fbpx

Grab bag unicorns

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags Grab bag unicorns

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 428 total)
  • Author
    siberakh1
    Participant

All of these guys are so cute, including yours Peg. I agree with Pam… I think he would have looked better with blue eyes. I kind of wish they had placed a one per customer limit on these, but hopefully there will be more for those of us who missed both rounds.

Andrea
      Participant

I had thought about buying 5 of them to pick a couple I liked best and ebay the ones I didn’t like as well.
        SO glad I decided to pass this batch up as it sounds like I would have been tarred and feathered!

I think Windstone’s One Per Customer is more then anyone can expect from a company and is just another thing that makes Windstone so special! They truely care about their stalkers…er… customers! :p
        I do hope Melody makes another batch as they are adorable. Maybe some griffy chicks or other small sculpt would be awesome as well.

Skeeterdeee
        Participant

HOLEY MOLEY!! My hubby ordered one to surprise me and it has metallic BLUE EYES! WHOA! I’ll get some pictures posted after my little ones go to bed tonight.

I LOVE ANYTHING that is offered as a grab bag edition. These are SO MUCH FUN!!
          THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, Miss Melody for doing these!!!!

Lupuslunae
          Participant

Got my baby uni today =D I’m a dragon person, so I was uncertain at first about buying a unicorn, but I’m glad I did. He is also my first signed piece! Now my little thrift store rescue has a friend.

Link to pic, since I still can’t figure out to post a pic embedded in the post
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/54679941@N04/5575026895/

The coloring on his face makes him look like he is wearing a little mask =D I only named my first few dragons, but this guy has a lot of personality, he might get one too.

Syn
            Participant

Congrats, Skeeter. According to Pam, there were only two with blue eyes, so we were the lucky winners. Here are my Grab-Bag Unis. They are pretty little guys in person and well worth the money, Pam. Hopefully (and probably) there will be more; I see several I would like and particularly one in the Appaloosa pattern.

Kujacker
              Participant

I totally understand why they cost what they do, but yes, the price did turn me off… even if I had extra funds.

Lupuslunae
                Participant

So cute Syn! It’s great you got two very different colors. Those blue eyes are darling.

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

Oh! They’re all so CUTE!!!!!!!!!!! *SQUEE*

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Lupuslunae
                    Participant

*Gyyyuuuuu*

Syn
                      Participant

I totally understand why they cost what they do, but yes, the price did turn me off… even if I had extra funds.

I was thinking the price of the regular store Baby Uni was $50, so $65 for a signed, patterned uni seemed pretty good. Since they are $40, I see where you are coming from Kujacker. However, I was also thinking how expensive the eBay Baby Unis are (usually $180-$200, with some going around and over $300). My Grab-Bag Babies are obviously not as complicated at the eBay patterns, but I am quite happy with them when I compare the price to the eBay specials.

Mmloda
                        Participant

LOL! Leigha….I’m not expecting anything, I know you have alot on your plate right now!
                          I just hope that i am around and that I don’t miss them again next time they come up for sale!

Marzena

Syn
                          Participant

Any word whether there will be more any time soon?

moonbeam
                            Participant

I very much hope there will be another batch in the near future because sadly I missed the last ones (stupid time difference).
                              The ones I´ve seen so far are really cute, especially yours, LupusLunae. And there should definately be more blue eyed ones 🙂

Kujacker
                              Participant

For someone that’s about to go bankrupt, everything is too expensive.
                                My biggest problem is what Pegasi is going thru. THIS is why I don’t want to buy one of these. I know I’ll hate the one I get and be out a lot of money. You’re paying an extra $25 just for uncertainty. For me, a person that likes very little in terms of color combos and sculpts and what have you, it’s too much money to gamble.
                                If it was a scupt I loved, like a ki-rin or oriental, then I’m sure my view would change.

Again, I did say that I understood why they were priced how they were. It’s still a turn off regardless.

scenceable
                                Participant

They’re all so cute! I love unicorns, I only bought one because that was all I could afford, but if I could have I would have bought a bunch just to, well, have a bunch! I think quite a few members bought 2 or 3 for that reason, I really don’t think any one person bought like, 20 of them.

I think my favourite is either ghostndragon’s appy or syn’s black and white pinto with blue eyes…so gorgeous! I really like the leopard appaloosa ones, and any with grey and white. Mine isn’t here yet, I can’t wait to get him!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 428 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.