fbpx

***HELP! 2 MISSING PYO KEEPER DRAGONS – 12/13/2011 FOUND!!!! THANKS ***

Home Forums Miscellany Community ***HELP! 2 MISSING PYO KEEPER DRAGONS – 12/13/2011 FOUND!!!! THANKS ***

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    siberakh1
    Participant

12/13/20111 UPDATE: FOUND!!! Received an email from the recipient that both dragons arrived safely (despite the outside package being damaged and leaking peanuts) at their destination in Canada! The package was never scanned or stamped by any post office or any customs office! Thanks SO MUCH for your help everyone, or at least listening to me freak out! I really do appreciate it!

I’ll move the image pictures to my pyo gallery thread in the next day or two.

————

OK, I need the assistance of some of your eyes, if you could be so kind.

I recently completed painting 2 keeper pyos, one was commission, the other was a straight out sale, for someone I have painted other windstones for. I mailed them out on Saturday, December 3 from the West Ave., Saratoga Springs, NY post office zip code 12866 (since mine decided to close early with no notice that day *grrrr*). This was between about 1:10pm and 1:45pm. The dragons were boxed up and being shipped Priority International to Canada. I printed the label through the USPS website. Whenever I send a package, particularly one that contains something fragile or worth more than a few dollars, I keep track of it.

My mom mailed my pyo swap piece to dragonmedley in Canada on Monday. When I noticed that had reached Customs in NYC and was already on it’s way out of the country, I felt something wasn’t right that the box I mailed on Saturday still didn’t even show on the USPS tracking (or any website) as having been received by the Postal Service, just that a printing label had been printed. My mom, after speaking several times morning. He was VERY thorough, helpful, and quick and looked for my package. He called back later in the afternoon to notify my mom that he had reported the package and the issue to the main office in Albany, NY for internal investigation. So, in short, we think the package may have been stolen from WITHIN the post office or at the very least, while it was in their care, since it was never scanned by them. Needless to say, I am beyond pissed about this and I am preparing to order new blanks next week to replace them for my commissioner at no cost if I don’t hear back from the postal service with good news sometime this week.

I will be calling some local pawn shops on Monday, just in case. If people could help keep an eye out on EBay and Craigslist, I would greatly appreciate the help! If it was someone local, the likely areas to look in would be:

Albany
      Glens Falls
      Hudson valley

Not as likely, but possible:
      Catskills
      Oneonta
      Plattsburgh-Adirondacks
      Western Massachusetts (I’m about 1 hour from the MA border)
      Vermont (since I’m less than an hour from Vermont)

They would be posted no earlier than Dec. 3rd, 2011, since that is when they were last seen.

I will update with any new information as I have it. Thank you for any and all help! I put a lot of work into these and the value they were sold for isn’t pocket change.

“Sea Breeze” #1

Photobucket
      Photobucket

“Tiger Swallowtail” #1

Photobucket
      Photobucket

More photos posted below…

siberakh1
      Participant

more photos of “Sea Breeze” #1

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

siberakh1
        Participant

more photos of “Tiger Swallowtail” #1

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Adaneth
          Participant

How awful, I sure hope they get found! 🙁

I will keep a look out! I am sure they will come up soon! If they are shipped to Canada, it may be worth checking the canada post office website…

briteblades
            Participant

That’s awful. I had a package stolen within the post office, and when that happens, everyone puts their heads in the sand. Nothing gets done it seems!

Maybe it slipped through without being scanned? Again that’s happened to me. When I inquired about that, the post office said it’s ‘delivery confirmation’ and shouldn’t be used as accurate tracking. Which doesn’t really make sense when it’s supposed to be scanned in all the places.
              I hope it’s the latter and the pyo shows up eventually!

Trava
              Participant

If you have the receipts, the pieces were insured, and they don’t show up, you should be able to get your money back for them. Not a lot of consolation.

Jennifer
                Keymaster

Oh no! I am so sorry. This is why I have started to go out of my way to make sure my expensive packages are scanned when I drop them off, so I at least have proof that the Post Office has possession of them. It’s not much help, internationally, though… because you can’t get insurance unless you ship via one of the really expensive methods. 🙁

Sometimes things slip through without being scanned, though. There is still hope!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

OMG!!! Noo!!! You have got to be kidding me! WTF seriously!! I hope you find them Bri and whoever caused this is held responsible! It sucks so MUCH dealing with the post office on these issues! Believe me I know!!! They will string you along for weeks and WEEKS but don’t loose all hope. If you keep on them and are RELENTLESS they WILL look into it, but you have to haunt them on a daily basis. Even when they say *call back in a week* Call the next day and the next and the next!! KEEP ON THEM!!!! It’s aggrivating and you want to break something, but if you aren’t constantly on them nothing will get done!

I will keep an eye out online, but yes, check all the pawn shops, flea markets, craigs list and whatever else you can think of. I had to make that trip around town before and even though I came up empty you might not! If you do find them, keep in mind it is illegal for pawn shops to buy stolen merchandise, so the situation has to be handled delicately. Try and take a photo of your property at the location BEFORE you tell someone in charge about the situation. Then you will have some kind of proof to show police if things don’t go well.

Hopefully they just slipped through the cracks somehow and are going to be delivered normally and just weren’t scanned properly because of the hectic holiday season.

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Carolyn
                    Participant

That is horrible . No wonder the post office is in trouble . They lose packages .

Skeeterdeee
                      Participant

Maybe it slipped through without being scanned? Again that’s happened to me. When I inquired about that, the post office said it’s ‘delivery confirmation’ and shouldn’t be used as accurate tracking. Which doesn’t really make sense when it’s supposed to be scanned in all the places.
                        I hope it’s the latter and the pyo shows up eventually!

This has happened to me A LOT. The package seemed to fall off the face of the Earth then out of the blue the tracking picked up again. Give it another week or so, it may still be moving. I really hope that’s the case, a lot of love goes into PYOs that can’t simply be replaced.

Misty
                        Participant

I hope they turn up for you. *fingers crossed* that they just didn’t get scanned properly and will show up later, but I will keep my eyes open on ebay and such. Chin up, there is hope yet!

siberakh1
                          Participant

Thanks everyone! I really do appreciate it! I’m going to give the PO a week or so to investigate and see if they come up with anything. I’ll be contacting the guy who was very helpful tomorrow to see who I can speak with in Albany to keep up with this. I can even tell them within a half hour time frame as to when I dropped the box off as well. If someone did steal it and the box isn’t just laying around the Post office, I hope they catch the thief (tampering with the mail in any way, including theft, is a federal offense after all).

I’ve been checking through Canada Post as well. I check through track trace, which pulls from most international shipping methods and countries, since I’m used to sending international and receiving things from overseas through EMS. It’s a no show and I’ve already sent an item out to Canada 3 days later from the same post office, but it went through Customs in NYC and Canada and has since been received by it’s recipient. This one still is MIA without a trace. No scan of any sort, not even receipt from the post office. I’ve had things disappear off the grid before, but not completely like this.

Unfortunately, insurance isn’t possible on this one, due to the fact that it was marked gift and below value (the commissioner wanted to avoid getting smacked with a hefty customs fee). Not usually a huge issue for me on pyos, but if this package doesn’t appear, I’m going to be soaking up replacement costs (new blanks and another approx. $37 in shipping). (;_;) *cries*

I may have to just say that I will either no longer mark down any windstone packages, or at least mark a value that will cover replacement blanks (in the case of pyos) at the very least. Jennifer, that is a good idea and I will definitely be doing that in the future on any packages like this that I send out. I even had thought of it too, but didn’t think it would be an issue, since I’ve never had a problem like this before.

I’m waiting on a box that was supposed to be arriving last Thursday, the tracking on it has it received on the 1st, & nothing on it since, according to the information available, it is still sitting in NJ. I am hoping it shows up tomorrow. And the Post Office wonders why no one is using them to ship things anymore. I think we have good reason at this point.

My husband had some of his books from back home in Canada shipped here, they got lost in customs, they killed the box address & all. We got a notice saying hey we know you have a box here, what was in it, we’ll see if we can find it. We gave them a pretty complete list of what should have been in the box, 4 months later they write us back saying the box can’t be found. My husband lost about $400 in books, we have slowly been replacing them.

Kyrin

Kujacker
                            Participant

I’m waiting on a box that was supposed to be arriving last Thursday, the tracking on it has it received on the 1st, & nothing on it since, according to the information available, it is still sitting in NJ. I am hoping it shows up tomorrow. And the Post Office wonders why no one is using them to ship things anymore. I think we have good reason at this point.

I had an issue when I bought some manga from Japan. I was never notified that the books were in my post office ready to be picked up. Only when I checked the Japanese tracking site did I find this out. I waited over a month without the post office ever contacting me about it. When I found out the books were in my post office for over a month, I went down to the post office myself and inquired about them. Their answer was “well you were suppose to get notified” and that was it. They clearly don’t always make the effort to inform you of things. I wonder if they ever would have!
                              So I’d go to your post office (with tracking number) and see if the package is just sitting around and was never scanned.

Siberakh, I really hope it’s just an error in the system 🙁 I’ve had tracking numbers say that packages had been delivered to the wrong state (then delivered to the correct state). I’ve had tracking number say that the packages had been delivered back in the town the package was originally mailed from (again, then scanned as being correctly delivered). I’ve also had tracking numbers only show “acceptance”** and nothing else until suddenly it’s been delivered.
                              That “tracking” system really isn’t very good when it comes to USPS.

**I always use a machine when sending things in the states. I’m bad about going out in the sunlight (I hate the sun so I avoid it like the plague), so if I’m sending to the states I can use my post offices 24/7 machine to mail anything. The “acceptance” is only showing that the label was printed by the machine. Even if it was never mailed, it would still show “acceptance”. So in other words, it’s as good as nothing.

Also, any time I’ve sent things to Canada, I was told I couldn’t get tracking… so I didn’t know they could be tracked. How do you get tracking on international packages? (or maybe the post office workers are just lazy and lie about it so they don’t have to push 2 extra buttons and attach another label).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.