fbpx

How long and how many?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone How long and how many?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

I had a couple pieces before I joined the Forum, but didn’t officially start collecting until around October of last year. I have about 60 pieces now, mostly retired (except for Midas the Gold Emperor that I got free for referring and the Black Gold Coileds), and some limited productions (and the limited edition #2 Calico Flap Cat).

I don’t feel like I need to own many of the current pieces because I can see them when I sell them at conventions — and I can go into my store stock and take them out of their boxes and look at them whenever I want. πŸ˜€

KoishiiKitty
      Participant

well i did see my first dragon almost 10 years ago…..but was not able to start collecting until just last year! I currently have 16 with 2 more on the way..and 4 pyo’s I am keeping.
        thanx to every one who has traded with me!!!

keschete
        Participant

I have been collecting since I was about 16 or 17 and I am 37 now…so 20 years…

I have an original Black Griffin, the Flion, Brown and Peacock Males, Peacock female, Orientals in Peacock…White coiled mother, etc. Until this year, I had about 20 pieces.

I now have 103 pieces and most of them are either retired or limited production and signed pieces.

ummm at this moment?..i have 37 peices(i think) been collecting for a little over a year and a half..been wanting them since i was 12 but my mother always glared at me and said no whenever i wanted one.><

Pam

I have been collecting since I was 8 years old. So for 13 years I have collected. About one piece a year. I have a total of 17 pieces, with #18 on the way.

Megan
            Participant

Hmm… over the span of ten or so years I have acquired to date: 13 dragons, 8 misc. candle lamps/production pieces, and 4 PYO’s.

My story is similar to a lot on here, falling in love with them at a young age and then eBay and/or finding the Forum kickstarted the addiction again πŸ˜†

darjeb
              Participant

I purchased the brown male and female in 1986 after seeing a friend’s set. I got the youth and hatching brown in 1989. I have mostly the emperors and fledglings which are my favorites along with all the curlies. I had 35 when I joined the Forum in April 2007 and now have 69 . Windstones are addictive.

Jasmine
                Participant

I’ve been collecting for about 15 years…wow, has it really been that long?? Man I feel old. I started with the peacock family…which I still need to finish. Just counted them, 33 and 2 or 3 more really soon.

Bob

DROGO wrote:

I wonder if ANYONE has all the production pieces. How many regular production pieces has been produced?

too many to know about

I’m one of the old timers here! I have been collecting almost since the beginning of Windstone time. July of 1988 I bought the Brown Male and Female. now mother, but lost them in a house fire. Windstones have ALWAYS been one of my true loves so when I could I started back up again and got the Brown and Green Emperor’s right after they retired.
                    I’m now at about 76 pieces almost all dragons (my true LOVE). I still need to get some on display. I’m also looking for a Windstons rock business card holder (I think it’s called) in mint condition if anyone has or finds one

Bob

dragonmedley wrote:

Hmmm… Windstone collector might. She has a LOT! Dragon Master may also have most of the dragon production pieces. Check the Show your collection threads.

I only have the family’s. Emperor, Male, Mother, Fledgling,Young and Hatchling. I have 1 OW and 2 Hatching Empresses in the 23kt gold leaf. I have also added the Curls but we still need a few of those. I was not able to get all the coiled. I wonder how many are out there in the Dragon line??

wolflodge100
                      Participant

I have been collecting since 1989. I just did a list on the computer from memory and I think I have 187 😯 plus a few PYO πŸ˜†

Jasmine
                        Participant

Oy, I hope to get that many one day. Really do need a bigger house first though. We’re looking at moving in the next year or so because we really have run out of room for all our stuff…doesn’t help that I have over 1500 books too.

Starbreeze
                          Participant

I was given my first Windstone, the brown hatcher, in 1988/89, shortly followed by the small black wizard. I now have 114 production/limited Windstones and 38 PYOs. πŸ˜‰

wolflodge100
                            Participant

I bet I know who painted alot of those PYO πŸ˜†

Starbreeze
                              Participant

Probably!! πŸ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.