fbpx

Here we go again…and again….and again.

Home Forums Miscellany Community Here we go again…and again….and again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Laurie
    Participant

Hi, I know I haven’t been on here much, but I did want everyone to know I’m alive.
      I’ve been stuck doing the overnights at my job and not seeing the daylight is killing me. I seem to be tired all the time and don’t feel like doing anything. Shoot, I haven’t even done my Christmas cards or sent them out yet and don’t know if I will. ๐Ÿ™
      Everything seems to be so wearing right now. I found out a dear friend is terminal and I can’t even go see her because I have a cold.
      Yesterday I had to take my doggie Emma to the vet and found out she has a torn ligament in her knee and really needs surgery I can’t afford. I have an old horse I can’t keep any weight on and I’m just plain worn out. Hopefully next year will look up a bit.
      Okay, sorry for my whining and Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I’m sorry your year is turning out so badly. 2012 seems to have been awful for a lot of people… I’m very sorry to hear about your friend. (hugs)

And working nights sucks! I did it once, and hated it – heck even in the winter now, going to work when it’s dark, then going home in the dark gets depressing after a while.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to you as well!

SOrry for the tough times Laurie, I found out a few weeks back that a very close family friend had a brain tumour, they have done 2 surgeries and believe it to be resolved now, but we still have to wait to see. Then 2 weeks ago we found out that my husbands aunt has been given 3 months to live due to colon cancer, that it turns out she has been battling for like 4 years. (((hugs)))

As for your pup with the ACL, i had 2 TPLO surgeries done on Gage and am very happy with the results, but had he only torn one at a time, not both I would have looked at this http://tiggerpoz.com/id3.html i have a friend who did this with her German Shepherd 2 years ago and she is about 80% now. Luna runs and plays with the other dogs, they mostly have to be careful with letting her run and play if the ground is slippery or wet, it might be worth a try before stressing about the money for the surgery.

Laurie
      Participant

Thank you, will definitely read that. Emma has the CCL. Right now she’s doing the rimadyl and tramadol. I had to cut down the dosage tho. She wanted her to do 150 mg of the Rim, and 200 mgs of the tram twice a day. Well last night she just sat there and stared off into space, not drowsy or lethargic, the word was zoned. I was so worried but I couldn’t watch her because I had to go to work. She was better this morning but she had the shakes. The Doc and I decided to skip the Tram this morning and only give 100 mg twice a day. She just doesn’t do well on it I guess. Much better tonight tho.
        And Dragon, I hate these night shifts, plus I have all my critters to take care of, I don’t sleep well during the day because I have things I need to do, and my hubby does days, so that’s a problem since I can’t sleep at night on my days off because I’m on a differnt clock. Oh just BAH.

Hubby and i did that for the better part of 7 years! Sadly I still sleep better alone, and during the day LOL.

Gage was on Metacam for one surgery and Duramaxx for the second surgery, they just didnt have enough when we had his second knee in stock to send home with us, and we live 5 hours away form the clinic so he got Duramaxx, thankfully he never had problems on either.

dragonmedley
        Participant

Hugs!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

LadyFirebird
          Participant

Sorry to hear about all your troubles and the troubles your fur babies are having. So hard to take care of them and work–you worry but you have no choice. I certainly do hope things start to get better for you. I don’t see a lot of people I used to see on this forum and I guess that they’re battling their own woes. Sending warm thoughts your way..

Tara
            Participant

I hear you on the dark thing. I’m getting up and am at work before the sun rises and only see the sun for a for a little bit before it’s dark by 5pm. I recently started using a sunrise/dawn alarm clock. It’s seems to be helping wake up easier/faster and feel less tired during the day(when I get enough sleep). The lamp simulates a sunrise by slowly turning on a light telling your body it’s time to wake up. Mine can also simulate sunset to tell your body it’s time to sleep. Blue light(S.A.D) Lamps can also help with depression caused by lack of sunlight. These lamps have several names but what they do is produce bright(“daylight”) light which helps make up for lost sunlight exposure. Obviously nothing beats natural sunlight but maybe light therapy will help with the depression(tired, don’t want to do anything, etc.). Hope things start improving for you.

Setsunawolf
              Participant

Hugs. Hope things get better. Sorry to hear about your pup.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                Sun Dragon Koi #3

Grayfire_artz
                Participant

*hugs* I’m really sorry, even one of these things would not be easy to deal with ๐Ÿ™

Trava
                  Participant

Having done the night thing, I feel like offering some advice (which you can cheerily ignore if you have tried these things ๐Ÿ™‚ )

Earplugs- I found that one of the things that kept me awake during the day was day time noises. Wearing earplugs to bed really helped.

Eyemask- Unless you have black-out curtains on every opening to your room light will seep in. Even a little sunlight can keep you awake or keep your sleep from being as deep. A nice (read padded- I got mine from Target) eyemask will keep the light off of your eyelids and help you get the restful sleep you so dearly need.

Christine
                    Participant

Oh boy I know exactly how you feel, in a pretty similar situation myself. Hugs for you. The dips in life, when you’re tired and weary, don’t last forever. It sounds trite, but it’s always true after a little bit. Be patient and tough. You can do it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Laurie
                      Participant

ha, add 4 more. All nights, less hours, more taxes and kitty with megacolon. Yep, I can handle all this. I’m tough. AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH

dragonmedley
                        Participant

Big, huge, fuzzy hugs…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

twindragonsmum
                          Participant

ha, add 4 more. All nights, less hours, more taxes and kitty with megacolon. Yep, I can handle all this. I’m tough. AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH

You can do hard things. You rock chica! luvs ya!

twindragonsmum

tdm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.