fbpx

Help !My tree trimmer stained my Lions

Home Forums Miscellany Community Help !My tree trimmer stained my Lions

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

I think you misunderstood–I said there was something that was like Simple Green, but was colorless–it’s called Greased Lightning. I didn’t want you to put Simple Green on it because I was afraid they would turn Green. :shout: :shout: But that will probably wash off also. But try the Greased Lightning–Maybe that will take the Simple Green off, as well as the other stains. I hope

Pegasi1978
    Participant

Treat mold and mildew stained areas with a bleach solution, or with a pressure washer. Add a quart of laundry bleach to a gallon of cold water and pour over dark areas of mildew stains. Wear latex gloves and eye protection when cleaning with bleach solutions. Rinse the treated area thoroughly with a hose or pressure washer.

Finish off any stubborn stains with a solution of muriatic acid (hydrochloric acid). Buy a gallon jug at the hardware store and use very carefully. It’s a strong acid. Fill a bucket with a gallon of cold water and slowly add about a quart of muriatic acid. Wear rubber gloves and eye protection, and avoid breathing any fumes coming off the bucket. Make sure your hose is ready for rinsing, then carefully pour the acid solution on stained areas. The muriatic will be strong enough to remove most types of stains, and dissolve some of the lime in the cement; so let it work for a few seconds and start rinsing thoroughly. Avoid brushing, which may spread the acid around where you don’t want it. Hose down until there are no residues left.

Tips & Warnings
      ~If you have access to a pressure washer, use it as a final wash after you have treated individual stains as outlined above.
      ~Never add water to acid because of the danger of fumes, heat or splashing liquids. To dilute an acid, always pour the acid carefully into water.
      ~Always wear protective clothing, gloves and eye protection when handling acids, alkalis or solvents.

Could that acid crack or break down the cement? :shrug:

Pegasi1978
      Participant

The muriatic acid is more of a last ditch effort to take. If she goes that route it definately needs to be diluted and then tested in an inconspicuous place.

Another option is to go to a hardware store and talk to some of the people there for ideas on how to clean the lions.

I would think the place she bought them from would know how to clean them…Maybe she should call them before trying the acid. We used to use it on the ambulance barn floors to get the really nasty stuff off, but they were machine finished at a high temperature and not porous. I bet her lions are more porous. Or perhaps google search how to get stains off of cement? I find alot of good stuff on google. 😳

Pegasi1978
        Participant

Google search is where I found muriatic acid (aside from my dad mentioning it for cleaning driveway cement).

windstonefan
          Participant

All is fine. πŸ™‚ It actually got allot of the stain off! πŸ˜€ It was simple green but this was from the dollar store. I forgot I had it this stuff! It is the color of lavender. Didn’t leave a color at all! Actually now it just looks like he is antiqued. The other one is clean now. Still going to try something else and then just leave him alone. Just think I was thinking of skipping the concrete step job and having this guy do it. Not going to do that. After this great tree job –me thinks another mess would be waiting for me to clean up!! 😑 I can make my own messes thank you. :spank: Think the job is mine again. But he almost had me–till the tree job!

windstonefan

Ok, I take it back, my mention of Simple Green was a good idea then! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
            no seriously, I just referenced it, because of something that cleans like it, but was NOT GREEN, but apparently you found some that wasn’t! Glad it worked out for you, now the weather should take care of all the rest~ πŸ˜€

I honestly read the title of this thread the first time as “stained my loins” :X

XD XD XD

twindragonsmum
            Participant

*SNORK* …stained my loins XD

twindragonsmum XD

tdm

you have the funniest laugh twindragonsmum! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Guffaw! πŸ˜†

LadyFirebird
              Participant

If that were the case, I guess you could definitely skip the acid cleaner! OwOwOwOwOwOwOwOwOwOw :shout: :shout: :shout: Now I have to come up with my own unique laught!

purpledragonclaw
                Participant

Congrats on getting them cleaned, windstonefan! I’ll bet the way one looks now, like it’s been antiqued, is a nice touch!

windstonefan
                  Participant

sunhawk wrote:

I honestly read the title of this thread the first time as “stained my loins” :X

That is too funny! πŸ˜€ And I would do this I am dislexic ? Can’t see or spell either! But a second spay of the Simple purple green almost got it all! Thanks everyone! πŸ˜€

windstonefan

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.