fbpx

Heartbroken no more, my OW's finally home!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Heartbroken no more, my OW's finally home!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

That’s lousy of them, Arya. I guess you won’t be shopping there anymore?
      Sorry you missed out on the OW, choebe. I’ll keep my eyes open for you too.

Skigod377
      Participant

Sorry about your OW. That is sad. Welcome to the forums though! 😀

Yeh, so sorry about the OW…it’s kinda weird just horrible luck & timing that someone else suddenly bought it, just after you put your money down on it, since they have been retired for a while… 😥

choebe
        Participant

Arya wrote:

I can sort of understand what you are going through. I was talking to a local antique and curio dealer about them possibly selling Windstones there, since it’s a pain to ship them over the border on my own. After a couple weeks, and after helping a forum member here buy a Rainbow Emperor that the store managed to have laying around from years ago, the store owner said he would place an order. I was so excited, I was trying to decide what piece to get if I was offered an award for getting their business to sell Windstones. I even gave a down payment on a fledgy that I wanted them to order in for me.

…and nothing happened. There was no call, and I waited for 2 months before I went to the store again (mostly because work stopped me from going in any sooner). They had decided not to sell Windstones after all. They saw it as a “poor investment”, and gave me back my money. The killer is, they decided against selling days after I paid them…I don’t think they would have even tried to refund my money if I hadn’t shown up. I’m still upset about it all 👿

Ugh, that’s awful. Keeping your money for two months is just unacceptable.

choebe
          Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Sorry you missed out on the OW, choebe. I’ll keep my eyes open for you too.

Thanks so much. Maybe I will finally get one of my own, someday.

choebe
            Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Sorry about your OW. That is sad. Welcome to the forums though! 😀

Thank you. : )

choebe
              Participant

DROGO wrote:

Yeh, so sorry about the OW…it’s kinda weird just horrible luck & timing that someone else suddenly bought it, just after you put your money down on it, since they have been retired for a while… 😥

I’ve got a hunch that someone had seen it before and came back for it. Seeing that he could make a quick sale, he decided to go ahead, despite my having made arrangements. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to learn that was the case.

People suck.

Oh deary, that really freaking SUCKS!!!! Let me come over there and BITE HIM for you!! *big feathery hugs* Stupid jerk!

Purplecat
                Participant

Arrrrgh!!! I wouldve stangled them with my bare hands! There would be but ashes left of their carcasses!!! Grrrrr!!!! *fangs bared!* 👿

Brian
                  Participant

That sucks. What a Jackass. 👿
                    I hope you get your OW. Don’t give up. I have been collecting for a long time and just started getting the big pieces that I have wanted for so long.

Jasmine
                    Participant

What a b**tard. My mother ran a retail store for over 15 years and she would never have done that, or allowed any of her employees (me included) to do something like that to a customer. If people wanted to put things on lay-a-way, there was a minimum amount (10% of total, which was clearly stated as being non-refundable) but once it was done, she never would have sold it out from under them. If they didn’t pay within 6 monthes, she would have given them a call to tell them that they had one more month before re-stocking the item.

If they’d wanted more down, the manager should have called you right away. And should have notified you if there was another buyer that was interested to give you first option to complete your purchase. That he treated you that way was totally unethical. You might want to report him to the Better Business Bureau.

choebe
                      Participant

sunhawk wrote:

Oh deary, that really freaking SUCKS!!!! Let me come over there and BITE HIM for you!! *big feathery hugs* Stupid jerk!

Please do, Steen! I seriously wish I could have worked up a rage over it while I was still in the store. I was just crushed. : (

choebe
                        Participant

purplecat wrote:

Arrrrgh!!! I wouldve stangled them with my bare hands! There would be but ashes left of their carcasses!!! Grrrrr!!!! *fangs bared!* 👿

I feel that way now. At the time I just felt like crawling into a corner and crying my eyes out. : (

choebe
                          Participant

vapordragon wrote:

That sucks. What a Jackass. 👿
                            I hope you get your OW. Don’t give up. I have been collecting for a long time and just started getting the big pieces that I have wanted for so long.

I hope I will, too. I’ve had a few offers since posting here, one in particular that looks promising. I may get the dragon of my dreams yet. It definitely helps ease the heartache of yesterday just to know that there’s still hope.

choebe
                            Participant

Jasmine wrote:

What a b**tard. My mother ran a retail store for over 15 years and she would never have done that, or allowed any of her employees (me included) to do something like that to a customer. If people wanted to put things on lay-a-way, there was a minimum amount (10% of total, which was clearly stated as being non-refundable) but once it was done, she never would have sold it out from under them. If they didn’t pay within 6 monthes, she would have given them a call to tell them that they had one more month before re-stocking the item.

If they’d wanted more down, the manager should have called you right away. And should have notified you if there was another buyer that was interested to give you first option to complete your purchase. That he treated you that way was totally unethical. You might want to report him to the Better Business Bureau.

Yeah, that’s basically exactly how I feel about it all. I asked a number of times to make sure that we were both clear on the terms of the arrangement, and was repeatedly assured that it would be fine. If the manager decided he didn’t agree to the terms, he should have contacted me about it, not just gone ahead and sold something that I’d been told was as good as mine. It just makes my blood boil.

Times like this, I really have to hold firm to my faith in karma. : /

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 109 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.