fbpx

HATCHING COPPER PATINA EMPRESS

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone HATCHING COPPER PATINA EMPRESS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Syn
    Participant

She is in the store now! I’m in heaven; I love the Hatching Emperors and Empresses.

Lupuslunae
      Participant

I hope they do an emperor too =/ I don’t have a single one of the sculpt

Carolyn
        Participant

Pretty dragon .

WolfenMachine
          Participant

OMG sooo pretty! I love this empress! And the hatcher too-which is amazing because I dont like the hatcher sculpt.

Wampus Dragon
            Participant

I hope they do the whole set.

Kalandra
              Participant

She is very pretty… Is it just me, or should the egg be egg colored?

Kalandra

diane
                Participant

pretty and gone.. next time!

Lupuslunae
                  Participant

I thought having a bronze egg would be awesome, but it just looks off to me. I’ve always loved how “realistic” Windstone dragons are, but the copper patina hatchers certainly look like statues. When I first read they were doing copper patina with colored shells I was so excited, it made me think of the first Anne McCaffrey Pern story I read back in fifth grade where the color and marks on the shell hinted at what color dragon would hatch our of it. But even though the shell is copper patina colored too, I thought it would be differentiated from the dragon somehow, not the same thing.

littleironhorse
                    Participant

She is very pretty… Is it just me, or should the egg be egg colored?

For this particular color, I think that it works.

Syn
                      Participant

I like the egg color on this one. The whole piece is lovely, and it is nice to see something different. I never hesitated when I saw this Empress, just bought it as quickly as I could. I would buy every color Windstone offered, regardless of egg color, but it is nice to see something other than off white.

Melody
                        Keymaster

I thought having a bronze egg would be awesome, but it just looks off to me. I’ve always loved how “realistic” Windstone dragons are, but the copper patina hatchers certainly look like statues. When I first read they were doing copper patina with colored shells I was so excited, it made me think of the first Anne McCaffrey Pern story I read back in fifth grade where the color and marks on the shell hinted at what color dragon would hatch our of it. But even though the shell is copper patina colored too, I thought it would be differentiated from the dragon somehow, not the same thing.

Yup. But I thought we would try it!

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

Awe, they were pretty! I hope you make more <3

Got a busted Windstone?
                            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin
                            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Kujacker
                            Participant

I do NOT like the teal eyes on this color paint job… not at all. So looks like the two original red-eyed orientals will be the only ones I’ll have in this color. Good thing I got those when I did. Looks like red isn’t coming back. Well, saves me future money.

Hannah
                              Participant

I think Melody discussed in another thread how much they despise painting the hatchers simply because the egg needs to stay pristine when they are painting the dragons – I think this was their way of releasing more hatchers to make us happy while simultaneously making them happy too 😀

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                                Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Wampus Dragon
                                Participant

Personally I hope the trend of not-white eggs continues. Like a turquoise hatching emperor out of a blue egg like a robin’s egg.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.