fbpx

Grab bag red foxes?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Grab bag red foxes?

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Ela_Hara
    Participant

etruscan wrote:
      That’s true, but a larger batch and one-per-person might mean that there still are some Grab Bags in the store after the initial chaos. Then people wouldn’t have to be so worried about snatching one as soon as they are available.

Or, of course, the store price could just be set at $750.00 for a small Grab Bag piece (the size of a young Poad or a fox or a baby unicorn) and $1000.00 for a larger one like a Young Unicorn. That should slow down the speed at which they disappear.
      *~*~*~*~*~*

Hee Hee – are you sure about that? Have you seen some of the eBay prices lately? People B crazy!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Courtney
      Participant

Melody could just make more.

Instead of a grab bag with 200 items why not do 500 items. That way everyone can get one and the folks who want multiples can get multiples.

It would take a bit longer for the grab bags to be released but with the demand for them so high it only makes sense to make more of them.

As it was pointed out there are way more buyers than before.

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

Ela_Hara
        Participant

Melody could just make more.

Instead of a grab bag with 200 items why not do 500 items. That way everyone can get one and the folks who want multiples can get multiples.

It would take a bit longer for the grab bags to be released but with the demand for them so high it only makes sense to make more of them.

As it was pointed out there are way more buyers than before.

I think that could be another Kickstarter – I’m sure Melody did at least 500 Adult Poads, in addition to all the Baby Poads and Mini-Beans for The Veligent KS.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

fatalbeauty
          Participant

oog, don’t want Melody to have to make 500 each time just to make us happy, we don’t want her to hate doing GBs since it feels more like a chore than fun, we want her to have fun making these…..

4 things I'm looking for:
            1. Mother Meerkat
            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
            3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
            4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

tig3r06
            Participant

It’s the number of people going for them at the same time that causes the store to crash. Unfortunately, whether it’s 120 or 150, it isn’t going to matter if everyone is trying to get one at the same time. If 200 people want one, then you can’t wait, you need to try to grab one right when they launch.

This is what happens. If the limit was made 1 per person for the entire grab bag rather than per batch, more people could get one, but we’d still have to fight through crashing the store.😝

That’s true, but a larger batch and one-per-person might mean that there still are some Grab Bags in the store after the initial chaos. Then people wouldn’t have to be so worried about snatching one as soon as they are available.

Or, of course, the store price could just be set at $750.00 for a small Grab Bag piece (the size of a young Poad or a fox or a baby unicorn) and $1000.00 for a larger one like a Young Unicorn. That should slow down the speed at which they disappear.

It wouldn’t matter to me how many more she made, I’d still be worried about getting one so I’d still be trying right at launch 🤣

People would be super upset by the cost so the thought of trying to allow more people to buy totally gets thrown out the window with that idea lol.

tig3r06
              Participant

oog, don’t want Melody to have to make 500 each time just to make us happy, we don’t want her to hate doing GBs since it feels more like a chore than fun, we want her to have fun making these…..

I agree, she said she liked to do about 120.

Courtney
                Participant

500 was an exaggeration 😂

I wouldn’t want Melody to overdo it.

I just meant that there are more people who are buying than there was before but the grab bag sizes have stayed roughly the same? Or have they grown larger?

I honestly don’t know. It just seems like they sell out within hours even with 1 per customer. More of them might help alleviate the feeding frenzy.

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

JJ
                  Participant

Keep in mind it’s not really been “1 per customer” though recently with the different options available. Even at 120, if it’s split to “just” two categories that’s only 60 people in total who get a GB order in if everyone gets “one of each” as so often happens.

I’ll be honest, as someone who isn’t able to be hovering on my email during the day to wait for a GB to drop I’ve pretty much given up on the idea of ever getting one of the sculpts I’d be interested in as a GB at this point because of that exact fact. It’s disappointing but complaining isn’t the answer either so… *shrugs* 🙂

In answer to your question though Melody, red foxes could be interesting 🙂 Personally, I’m not a huge fantasy paint person for non-fantasy sculpts (foxes, cats, horses etc) but I do also enjoy seeing what you come up with for the non-giraffe safari paints as well 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.