fbpx

Grand Unicorn

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Grand Unicorn

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

She was on not too long ago… Maybe you could try a PM?

Participant

True, but then I would feel like I’m nagging. Hmmm…. ๐Ÿ˜•

Maria
        Participant

I doubt she’s ignoring you, Silver. ๐Ÿ™‚ If she hasn’t seen it at all, you wouldn’t appear to be nagging. Besides, she’s said more than once if she misses a question we should ask again.

Skigod377
          Participant

She probably has just not seen it.

Starbreeze
            Participant

In one of the threads, Chessie said something about them going out of town for two weeks, starting Saturday. I don’t know if that happened or not, but maybe that’s why she hasn’t answered yet.

Bob

With so many posting now I’m sure it’s dfficult to see them all.
                Now I wish I had just stuck with Windstones and collected them all instead of getting sidetracked with the Franklin Mint dragons

Jennifer
                Keymaster

SilverArrow wrote:

Well, I guess Melody has just been busy. I hope she’s not ignoring a question. ๐Ÿ˜•

She wouldn’t ignore you! She was probably just getting ready to head out to Oregon and missed it somehow. ๐Ÿ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

Bob

remember folks Melody does get to take vacations too some time!!

Tiffany
                    Participant

well, to me her inspiration for the grand looks like the paintings of the renaissance and after where they have the wealthy nobles atop their horse, rearing with its mane blowing in the wind all dramatic, showing the nobles’ regalness, status and power. thats what i always assumed. just seems to make sense to me to put the beautful unicorn in the same classic pose to show off his grandeur.
                      hopefully that shows. its napoleon crossing the alps by jacques-louis david. i ALWAYS think of this painting when i look at the grand. when i first saw it i was like oh its just like that horsey from that painting! but then again there are lots of fabulous rearing horseys in the history of art.

Bob

but adding this picture does help you see how well Melody did on her horses

Tiffany
                        Participant

in actuality, this painting has negative connotations interpretation-wise, but it is a good example of classic rearing horse.
                          we all know the tale of napoleon crossing the alps- it was a disaster with all of those soldiers and elephants dying. napoleon here says lets go up to cross the alps, with that pointing finger. the horse rears saying” oh to heck with that, i know whats up there: snow ,cold and death!” the horse knows better, napoleon doesn’t- see that very worried look in the horse’s eye- he know what awaits. the wind blowing them isn’t gentle, its strong and dangerous, like a bad storm is brewing, not a balmy summer breeze. but initially casually looking, like passing by, one may not see that.

Maria
                          Participant

Another sucker beat by the Swiss. Hehe. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Bob

we have too many people that want to rule the world

laphon1
                              Participant

Actually, Napoleon did not have elephants. Now Hannibal, a Carthaginian commander, came up through Iberia, crossed the Pyrenees and the Alps into Northern Italy with war elephants during the Second Punic War with Rome.

DantheDragon
                                Participant

I saw the original painting of that at the Getty. It’s HUUUUUUUGE O.O There’s also a ton of little details that are totally lost when it’s resized and reprinted.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.