fbpx

Here we go again…and again….and again.

Home Forums Miscellany Community Here we go again…and again….and again.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Laurie
    Participant

loveses you two too. πŸ˜‰

darjeb
      Participant

I am sorry to hear about all your troubles is there anything I can do to help?

Laurie
        Participant

I am sorry to hear about all your troubles is there anything I can do to help?

No Hun. But thank you so much for the offer. πŸ˜‰

Laurie
          Participant

My dog Emma was wheezing and breathing heavy and figured she had a URI, ha, well think again. She has a growth on her larynx that is benign (atypical is what was said), but not cancer. welllllll, it’s cutting off her air, etc. as it grows and will eventually strangle her, so she’ll be going into surgery Monday. She actually should have been scoped, but I’ve been getting the run around with that from other vets Consultations, etc. cause doc doesn’t have one and Alan and I want this done asap. I’d like my dog to be able to breath not suffer, thank you very much. I asked Doc if she could do it without the scopeing and she said she thought so, couldn’t guarantee it of course but she seems pretty confident so we’re going for it. Pray it’s growing on a stem and not too much in the tissue so that the surgery is short and easy. $650.00 this go round plus the $420.00 Tuesday for the exam, xrays and testing. Not too bad all in all, but still more than we can afford, but we have no choice. Sooo there goes getting ahead. lol, well always works that way don’tit. πŸ˜‰ But we’re still plugging along and standing so I guess that’s a good thing.

darjeb
            Participant

I hope 2013 is a better year for you

Laurie
              Participant

Okie Dokie then, You’d think since my job cut me down to 28 hours a week I’d have more time. Not so, seems things just keepa happening. πŸ˜‰
                My Emma did have her surgery, she had soft tissue Sarcoma. It usually happens on the surface but for some weird reason her’s was on her throat. They had to go thru the palate and he thinks he got all of it. He can’t guarrentee it tho unless she goes thru radiation ( yeah, right. Can’t even afford that for me)
                So Miss Emma goes to my regular vet visits once a month to make sure it doesn’t come back. It probably will, but maybe we still have bunches of time.
                OH, and BTW, the only way I could afford the surgery was because I applied for something called Care Credit. It’s a credit card thru GECB for medical expenses since most vets, docs, etc. don’t do payments anymore. Can’t say I blame them really tho. Care Credit is good for vet bills, dentists, chiropractors, etc. if they accept it. Is a good thing to look into if you need to do something like this. It’s also a revolving card and each time you use it a first time at a place you have 6 months interest free. Anyone who needs a little help, might want to check into it. As soon as Emma’s bill is paid I can get my teeth fixed and maybe look like a person again. πŸ™‚
                I’m trying to go for an assistant manager position at my job now because the hours don’t pay so well even with my raise, so wish me luck with that.
                I’ve been into raising heritage turkeys for a long time and a month ago a couple fox, foxes? decided to take a female. My Regent, the male was upset, but I was lucky enough to find him another girlie, a Narragansett, to pull his dangly (it’s called a snood. hehe) well 2 days ago the fox, we know it is now, dug under 2 fences to get her too. The last 2 days has been seriously redoing the pen so those %x2!!!$ don’t get anymore of my birds!!! I was lucky enough to get at least one fertile egg from her, hopefully 2, so my Regent won’t be lonely again. I’ll just take a while. So that’s been what’s happening with me. Just thought I’d check in. πŸ™‚

dragonmedley
                Participant

Hugs!!!!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

LadyFirebird
                  Participant

I have Care Credit and it really helps! Sometimes, when your bill is really high like in the $1000s, they can give you up to a year to pay it off interest free. I may have mentioned Care Credit to you at one time but I’m glad you got it–it really, really helps.

Sorry about all your troubles with fur babies and such and good luck in getting that assistant manger position!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.