fbpx

Heartbroken no more, my OW's finally home!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Heartbroken no more, my OW's finally home!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 109 total)
  • Author

Don’t feel too bad, I’m out $3200 because of internet fraud.

Maria
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜ฏ That’s awful news, Lyo!

Greater Basilisk wrote:

๐Ÿ˜ฏ That’s awful news, Lyo!

Yeah, so no more new Windstones for a while -_-

choebe
      Participant

LyoMoonheart wrote:

Ouch. : (

WolfenMachine
        Participant

Wow, Choebe, what a snake that guy is! I too will definatly keep an eye out for one for you. But I think your best bet would be to call all the stores in your province listed on Windstone’s dealer page, and if you still can’t find one, keep prowling around ebay. Maybe you’ll get lucky and score a prototype OW for what you would have paid in the store. (Optimisim never hurt anyone!)

choebe wrote:

Last month, while killing some time in the city, I wandered into a gift shop and was shocked to see that they had a peacock Old Warrior in one of their display cases. This is pretty much the one dragon I’ve had my heart set on owning since I first discovered Windstone, but since they were retired, I thought I’d lost my chance. I decided to ask one of the people working there about possibly putting it on hold, and was told I could make a down payment in any amount I chose, and make payments until it was paid off. I couldn’t believe my luck. At the time, I’d just started a new job and hadn’t been paid yet — I actually didn’t wind up getting paid for four weeks, ergh — but I went ahead and made a down payment of all that I could afford, a whole $7. I was assured that this would be okay, and that no one would touch my dragon until I came to take him home.

About a week later, I got a phone call from the store asking about the item I’d put on layaway. As far as I knew, they were just calling to confirm that I was still interested, which I definitely was. Well, today I went in to make another payment (since I’m actually earning money now)… and found out that my dragon had been sold. The manager or whatever said he had to make an “executive decision” and never would have agreed to letting me keep him on hold for such a small payment. I was heartbroken. He gave me the $7 back and said he’d try to order another, but since they’re retired, I’m not holding my breath. I actually broke down and cried when we left the store, I was so upset. I can’t understand why he didn’t get in contact with me before selling something that, as far as I knew, was as good as mine. If he really needed me to put more money down, I would have worked something out (my fiance would have been more than happy to spot me the money, ’cause he knew what it meant to me). I think it was a pretty scummy thing to do, and he probably has no understanding of how it made me feel, so I thought I’d share my story with people who are more likely to understand how upset and angry I am.

Also, if any of you have any ideas or suggestions for how I could still get my OW, I’d love to hear ’em. Getting to see one in person just made me want one more.

How about an Emerald? (Since, you know, I can’t afford him now…)

choebe
          Participant

WolfenMachine wrote:

Wow, Choebe, what a snake that guy is! I too will definatly keep an eye out for one for you. But I think your best bet would be to call all the stores in your province listed on Windstone’s dealer page, and if you still can’t find one, keep prowling around ebay. Maybe you’ll get lucky and score a prototype OW for what you would have paid in the store. (Optimisim never hurt anyone!)

I know, I’m so glad I’m not the only one who thought it was a really sleazy move on his part. Venting here made me feel a little better, but last night I found a site where I could post a review of his store. Let me tell you, that felt GOOD.

I’ve had a few offers for peacock Old Warriors since posting here, too, so it looks like I may get my wish after all. I can’t get over how kind all of you are. : )

choebe
            Participant

LyoMoonheart wrote:

How about an Emerald? (Since, you know, I can’t afford him now…)

I really had my heart set on peacock. I’m really sorry you can’t have yours, I know how much it sucks. : (

Barbara
              Participant

LyoMoonheart wrote:

Oh! Bless your heart!

Jasmine
                Participant

LyoMoonheart wrote:

Ouch, that had to hurt *hugs*

Megan
                  Participant

Jasmine wrote:

LyoMoonheart wrote:

Ouch, that had to hurt *hugs*

*more hugs* Obviously people don’t stop for one micro-millisecond to consider that what they are doing to make a quick buck is truly hurting real people out there. Kind of like choebe’s store manager in a way… it’s all about quick money in the pocket over honesty ๐Ÿ™„

Jodi
                    Participant

Unfortunately people out there do realize that what they do to make money sometimes hurts people. They just don’t care. They are just interested in themselves.

I would have never done that, Cheobe. I would have worried about you not coming in and making more payments for two months, but I would have contacted you first. And it wouldn’t have been on display anymore once you put money down on it. It would have been packaged up and set aside for you. That’s the part that I have a hard time with – why they left it on display. ๐Ÿ˜•

wolflodge100
                      Participant

I used to put stuff on layaway at this store that she would leave it on display if she could order another one so people could still see it. She would put a sold tag on the bottem with my name on it. It still worried me though! ๐Ÿ˜†

choebe
                        Participant

emerald212 wrote:

Unfortunately people out there do realize that what they do to make money sometimes hurts people. They just don’t care. They are just interested in themselves.

I would have never done that, Cheobe. I would have worried about you not coming in and making more payments for two months, but I would have contacted you first. And it wouldn’t have been on display anymore once you put money down on it. It would have been packaged up and set aside for you. That’s the part that I have a hard time with – why they left it on display. ๐Ÿ˜•

Actually, when I made the initial deposit, it was put away for me. My best guess is that someone had seen it in there before, noticed it was gone, and asked about it. : /

Bob

I’m so sorry to hear this especially after the weekend of Windstone I had. I was going to say the same thing Emerald jsut said. The OW should have been pulled from stock so no one else would have even known it was ther efor sale. Most of my work experience up till this job was retail and foods and I knwo what costomer servics means. If you do not get one here what is the most you would pay for one??

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 109 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.