sold over half following a costly motorcycle crash. Now I have about fifty, I think.
                My favorite Windstone that I own is either the big Rock Dragon or my Spring Green Riser.
                Special wishes? More PYOs!

Anonymous

How long have you been collecting? ~ I discovered Windstones in a little shop in “Old Town” in Orlando about 17 years ago…. I was hooked…but I did’nt buy my first until 2005.
                  I just started adding to my collection (oddly enough, sense becoming a member on the forum) ๐Ÿ˜€

How many do you have? ~ I have 12 production pieces, and 5 Pyo’s

What is your favorite piece in your collection? ~ It’s hard to pick a favorite, because I only buy the one’s I truly want…but it’s a toss up between my EP Ow…and my tan male Griffin

Anything really special you want but do not have yet? ~ I really would love to have a Violet flame Ow or Violet flame Lap

Bodine
                  Participant

Kalandra wrote:

How long have you been collecting? ~ I discovered Windstones in a little shop in “Old Town” in Orlando about 17 years ago…. I was hooked…but I did’nt buy my first until 2005.
                    I just started adding to my collection (oddly enough, sense becoming a member on the forum) ๐Ÿ˜€

What is your favorite piece in your collection? ~ It’s hard to pick a favorite, because I only buy the one’s I truly want…but it’s a toss up between my EP Ow…and my tan male Griffin

Anything really special you want but do not have yet? ~ I really would love to have a Violet flame Ow or Violet flame Lap
                    plus one ๐Ÿ˜€

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

lamortefille
                    Participant

I started collecting in 1988 and I’m in the 225+ club now. I haven’t counted lately. They are literally in every room in the house. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

I don’t have a favorite or any special wishes. One piece I am still trying to get my hands on is the Bat Cat Gargoyle. It’s been very elusive so far! ๐Ÿ˜ก

Anonymous

bodine6127 wrote:

Kalandra wrote:

plus one ๐Ÿ˜€
                        Hahaha yes, I didnt add that one!

1. I started collecting in about 1987 with the peacock male from a shop in Old Sacramento and then the Ki-rin family. Then I stopped collecting for about 20 years, then started up again in about 2007.
                        2. I have about 395 pieces possibly a few more, it’s hard to keep track. I have 11 big display cases in my office and they are not quite filled.
                        3. I like so many of my pieces I have trouble choosing 1 favorite piece. I am proud of my tiger cub (Windstone found him in a box of broken Windstones, put him back together and I bought him from ebay. He’s the only evidence that Windstone ever made any tigers.) I am very attached to my first Windstone, the peacock male which was given to me by my best friend for Christmas in 1987. (He was killed in an auto accident the following year so I have a special connection with that one) I have 13 oriental suns I enjoy a lot, also the 23 males and 25 curls. The best one of my 8 OW’s is the fire and ice done for the raffle for DDVM and bought from the winner. He’s all turquoise and lavender with gold accents. I love the cats (70 of all kinds)and I really enjoy the wizard’s retreat and the two grimalkin cats, the violet flame and the autumn green. When they are lit up, they are spectacular! Every one of the pieces I have I really enjoy looking at. My least favorite that I own is the poad, I just don’t get it. *ducking my head to avoid flying objects being thrown by poad enthusiasts* ๐Ÿ˜€ I bought it to see what all the fuss was about and I still don’t get it. ๐Ÿ˜• i also am not fond of gargoyles in general (although I like the woodlore wizard), and the rock dragons. I have the quagga family that I also like a lot and all the hoofers except the black foal pegasus which I am on the hunt for.
                        4. I would like to complete the collection of pegasuses (pegasi?) with the black foal pegasus and the last 2 castles, I have 5 of the 7, and the copper patina emperor which I missed. I would love to have a male dragon in those Mardigras colors, and one like the February raffle prize. I LOVE those bright combination of colors.
                        I hope this year to learn to post pictures on the forum. I tried twice and they were a disaster. The last one was so bad Jennifer had to lock the thread! So I haven’t tried again until I learn to do it properly and well. There is a lot more about the collection, but not now.

Nicole
                        Participant

There hasn’t been a copper patina emperor yet. Did you mean rising spectral? The emperor would look really good with all his rough scales though… and im not even a fan of that coloration ๐Ÿ˜€ ( He should have those sparkly eyes though ๐Ÿ˜€ )

Bodine
                          Participant

drgnlvr that is an ultimate collection…wow Congrats ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                            Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

How long have you been collecting? I’ve beem lusting after Windstones since the early/mid-90s, but only got my first piece last June (2009)
                            How many do you have? I have 5, a male peacock and a male, mother, hatching, and young green (all of the greens need repairs, as soon as I’m confident of my skill with magic scupt)
                            What is your favorite piece in your collection? Sculpt-wise, the mother dragon, color-wise, my peacock male.
                            Anything really special you want but do not have yet? Soooo many things! Kirins and flap cats and the circle of cats candle lamp, and more dragons and… yeah…

Skigod377
                            Participant

How long have you been collecting? I had two from my brother for several years, but then started buying again in 2001.

How many do you have? ~ I do not know… I have bought some since I came here and bought and sold since I moved (and have not unpacked all of them) so I dont know how many I have right now.

What is your favorite piece in your collection? I think it is still the pink scratcher, but that may be because I have not seen my pink SK yet… we shall see. ๐Ÿ™‚

Anything really special you want but do not have yet? I am looking for an old green fledge, but right now, I want a female uni in some kind of appaloosa pattern. Or maybe baby unis in an appaloosa color.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 98 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.