fbpx

Hey Ski!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Andrea
    Participant

That’s a great way to approach life.

What’s even better is knowing that you are where you are in life because of what you lived through. So while my childhood sucked, I would have never met my DH if I hadn’t lived through it!

Skigod377
      Participant

Ok… im pretty good with acronyms, but what is DH?

Also, here is a place where you can watch the trailer for the movie I was talking about.
        http://www.godgrewtiredofus.com/ecard/

Andrea
        Participant

Hah! I know something you don’t know!

DH= Dear Husband.
          DS= Dear Son
          DD= Dear Daughter

dragonmedley
          Participant

skigod377 wrote:

That is indeed a wise man. I was just thinking about the movie/documentary coming out about the 3 men from Africa (?) that had nothing. They had to walk to escape killing and they were picked out of many to come to the states to see how they would react to America and how America would react to them. One of the things one of the guys said was something like: Americans have everything here. They have food and homes and still they always want more more more. It kinda made me realize how lucky I was. I have felt blessed for a long time, but these guys made me really appriciate stuff like running water and tv.

We were in Cuba over the holidays. We’re not the type to stay in the hotel, but to around and visit, so we saw how Cubans live. Trust me, we’re rich, all of us!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

So true! I realized that when I visited Malaysia many years ago (that was my first trip outside of the US). Seeing how a lot of those people lived made me appreciate things a lot more.

Phoenix wrote:

What’s even better is knowing that you are where you are in life because of what you lived through.

I totally agree, and that’s another thing that I try to remember when things get me down.

Phoenix wrote:

So while my childhood sucked, I would have never met my DH if I hadn’t lived through it!

Its really funny how things work out, huh? I’ve thought very much the same thing. While I sometimes wish I could go back and undo various things in my life, my boyfriend and I would never have met if things didn’t happen as they did.

Andrea
            Participant

Exactly Mimi!
              It took awhile, but I realized a while ago that everything does happen for a reason. Garth Brook’s song “The Dance” says it perfectly.

So Mimi, what in your name?

SPark
              Participant

mimitrek wrote:

Its really funny how things work out, huh? I’ve thought very much the same thing. While I sometimes wish I could go back and undo various things in my life, my boyfriend and I would never have met if things didn’t happen as they did.

I know how that goes. I had a situation where I was dating two guys, and had started to feel kinda serious about both of them. But as the US doesn’t allow bigamy, (and as they were both a little jealous,) I kinda had to choose. ๐Ÿ™‚

I chose wrong. So totally, utterly wrong, and I suffered a lot because of it. And yet I know that if I’d chosen the right guy first, I’d never have been totally happy, because at the back of my mind I’d have always had the thought, whenever something went wrong, that maybe the other guy was better. I had to find out just how awful he was, so that I can be content with what I have. Luckily enough after my screw-up the guy I didn’t chose at first was still willing to be with me. He’d had a rough time of it too, but it was worth it to have the relationship we have now.

Andrea
                Participant

SPark wrote:

mimitrek wrote:

I know how that goes. I had a situation where I was dating two guys, and had started to feel kinda serious about both of them. But as the US doesn’t allow bigamy, (and as they were both a little jealous,) I kinda had to choose. ๐Ÿ™‚

I chose wrong. So totally, utterly wrong, and I suffered a lot because of it. And yet I know that if I’d chosen the right guy first, I’d never have been totally happy, because at the back of my mind I’d have always had the thought, whenever something went wrong, that maybe the other guy was better. I had to find out just how awful he was, so that I can be content with what I have. Luckily enough after my screw-up the guy I didn’t chose at first was still willing to be with me. He’d had a rough time of it too, but it was worth it to have the relationship we have now.

I must be hormonal… You made me tear up! It’s truely a great thing to find someone who loves you and you love back.
                  I need to go hug my husband!
                  Good night.

SPark
                  Participant

Awww. Yeah, I’m very lucky to have my guy.

Phoenix wrote:

Exactly Mimi!
                    It took awhile, but I realized a while ago that everything does happen for a reason. Garth Brook’s song “The Dance” says it perfectly.

Mos def! And Garth Brook’s song “The River” sums life up pretty well. ๐Ÿ™‚

Phoenix wrote:

So Mimi, what in your name?

Eh? If you mean the “trek” part, I’m a huge Star Trek fan. ๐Ÿ˜€

Andrea
                    Participant

Duh, trek. What series? Original? I love The Next Generation. Mmmm. Jon Luc…”Make it so”. Yes sir!

Oops…Nevermind!

Hubby is a Trekker too. I swear he can see 30 seconds of an episode and tell you what happens, who gets killed, and who Captain Kirk is going to hook up with!

Skigod377
                      Participant

I still think CPT Kirk is a perv.

Andrea
                        Participant

Agreed! He’s creepy.

Maria
                          Participant

Phoenix wrote:

Hubby is a Trekker too. I swear he can see 30 seconds of an episode and tell you what happens, who gets killed, and who Captain Kirk is going to hook up with!

Is that series so predictable?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.