Grab bag red foxes?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Grab bag red foxes?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    BigCatKeeper
    Participant

Are the pebble dragons rising or laying loafs? Easter egg laying loafs would be fun too. Or spring colors in either. (Maybe with flowers?)

Homg, easter egg loafs and bunny colored risers.

dragonmedley
      Participant

I think they used to make the eyes, not just paint them.

No, unfortunately we never made the glass blanks. We paint them with glass paint and fire them.

I recall you asking if anyone read Laotian??? or some similar language because the eye person was gone and you needed to read their notes. Was it for paint or the eyes, I don’t recall…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

etruscan
        Participant

I think they used to make the eyes, not just paint them.

No, unfortunately we never made the glass blanks. We paint them with glass paint and fire them.

I recall you asking if anyone read Laotian??? or some similar language because the eye person was gone and you needed to read their notes. Was it for paint or the eyes, I don’t recall…

LOL – I did a search and it looks as though she was looking for someone to read Cambodian. That was in 2009, so before my time on the Forum.

Presumably the problem has been resolved by now but if not … my sister and her son lived in Phnom Penh for years and probably could read it (or know someone who could if it is too difficult for them).

pdlucich
          Participant

Maybe a little late (slow thinker here) — spring sugar cookie poads or foxes? Pastel swirls with “sprinkles” (different color paint dots, no perfection or symmetry required).

It's not hoarding if it's books!
            Cat hair -- condiment and fashion accessory!

Melody
            Keymaster

Maybe a little late (slow thinker here) — spring sugar cookie poads or foxes? Pastel swirls with “sprinkles” (different color paint dots, no perfection or symmetry required).

I am painting spring “young poads™”.
              We only have 80 of them cast and I remember that there was some problem with the eyes not fitting, so these were never finished. BUT these seem to have had their eyes fixed, AND we found the molds, so casting more is happening.

Bodine
              Participant

YAY!

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Ela_Hara
                Participant

OOOOOooooo! Spring Young Poads sounds really interesting! ^_^

Question: Since there may only be 80 can you please only do them as one batch and put a one per customer limit on them, so some of us who have recently been shut out of Grab Bags can have a chance to get one? I may really like to get one for myself and my collection – not get one as ‘trade bait’…

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                  Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

tig3r06
                  Participant

I’d just like to say that people on facebook, and not as much here, really need to please stop making digs at people for what they are able to purchase or trade for.
                    Ela_Hara, you were even deciding whether or not to buy a grab bag giraffe baby peg as “trade bait.” (Page 1 of the grab bag baby peg thread.)

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

True. I said that mainly because I was frustrated that others were commenting that the only reason they had bought was for that intention and not because they really wanted one. And at one point I had a Giraffe in my cart but since I really didn’t want it I threw it back. I didn’t go through with buying it because it didn’t feel right.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

etruscan
                      Participant

I am hopeful that Melody saying that more Poads are being cast means a batch of more than 80! Otherwise it really will be a crash-the-store and oh-I-missed-them situation.

tig3r06
                        Participant

Hopefully more than 80 can be made for everyone who loves poads. I don’t want them myself, so thankfully my pocketbook gets a break (and no anxiety of waiting for the grab bag 😆.)
                          The store has been extra crashing with all the newbies I think too, and where we used to have extras where the limit could be lifted, now most of the grab bags just sell out quickly. Everything mostly sells out quickly. Great for Windstone with all the new collectors, but also a little difficult right now for them to keep up with demand.
                          I think the only way to help grab bags would be to paint even more in a batch, but holy cow Melody already paints alot for one person! I can’t imagine trying to paint 80 or 120, so even more 😮

Melody
                          Keymaster

We found the good molds, the ones with eyes that fit, so we will cast more. I usually have 120 in a gb batch.

etruscan
                            Participant

Hopefully more than 80 can be made for everyone who loves poads. I don’t want them myself, so thankfully my pocketbook gets a break (and no anxiety of waiting for the grab bag 😆.)
                              The store has been extra crashing with all the newbies I think too, and where we used to have extras where the limit could be lifted, now most of the grab bags just sell out quickly. Everything mostly sells out quickly. Great for Windstone with all the new collectors, but also a little difficult right now for them to keep up with demand.
                              I think the only way to help grab bags would be to paint even more in a batch, but holy cow Melody already paints alot for one person! I can’t imagine trying to paint 80 or 120, so even more 😮

I think that dividing Grab Bags into batches is a big reason why they sell out so quickly. If I recall correctly, Melody has said that she worries about people getting Grab Bags that they don’t like. It also is true that trading can get expensive.

As we all know, the advantage of batches is that someone who just wants a giraffe, for example, is sure she (or he) will receive a giraffe. That person probably would be unhappy if there was one big group rather than separate batches and might choose to skip buying from the store.

However, I don’t believe that these reasons are compelling when compared to people missing a Grab Bag completely because everything sold out in four hours or less. Many more people would have an opportunity to get a Grab Bag item if the Grab Bag was one-per-person and one big batch. Maybe the Grab Bags would even last long enough for the limit to be lifted!

Setsunawolf
                              Participant

Etruscan has a good point. There are people who get 1 grab per batch so they end up with 2-3 depending on the number of batches and other people who get zero. Based on the sales from the early batches where it was just one batch, if they didn’t sell out at 1 per person they sold out very quickly once the limit had been lifted.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                                Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                                Sun Dragon Koi #3

merrillannwhite
                                Participant

Some of the grab bags that had more than one batch had a limit of 1 for the whole grab bag. Meaning you could order 1 item from whichever batch you liked the best and no more until the limit was lifted. I thought this was good because it still gave you some choice on the style options but allowed more people to get one.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.